All Categories

Broken  BG Proof

Broken BG Proof

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 3, 2016, 06:0912/03/16

Very risky this time, highest amount ever so far in the bank, but i am mostly paid out now. The mechanism giving stuff out at a certain max. in your bank seems to be it. The payout did come, but if it had not come at this point my next true attempt would have been in a few months, certainly not in a timeframe many players will wait for.

Also, if you play lots of bg and loose your army on the field in pvp, you are basically done with bg forever. (Plays into absysmal player retention rate, of topic here.)

I will certainly not be the first to ask, but take a page out of the book of strategy game makers and put your game rules on the table.

Dec 4, 2016, 10:2512/04/16
Back in, it does pay out but some safeguards that used to be there do not work.
Dec 5, 2016, 02:4012/05/16
02/25/15
Is it just me or do the staff stop commenting on a thread in the hopes it dies but never gives anything but the company line for a response
Dec 5, 2016, 07:1412/05/16
07/25/15

None said:

Is it just me or do the staff stop commenting on a thread in the hopes it dies but never gives anything but the company line for a response

Community managers doesn't work during weekends. And forums basicaly left in the hands of the mods. Devs never comment or post on the forums.

Stormfall is an established game by now, but we the players have no real interaction with the devs etc. I got quite a few games on steam that is in early access, alphas etc. and you can communicate with the devs on the forums all the time. Even your input can have a impact on the game itself.

This is where you see the difference between devs making games for the players to play, and not just to make a buck.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 5, 2016, 11:4112/05/16
09/17/15

Gadheras said:

None said:

Community managers doesn't work during weekends. And forums basicaly left in the hands of the mods. Devs never comment or post on the forums.

Stormfall is an established game by now, but we the players have no real interaction with the devs etc. I got quite a few games on steam that is in early access, alphas etc. and you can communicate with the devs on the forums all the time. Even your input can have a impact on the game itself.

This is where you see the difference between devs making games for the players to play, and not just to make a buck.

In our company each employee has his own tasks. We all work as a big team and rely on each other's help and experience. Most of the working processes in our company require cooperation of several departments.

When it comes to gathering player feedback or suggestions CMs do their part of job (interacting with players and passing the info through the right channels). Game analytics, project managers, developers, game designers - they also have their parts of the job. They rely on CMs help in getting the direct info from players, and on other departments that get the numbers, graphs, and other kinds of information.

They don't interact with players, they don't visit our Communities. But not because they aren't interested, but because they rely on CMs. They know we'll give them the whole info right in time, so they can concentrate on their part.

The teams I've mentioned work directly on the new games, big features and small improvements. It takes a lot of time and effort to calculate the feature balance, create huge documents with specification and balance, tasks that will be assigned to devs, and to code all that, fix bugs found by QA, etc.

It's totally understandable that you want to be closer to the game development process. And from our side, we started making some steps to give you some info directly from development teams. Like our live streams about the new features. And there will be even more of them. That's what we can do. However, we can't ask any of the teams engaged in game development to communicate with players on Forums. 

Dec 5, 2016, 12:3712/05/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:

None said:

In our company each employee has his own tasks. We all work as a big team and rely on each other's help and experience. Most of the working processes in our company require cooperation of several departments.

When it comes to gathering player feedback or suggestions CMs do their part of job (interacting with players and passing the info through the right channels). Game analytics, project managers, developers, game designers - they also have their parts of the job. They rely on CMs help in getting the direct info from players, and on other departments that get the numbers, graphs, and other kinds of information.

They don't interact with players, they don't visit our Communities. But not because they aren't interested, but because they rely on CMs. They know we'll give them the whole info right in time, so they can concentrate on their part.

The teams I've mentioned work directly on the new games, big features and small improvements. It takes a lot of time and effort to calculate the feature balance, create huge documents with specification and balance, tasks that will be assigned to devs, and to code all that, fix bugs found by QA, etc.

It's totally understandable that you want to be closer to the game development process. And from our side, we started making some steps to give you some info directly from development teams. Like our live streams about the new features. And there will be even more of them. That's what we can do. However, we can't ask any of the teams engaged in game development to communicate with players on Forums. 

Some years back in EVE, they made a own dev team called the thousand papercuts or something along those lines, they compiled a list of all the small minor things the community had asked for and bugs to fix and they just did it bullet point style. I can't see why something similar could happen with Plarium as well.

Dec 6, 2016, 04:0512/06/16
08/03/14

Gadheras said:

None said:

But didnt you say only postive feedback gets passed on to the devs?  they have no real world experience with what is happening inside their game. 

are they even aware that a majority of the players actually hate the game as it is now?  that we only stay because of time equity already invested?
Dec 6, 2016, 05:4012/06/16
10/15/14
If the bgs was paying too much out it would be fixed in 2 hours 
Dec 6, 2016, 05:4312/06/16
01/12/15
Sarah Walker said:

Truth lol
Dec 6, 2016, 07:1912/06/16
08/03/14

Sarah Walker said:

you mean....when the bg was paying out too much. 

remember....we all got called cheaters, and they changed it. 
Dec 6, 2016, 11:3312/06/16
Dec 6, 2016, 11:33(edited)
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

But didnt you say only postive feedback gets passed on to the devs?  they have no real world experience with what is happening inside their game. 

I never said that. I said - only constructive feedback. The feedback they can work with. I can't pass comments like "Everything is bad". What exactly? How bad? How could we change that? What do players want? - Those are inevitable questions I would receive from devs. That's why I ask you for more details, for some possible ways to fix the issue you have, for some constructive feedback.
Dec 6, 2016, 16:3412/06/16
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

I never said that. I said - only constructive feedback. The feedback they can work with. I can't pass comments like "Everything is bad". What exactly? How bad? How could we change that? What do players want? - Those are inevitable questions I would receive from devs. That's why I ask you for more details, for some possible ways to fix the issue you have, for some constructive feedback.

