A change of tack?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 29, 2016, 09:4612/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 09:49(edited)

is from medieval who use ip sharing features and anti pushing controls

in this game instead is recommended to use proxy and vpn.... is already enough

so wanted and so must be !!! only plarium team been abusing and gain for all front

Dec 29, 2016, 09:5012/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 09:53(edited)
03/13/15

Gadheras said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. 

How do you know this?

Btw, if this is a truth then Plarium developers are simple amateurs. But I think that they aren't, so please answer the question.
This is my trade for many years.. and i am an expert in this field with more than 12 years.. even a kid that joins the company i work in knows this.

Uhm. All player data is stored in data tables, and you could set any code moneky on start data mine the tables for annomalies that bots stand out as. The code of the actual game got nothing to do with dealing with bots already in the game. If you an expert you would known this. Our player date can be more compared to a giant@ass xcel sheet.

The real issue is the willingness of Plarium to deal with the problem. 

It's so twisted they look at bots as content for players. Just when the bots start win tournaments I guess they maybe start think they let it slide to far. 

great idea even though using Ice age technology. That would only remove the existing bots. what about if new ones get created. I said permanent fix not workarounds.

Maybe originally idea about excel sheet isn't good, but as I know all data are in database.

Today, there is no db engine which can't control whole situation as on going process. Simpler than my previous sentence.
I used the term xcel sheet as a example for people to understand how the user data is stored. I didn't imply the user data was stored in xcel shet or had anything to do with excel. All user data is in a database, and have nothing to do with millions of lines of code. and tbh I don't think Plarium even close to have that many lines of codes in this game at all :p

I have highlighted the part which means the most. The actual aim. Apologies if my words hurt but at time i do to make people understand the complexity of things.

@jumy: bud if Plarium had introduced them why would they even both trying to find a fix for it. this i know from the discussion with the CMs who inturn discussed this with the Devs.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:0112/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

Read the very fist post i already said the fix is in progress.

Again assumption. Do you know that we got similar promises for other corrections before you started game and still nothing?

Much better answer could be by using dates as answers on when devs started and when devs will finish. Based on your experience you should be warned that such information have to be placed with announcement about that project.

Every change is project, right? And every project has start end end. I never read/watch/whatever Code 101. Do such things exist there?

At the end, fro where are we really started, exactly pressure on that question produced that change. You tried to explain us that we should to stop with such things!?

Dec 29, 2016, 10:0312/29/16
06/22/14

@Gadheras

I understood your message but Mod mention Ice Age, so I tried just to correct direction of discussion. 
Dec 29, 2016, 10:1212/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 10:13(edited)

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Gadheras said:

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

It is at time hard to find the exact issue with millions of line of codes and trillions of line of logs. 

How do you know this?

Btw, if this is a truth then Plarium developers are simple amateurs. But I think that they aren't, so please answer the question.
This is my trade for many years.. and i am an expert in this field with more than 12 years.. even a kid that joins the company i work in knows this.

Uhm. All player data is stored in data tables, and you could set any code moneky on start data mine the tables for annomalies that bots stand out as. The code of the actual game got nothing to do with dealing with bots already in the game. If you an expert you would known this. Our player date can be more compared to a giant@ass xcel sheet.

The real issue is the willingness of Plarium to deal with the problem. 

It's so twisted they look at bots as content for players. Just when the bots start win tournaments I guess they maybe start think they let it slide to far. 

great idea even though using Ice age technology. That would only remove the existing bots. what about if new ones get created. I said permanent fix not workarounds.

Maybe originally idea about excel sheet isn't good, but as I know all data are in database.

Today, there is no db engine which can't control whole situation as on going process. Simpler than my previous sentence.
I used the term xcel sheet as a example for people to understand how the user data is stored. I didn't imply the user data was stored in xcel shet or had anything to do with excel. All user data is in a database, and have nothing to do with millions of lines of code. and tbh I don't think Plarium even close to have that many lines of codes in this game at all :p

I have highlighted the part which means the most. The actual aim. Apologies if my words hurt but at time i do to make people understand the complexity of things.

