Please provide us with the Positive Feedback

Please provide us with the Positive Feedback

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 9, 2017, 18:2401/09/17
02/28/16
Drogar61 said:

Something sick or at least weird is with me (and not only me as I can see)
Sunk cost fallacy <- thats why i am still here.
Jan 9, 2017, 21:2601/09/17
Jan 9, 2017, 21:52(edited)

Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

Plarium has taken some suggestions from players.  For example, troops returning from beacons are now sent to catacombs automatically.  

Automatically sending units to catacombs might be helpful in some circumstances, but not in all

If we manually recall units from one beacon with the intention of sending them elsewhere then it is a bluddy nuisance to find them in our cat

It took me 20 minutes to re-sort my army to send to a different beacon

Manually recalled units should not be sent to catacombs

These 'helpful' UI changes often create other problems because they were never discussed on forums and negative feedback has been ignored

Anyway, if the beacon massacre was designed to kill inactive defense, then why waste dev man-hours sending them to catacombs after a successful beacon attack? Who asked for this change? lol

What would been usefull, had been to give us like army slots (tabs) whatever. Of coursse than had come with like 2 free ones and then have to pay a fortune for extras :p

a new player had made a suggestion, that i believe he was talking about presets.  i suggested 5 free presets and 5 for sapphires.  the answer back was "it would take up too much space" in code.  but i am not sure that the idea of presets was understood.

when you click send all, that is a preset, when you click send all bestiary, that is a preset, when you click all offense bestiary, that is a preset.  when you click all dragons, that is a preset.  presets don't take up extra space in the troop assembly, by dividing your troops within the assembly.  they are just prearranged commands.  and if at that time you do not have sufficient troops to fill the order,  you get a statement that the preset could not be filled due to lack of troops available.

i don't know coding, so i don't know what it would take for individual players to set presets.  other games do have them. 10 free and 10 purchasable would be of organizational value.  personally, i like troops being sent to catacombs.  like djmoody said though, those changes don't consist of great, groundbreaking new content.  they do fix flaws in troops being caught at the castle for some players, maybe mostly smaller players.  but there are so many big flaws in the game content, that there will always be an issue over where the plarium time effort and money is spent on content.  and the priority and vision of the game is given as the justification for excessive mtx.

personally i like both the troops going straight to catacombs and the idea of having presets.  the game to me has been flawed from the beginning from the very first structure of mechanics.  i have stated the macro directions i believe the game should go.
Jan 9, 2017, 21:4101/09/17
07/25/15

johanrayne said:

Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

Plarium has taken some suggestions from players.  For example, troops returning from beacons are now sent to catacombs automatically.  

Automatically sending units to catacombs might be helpful in some circumstances, but not in all

If we manually recall units from one beacon with the intention of sending them elsewhere then it is a bluddy nuisance to find them in our cat

It took me 20 minutes to re-sort my army to send to a different beacon

Manually recalled units should not be sent to catacombs

These 'helpful' UI changes often create other problems because they were never discussed on forums and negative feedback has been ignored

Anyway, if the beacon massacre was designed to kill inactive defense, then why waste dev man-hours sending them to catacombs after a successful beacon attack? Who asked for this change? lol

What would been usefull, had been to give us like army slots (tabs) whatever. Of coursse than had come with like 2 free ones and then have to pay a fortune for extras :p

a new player had made a suggestion, that i believe he was talking about presets.  i suggested 5 free presets and 5 for sapphires.  the answer back was "it would take up too much space" in code.  but i am not sure that the idea of presets was understood.

when you click send all, that is a preset, when you click send all bestiary, that is a preset, when you click all offense bestiary, that is a preset.  when you click all dragons, that is a preset.  presets don't take up extra space in the troop assembly, by dividing your troops within the assembly.  they are just prearranged commands.  and if at that time you do not have sufficient troops to fill the order,  you get a statement that the preset could not be filled due to lack of troops available.

i don't know coding, so i don't know what it would take for individual players to set presets.  other games do have them. 10 free and 10 purchasable would be of organizational value.  personally, i like troops being sent to catacombs.  like djmoody said though, those changes don't consist of great, groundbreaking new content.  they do fix flaws in troops being caught at the castle for some players, maybe mostly smaller players.  but there are so many big flaws in the game content, that there will always be an issue over where the plarium time effort and money is spent on content.  and the priority and vision of the game is given as the justification for excessive mtx.

personally i like both the troops going straight to catacombs and the idea of having presets.  the game to me has been flawed from the beginning form the very first structure of mechanics.  i have stated the macro directions i believe the game should go.

Guess it comes down to what side of the table you sit at, the players or the company. Success of the company is to make the players spend as much money as possible. It seldom enrich the players with a good game in the long run. They want to invest minimal time and effort into expanding and working on the game. Just to say something like "it would take to much space in the code" is ridicilous. Just as replies where they say it would take to much space on the server". 

As for the code part, I don't know if the game was made by inhouse coders, or it was an outsourced deal, or whatever. Sometimes in the run of a company you get new people aboard that have to work with old code they didn't make, and might be to afraid to mess with stuff in case they frack things up. End of the line, it all comes down to the company and how much they want to invest into the game. 
Jan 10, 2017, 12:5601/10/17
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, the conditions of the Massacre event are the same for players on different platforms/games. And despite some players don't like this event, there are actually many players which do enjoy it, participate it and take advantages of it. If you don't like Massacre, you can enjoy the rest of the regular gameplay in the meanwhile. In addition, there are many different events which can be interesting for you.

