This topic is closed

A NOT wanted "event" again "BEACON MASSACRE"

53 Replies
djmoody
1 December, 2016, 11:45 AM UTC

Plarium logic is this:

- launch new event

- event increases activity a bit so deemed a success

By that logic all events will be judged successful because you would have to go some for even the worst even in the history of events to actually create negative activity. 

Event can be the most flawed, timezone biased, 5 seconds of activity event such as flag torni, that all can see is utterly broken, but because there was rewards and therefore ppl play it for 5 seconds the stats say increased activity and therefore success.

They are clueless.

Real management would realise that there is an opportunity cost to their effort, the other things they didn't do because they were focused on this, the lost opportunity to limited dev time.

Despite the entire player base telling them they don't want the event it doesn't trig with them that they could be running a better event with their time (and therefore making more money).

Seemingly as long as activity goes up by at least "1" due to the event they will defend it as a shining success.

The fact they finally completely lost the players base's final trust and what little confidence ppl had left seems to have passed them by completely.

They really couldn't fail any harder. 

I continually wish I could have an open conversation with management to explain how badly they are getting things wrong. It would only take one conversation to expose them to the massive faults they have but there is no way to open a dialogue with anyone sensible.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Techway_GrandMarshal
1 December, 2016, 7:25 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Plarium logic is this:

- launch new event

- event increases activity a bit so deemed a success

By that logic all events will be judged successful because you would have to go some for even the worst even in the history of events to actually create negative activity. 

Event can be the most flawed, timezone biased, 5 seconds of activity event such as flag torni, that all can see is utterly broken, but because there was rewards and therefore ppl play it for 5 seconds the stats say increased activity and therefore success.

They are clueless.

Real management would realise that there is an opportunity cost to their effort, the other things they didn't do because they were focused on this, the lost opportunity to limited dev time.

Despite the entire player base telling them they don't want the event it doesn't trig with them that they could be running a better event with their time (and therefore making more money).

Seemingly as long as activity goes up by at least "1" due to the event they will defend it as a shining success.

The fact they finally completely lost the players base's final trust and what little confidence ppl had left seems to have passed them by completely.

They really couldn't fail any harder. 

I continually wish I could have an open conversation with management to explain how badly they are getting things wrong. It would only take one conversation to expose them to the massive faults they have but there is no way to open a dialogue with anyone sensible.

The thing that I dont get is why does everything have to be so secretive.

Why cant that developers work with the community on designing different events. 

It would not hurt to go back and forth getting feed back when developing something before launching it.

So many simple fixes you could have done to fix settlements,hamlets,BG and make them so much more fun for everyone. But instead there ignored and focus put on something new and secretive that we will all just end up complaining about cause the developers dont really take our feed back. the feed back has to be positive or they cant hear it.. well that doesnt work in the real world. so you keep doing the same actions and you will just keep getting the same results.

nobody
1 December, 2016, 7:52 PM UTC
or as Einstein would call it..........insanity.
Lady Nerium KT-S2
1 December, 2016, 8:27 PM UTC
Did everyone notice that the Beacon Massacre is 24 hours this time instead of 12 hours? Since so many objected to it the first time, they decided to double the time it lasts. Great logic there.
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Reaper
1 December, 2016, 8:30 PM UTC

12h more to earn money...

12h more where all started to play it, cos they saw revive 95%, now they must wait 12h longer to revive their troops.
UTC +1:00
Jezebel
1 December, 2016, 8:37 PM UTC
the day Emps starts to hold beacons is the day that I will start to participate otherwise its a waste of time, effort, troops and resources for me
nobody
1 December, 2016, 8:44 PM UTC

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Did everyone notice that the Beacon Massacre is 24 hours this time instead of 12 hours? Since so many objected to it the first time, they decided to double the time it lasts. Great logic there.

there is no win on that, if it is 12 hrs, then those who want to participate might not get a chance to because they only have one or two hour window.  and real life must trump a game, even during massacre.  i have gone 24 hrs around the clock on other games for an event.  but not everyone can or should do that.  not everyone should set an alarm clock for 3 AM.

there is a strong case for massacre not to exist, but if it does it needs to be as fair as possible for all those who wish to participate.
brunsonthomas
1 December, 2016, 8:44 PM UTC
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Yes the event is running longer because some players complained the 12 hours was too short for them compete during their non-work hours. 
UTC +5:00
IronApex Turok
1 December, 2016, 9:05 PM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Yes the event is running longer because some players complained the 12 hours was too short for them compete during their non-work hours. 
i thought you had no insight into what the devs did?
Techway_GrandMarshal
1 December, 2016, 9:22 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Really someone complained the event was too short? Does this person actually play this game? is it a real person or the CFO (Chief financial officer) of plarium?

I'm trying to find the post where they complained it's too short but all i can seem to find is complaints that this event is actually happening.

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
2 December, 2016, 10:50 AM UTC
Techway_GrandMarshal said:

brunsonthomas said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Really someone complained the event was too short? Does this person actually play this game? is it a real person or the CFO (Chief financial officer) of plarium?

I'm trying to find the post where they complained it's too short but all i can seem to find is complaints that this event is actually happening.

We're launching this event not only in Stormfall. First it was launched on Total Domination, where players asked us to make it last for at least 24 hours, because not all time zones were able to participate. So our developers have made a decision to launch a Massacre for 24 Hours this time.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
djmoody
2 December, 2016, 8:15 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Isn't that amazing.

Entire forum of feedback representing the majority of the player base suggests not running the event. Plarium action feedback from one person over and above everyone else's feedback.

Sickening :(

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
seeker
2 December, 2016, 9:55 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

doh ..a couple of money players complain its not long enough they extend it .lol 10x that amount complain its a waste of time but that goes unheard .. rofl

IronApex Turok
18 December, 2016, 7:45 PM UTC

bump.

making sure Eugenia knows just how hated this event is
1723730 users registered; 43039 topics; 270814 posts; our newest member:eddyy88