@jumy: bud if Plarium had introduced them why would they even both trying to find a fix for it. this i know from the discussion with the CMs who inturn discussed this with the Devs.

the difficulty is that the basis of this game is autobot

autobot by whom it was made and for whom?

then they thought to earn more money by selling it

i try 2-3 time and see if a players use cheats, plarium nothing is his team

cheats or code implemented in this game, so think about

Dec 29, 2016, 10:1212/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 10:14(edited)
03/13/15

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Again assumption. Do you know that we got similar promises for other corrections before you started game and still nothing?

Much better answer could be by using dates as answers on when devs started and when devs will finish. Based on your experience you should be warned that such information have to be placed with announcement about that project.

Every change is project, right? And every project has start end end. I never read/watch/whatever Code 101. Do such things exist there?

At the end, fro where are we really started, exactly pressure on that question produced that change. You tried to explain us that we should to stop with such things!?

correction every change is due to either a issue or a new feature. An introduction of a feature or an upgrade can be a part of project or an enhancement request. All fixes should have a proposed date provided they can be fixed and approved by the testers. All fixes can only be deployed if all test scenarios are passed or the number of scenarios passed are under acceptable criteria.

If the root cause for the issue cannot be determined or the testing cannot be passed the fix cannot be developed or deployed.

As for "Code 101", i call the combined class that i take for new joinees in my project for see how well they understand SDLC and ITIL.

Dec 29, 2016, 10:1312/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

It isn't nice to hurt players even if you want to light something to us. And what was you doing wasn't reveal of complexity of things. It was simple try to post something, maybe as your obligations to make predefined number of posts per day to earn your 'salary'.

I'm sorry if you really wanted to do something for community, and apologize at same time, but in that case you have to try much much harder and prove really credible answer. Last one wasn't.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:1312/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 10:40(edited)
02/28/16

Warrior said:

Pay me and i will give you solution you need. I won't work for sapphires though. I must say your attitude give me permanent fix or stfu is a really sh**y way of moderating forum discussion. Keep up the good(?) work. With lack of content in this game forum flame wars and "experts" like you must suffice for the entertainment.

Dec 29, 2016, 10:1712/29/16

autobot and cheats are the tip of the iceberg

real problem is fake player, yes a team involved with plarium with his secret
Dec 29, 2016, 10:1812/29/16
07/25/15
Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

It isn't nice to hurt players even if you want to light something to us. And what was you doing wasn't reveal of complexity of things. It was simple try to post something, maybe as your obligations to make predefined number of posts per day to earn your 'salary'.

I'm sorry if you really wanted to do something for community, and apologize at same time, but in that case you have to try much much harder and prove really credible answer. Last one wasn't.
Don't want to spoil your fun, but I don't think mods get paid anything, unless they get some ingame perks I dont know about.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:1912/29/16
03/13/15

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Nope the same if i put 3 post or 200 posts. I am just trying to say the discussion is about 2-3 people wanting to know what and when the fix is and all i know if the fix is in progress and they want to fix it permanently and hence are taking time.

Dec 29, 2016, 10:2512/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 10:57(edited)
06/22/14

Warrior said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

correction every change is due to either a issue or a new feature. An introduction of a feature or an upgrade can be a part of project or an enhancement request. All fixes should have a proposed date provided they can be fixed and approved by the testers. All fixes can only be deployed if all test scenarios are passed or the number of scenarios passed are under acceptable criteria.

If the root cause for the issue cannot be determined or the testing cannot be passed the fix cannot be developed or deployed.

As for "Code 101", i call the combined class that i take for new joinees in my project for see how well they understand SDLC and ITIL.

Nice try, but wrong. "An introduction of a feature or an upgrade" can't be part of existing project because they can't have such names as you used. Used terms are also problematic because every new feature is upgrade, spec. when product is already made. We played game on something. I believe that we will agree that it is a product.

Everything what has envision, planing, developing, testing, deploying, start date and (projected, during a time final) end date is project,no matter does it is self-contained or it is part of some other project. (This is for free )

But we still need dates from you? About this new feature, ofc.