Most of the time when I see people post about things being bad or being criticsed it also come with a reason or explenation why so. Its very seldom just "things are bad"...

Dec 6, 2016, 18:1712/06/16
Dec 6, 2016, 21:36(edited)
02/28/16

Let me get this straight. If you consider something not to be a "constructive feedback" devs wont hear about it? Forum moderators stated that they dont have contact with developers, making you the ears and eyes of devs. Seeing as they are deaf and blind to our problems I am starting to think you might be part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.

Dec 6, 2016, 21:1812/06/16
08/03/14

IronApex Turok said:

Do you not see what a horrible failure that policy is?

How many people use the "alyona" character?  is it always  you that logs into this account? or do other CMs assume the character on your off days?

having only one channel between the players and the developers creates a bottleneck. i know there is a large team of community managers. why is it just you and Nikita here? The developers really should be here to review feedback themselves. 

if you only ever pass on "constructive criticism" then the developers arent hearing what is really wrong with the game. 

plariums future failure will either be attributed to you or that policy.   If you are the sole actor behind Alyona, my best guess is that you will bear the most responsibility when the execs look back and the issue will never be resolved. 

if there are more than one actor behind this character (which i hope there are) then the policy will be to blame and can one day be fixed. 

Dec 6, 2016, 21:1912/06/16
08/03/14

On another note......

mobile is the future of the gaming industry and online forums will be a thing of the past.  so i suppose, whether the failure is blamed on you or not, you'll still be looking for a job 
Dec 7, 2016, 10:3812/07/16
09/17/15

Stormfall said:

Let me get this straight. If you consider something not to be a "constructive feedback" devs wont hear about it? Forum moderators stated that they dont have contact with developers, making you the ears and eyes of devs. Seeing as they are deaf and blind to our problems I am starting to think you might be part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.

Devs are aware of your problems. But I can only pass feedback if players explain what they don't like and why. Simple "the game is broken" isn't the feedback we're looking for.

However, if we're talking about the new features, I pass feedback in the following form:

% negative comments, % positive/neutral comments.

Players didn't like the following:

1)

2)

3)

because.....

Players like the following:

1)

2)

3)

Players suggest:

1)

2)

3)

Dec 7, 2016, 10:4212/07/16
09/17/15

IronApex Turok said:

Do you not see what a horrible failure that policy is?

How many people use the "alyona" character?  is it always  you that logs into this account? or do other CMs assume the character on your off days?

having only one channel between the players and the developers creates a bottleneck. i know there is a large team of community managers. why is it just you and Nikita here? The developers really should be here to review feedback themselves. 

There's only one person behind this account, always. Same for Nikita.

However, you're right. There are other CMs. And each one of us has his own tasks. If you want to draw some other CMs attention, just contact them in PM. For Stormfall we have Lord Oberon. He can also listen to your feedback and pass it to devs.
Dec 7, 2016, 12:0812/07/16
Dec 7, 2016, 12:08(edited)

Stormfall said:

Devs are aware of your problems. But I can only pass feedback if players explain what they don't like and why. Simple "the game is broken" isn't the feedback we're looking for.

However, if we're talking about the new features, I pass feedback in the following form:

% negative comments, % positive/neutral comments.

Players didn't like the following:

1)

2)

3)

because.....

Players like the following:

1)

2)

3)

Players suggest:

1)

2)

3)

you can not expect that i or oher players will develop an entire feature (not approved all)

it's your job, we should play and have fun /realx

"in the worst feedback"  is always a feedback, you have understand and to make it in "Constructive feedback"

as in real life, bad or good experiences are always experiences, what is a person? is his  experience and what / how  the perceived (comprehension -sentiments-consciousness-temptations)

feedback is all but must be understood, often speaks of features that you do not know, why you need just tons of details to understand?

logical consequences

always trying to help but only perceived as whining 

I'm a person, other players i think and hope they too. Plarium and his agents are too distant and seems to have to beg for mercy to a  executioner greedy and hungry

Dec 7, 2016, 12:5712/07/16
Dec 7, 2016, 13:02(edited)

djmoody said:

No. There are no resets or edits of the points earned by Players while raiding BGs. 

Yeah right - because you have never made an update that has opened up unintended bugs in unrelated areas....... (we are still living with league strike stats that don't work at least 1yrs after that got broken several times by unrelated updates). 

I have all the proof I need - a expertly maintained player log that stands at 180m loss and has now been that way for several weeks. Let's face it , that player is never getting their troops back.

If you are so convinced he is then, you tell me how long it's going to take. If we can put a deadline on it after which you agree to acknowledge the problem and re-imburse them, then I will be happy.

If you refuse to address the situation then I can think nothing more of Plarium than it intentionally defrauds it customers and hides behind "hidden mechanics" to do it (not that they are that hidden to us and this log speaks for itself tbh)

lord dj 

as far as im concerned the BG are paying 

http://prntscr.com/dgftrf

note that the player you are talking about may have an issue indeed or 

simply did a mistake 

if it is the first it is only support team who can answer for that 

if it is second then you better recheck maybe ( if possible )

what im trying to say is : i have received a payout which confirms that even if there is an issue it is not affecting everyone so let the player contact support 

if he already did and did receive an answer that there are no issues then i will have to consider all posts from this point as false information and will act on such basis :)))

hope you understand 

Dec 7, 2016, 13:0412/07/16
Dec 7, 2016, 13:04(edited)
05/03/15
Intersting read
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.