From my side, I gather all negative and positive feedback and forward it to our devs for further consideration.

Jan 10, 2017, 13:0001/10/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, the conditions of the Massacre event are the same for players on different platforms/games. And despite some players don't like this event, there are actually many players which do enjoy it, participate it and take advantages of it. If you don't like Massacre, you can enjoy the rest of the regular gameplay in the meanwhile. In addition, there are many different events which can be interesting for you.

From my side, I gather all negative and positive feedback and forward it to our devs for further consideration.

Thats one of the big problems. You see it all as whole. But every server have its own community, every game have its own community. And what one like doesn't necessary another like. Also like Stormfall on facebook is not the same as Stormfall on this server etc. Plariums approach seems to be "one size fits all" but that is not the case.
Jan 11, 2017, 16:3001/11/17
03/01/16

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Thats one of the big problems. You see it all as whole. But every server have its own community, every game have its own community. And what one like doesn't necessary another like. Also like Stormfall on facebook is not the same as Stormfall on this server etc. Plariums approach seems to be "one size fits all" but that is not the case.

I can see your point, Gadheras. And when I forward feedback about each feature or event, I always specify the community. My point was to show you that players, which participate the Massacre event, have discovered its positive sides. So I wanted to share this with you.

Jan 12, 2017, 01:0601/12/17
12/13/14

We have been bombarded with 2 beacon events and one fortress event

Am I the only player who thinks this has gone way too far?

Ah well, at least we can click the Prize Draw tab instead and gamble our sapphires away

Jan 12, 2017, 12:1801/12/17
03/01/16
The reason we launch the Massacre Event is that players participate it.
Jan 12, 2017, 16:1801/12/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Voulentary, or invoulentary?

Imagine you have a playground with some bullies. They go around and smack all the kids around. Which party do you think is the vouentary one and the invoulentary one. Who have fun and who doesn't ? You could argue, oh but you get a free bandage to put on... great aint it?

Imagine you on the beach, worked all day on build a sand castle. Then someone come and kick it over. So you got vacation for another week and decdide to build your sand castle again tomorrow, and someone come kick it over again, and again, and again. 

You can claim some have fun, but it doesn't mean the majority does.
Jan 13, 2017, 17:0901/13/17
03/01/16

There are many ways to analyze the activity. Yes, during different Tournaments and Events some particular players' actions raise at this point. But it's a good thing, isn't it?

We always say that the main idea of the Tournaments and Events to get a chance to win a Reward for doing actions you would do anyway.

If we're talking about Massacre Event, isn't it a good bonus for player to fight against their enemies and restore almost all your losses for free?
Jan 13, 2017, 17:2101/13/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

There are many ways to analyze the activity. Yes, during different Tournaments and Events some particular players' actions raise at this point. But it's a good thing, isn't it?

We always say that the main idea of the Tournaments and Events to get a chance to win a Reward for doing actions you would do anyway.

If we're talking about Massacre Event, isn't it a good bonus for player to fight against their enemies and restore almost all your losses for free?

Lets say the winners of the competition, is left with a combined 5000 USD bill..... if they was to revive their units for sapphires...  even after the free revive.... shouldnt then the combined reward for these players be more than 5000 USD worth of sapphires? If not, what is the win then?

Where is the reward if you are left with a loss even after the "supposed reward" you get? just asking.

Jan 13, 2017, 17:5101/13/17
03/01/16

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Lets say the winners of the competition, is left with a combined 5000 USD bill..... if they was to revive their units for sapphires...  even after the free revive.... shouldnt then the combined reward for these players be more than 5000 USD worth of sapphires? If not, what is the win then?

Where is the reward if you are left with a loss even after the "supposed reward" you get? just asking.

You fight, you reach new achievements, you find new friends and seek new enemies. Is the Stormfall the game where you're fighting only for Items as a Reward?

Jan 13, 2017, 19:0701/13/17
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

You fight, you reach new achievements, you find new friends and seek new enemies. Is the Stormfall the game where you're fighting only for Items as a Reward?

I wouldn't play any game where there wasn't a GAIN for me to have wether its loot, achievments, fun or goals. I wouldn't t do dungeons in wow, or operations in swtor. if there wasn't something worth the while in the other end of the tunnel. and when you consider the price tag of things in Stormfall. The price tags of achivements in Stormfall is way to high. Not everyone can be winners, but rewards for those that does win, need to be better than what they lose to get to that position. There is one winner in Stormfall and that is Plarium, rest is just a illusion. 

Jan 13, 2017, 20:4201/13/17
06/22/14

Eugenia Misura said:

Gadheras said:

Eugenia Misura said:

NO!

We're fighting with goal to loose something, and to make Plarium richer than before.

Are you lost your sense, or you think that you're so superior to have right to write anything no matter does it have sense or not? 

Jan 13, 2017, 21:2301/13/17
12/18/14

Eugenia Misura said:

Launching massacre events immediately following beacon drops is ridiculous, its just another money grab and its causing people to leave the game 

massacre events are bad enough but doing them immediately after beacon drops is beyond reason - leagues already have to fight to keep the newly dropped beacons this makes it twice as hard - lets face it a league despite being played world wide and 24/7 cannot keep up and maintain the territory they fight so hard for when you do this - not ALL players participate in beacon activity - many do not want to but they are willing to help defend beacons when they are secured by the league - you are taking something that some people are willing to do and forcing them to participate in something they don't want to participate in - their defense they are willing to send to beacons is getting massacred against their wishes
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.