Edit: Introduction of a feature or an Upgrade can be a part of a project but not existing. I thought we were talking about definition of a IT Project and what it can include. -- Warrior

Edit (drogar): And it is still project no matter how you will it. But, again, what is more interesting for me is dates. You obviously don't want to give us that dates, or you have no idea about them. In turn, we're at start again. Our pressure produced start date (it means I believe you). I believe that another pressure will give us end date.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:2812/29/16
06/22/14

Gadheras said:

Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

Don't want to spoil your fun, but I don't think mods get paid anything, unless they get some ingame perks I dont know about.

I put salary under quotation marks, because they are payed, but not by real money 

Dec 29, 2016, 10:3612/29/16
03/13/15

We are deviating from the topic and Hence proving my point on Spamming and "Flogging a dead horse". 

As for the date, no communication on the date but it has been assured that they are working on the fix and want to fix it permanently and hence are taking time.

Dec 29, 2016, 11:0812/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

We are deviating from the topic and Hence proving my point on Spamming and "Flogging a dead horse". 

As for the date, no communication on the date but it has been assured that they are working on the fix and want to fix it permanently and hence are taking time.

You made deviation, but I agree that we could back to the point.

Ty for answer for final date. Can you tell us when developers accept complaints about bots and decided to fight against them?
Dec 29, 2016, 11:1712/29/16

Rosconz said:

Plarium has always appeared to have a 'hands-off' approach to dealing with the bots. But now we see a thread that was started with the express purpose of collecting bot addresses to be given to support so Plarium didn't have to make any extra effort, has been CLOSED.

This tells me that Plarium has moved from ignoring bots to actively defending them. 

It won't be long now until bots are taking our beacons 

This is the sad truth    

Warrior

I hear what you saying, but sorry mate you missing 1 major point. That being this argument has been going on so so long ( years ) that, lets be honest here and that is that it will never be fixed.

And even if by some miracle someone is working on it. The way you describe it, then they will never finish lol.

Lets face it, Plarium make no money from solving this problem. So with Plariums no1 rule NO CASH = NO WORK. it aint gonna happen.

Dec 29, 2016, 11:2612/29/16
03/13/15
Drogar61 said:

Warrior said:

You made deviation, but I agree that we could back to the point.

Ty for answer for final date. Can you tell us when developers accept complaints about bots and decided to fight against them?
As soon as we get any update either the Mods or the CMs will update in the forum.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:3212/29/16

Who knows can imagine with what works here 500AC

Dec 29, 2016, 11:3212/29/16
Dec 29, 2016, 11:32(edited)
03/13/15

ajohn.abs said:

Rosconz said:

Plarium has always appeared to have a 'hands-off' approach to dealing with the bots. But now we see a thread that was started with the express purpose of collecting bot addresses to be given to support so Plarium didn't have to make any extra effort, has been CLOSED.

This tells me that Plarium has moved from ignoring bots to actively defending them. 

It won't be long now until bots are taking our beacons 

This is the sad truth    

Warrior

I hear what you saying, but sorry mate you missing 1 major point. That being this argument has been going on so so long ( years ) that, lets be honest here and that is that it will never be fixed.

And even if by some miracle someone is working on it. The way you describe it, then they will never finish lol.

Lets face it, Plarium make no money from solving this problem. So with Plariums no1 rule NO CASH = NO WORK. it aint gonna happen.

actually not exactly true, the money would come from happy players, so no developer in their right mind would not think of solving it. It is just sad that they close on source and the other appeared int he past and hence the issue stayed. Now as i said we learn from our mistakes and hence they learnt as well and now they are finding a permanent solution for it.

Also with the timeline for the Flash being obsolete it become like 2 things in priority fighting against each other along with the task of keep the game active with new content to stop stagnation. So i hope like after seeing what they are in process of doing like me, all players will understand that after all they are also humans and they also have limitations.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:4712/29/16
06/22/14

Warrior said:

So i hope like after seeing what they are in process of doing like me, all players will understand that after all they are also humans and they also have limitations.

I rally don't want to continue, but that problem is well known and have so simple, proven, solution. Hire more devs.

If you have any addition on this I promise I will be quiet, but really please read your text before you post it.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.