Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 29, 2016, 12:2411/29/16
08/03/14

exxxe said:

i refuse to let 3-4 threads exist when they all discuss the SAME thing 

do you have access on who bans and who does not 

so many threads.......

and yet plarium still doesnt hear  the customer.

apparently there arent enough threads.

please stop deleting things.  our outrage at this needs to be apparent. 
Nov 29, 2016, 12:2711/29/16

djmoody said:

Sorry but Plarium appoint moderators without a decent system for appointing or vetting them. 

Just as an example, we quite often get moderators who are new to the forum, how that can be sensible? They don't keep a record of people who have applied as moderators but rather simply deal with the last people who have apply at the time they decide they need a new mod. It's the usual unprofessional and lack of effort approach we have come to expect. It has led to wholly inappropriate moderation.

Right now this thread is closed:

http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/32349_unit-revival-and-battleground-bank

It's clearly a unique thread. It clearly wasn't even read b4 closure, just saw a BG thread and assumed it was highlighting the same non-payout issue from other theads and closed it - it wasn't.

On a recent thread a moderator edited posts quoting a rule which is about sharing private conversations with Plarium, misapplied it to posting ingame convos (despite the Plarium approved Chronicles doing exactly the same thing). Then got sarcastic in their responses when questioned despite actually being in the wrong.

The whole point of deleting duplicate threads is utterly pointless in a forum as quiet as this one. It only makes sense in super active ones where the volume of posting is high to keep the number of threads to a manageable level for users to read. If anything here it's in Plarium's interest to actually show an exaggerated level of activity to the games.

Tbh if I was a moderator I would stay well out of the current outpouring of dissatisfaction with Plarium. If they want to censor the forum to hide the problems, so be it. While morally dubious it is their forum after all, so they can do what they like ultimately. I certainly wouldn't do their dirty work for them though - if they want to hide and bury criticism let them do it themselves.

I doubt any of this subtle will be understood as the mod response will be "just enforcing the rules" - doh!. But like all rules or laws you actually have the power of how they are applied (e.g. like most police forces don't enforce possession of cannabis laws any more and only make arrests for dealing level quantities).

i read the thread and it clearly asks whether revived troops bank normally how is that unique that you can not ask it in 

1) banking BG in game tutorial

2) two threads about mysteries and payout in discussion thread also 

3) the thread where biohazard clearly stated the values for banking even the eldritch and imperial units 

and all of that and im not mentioning the long ago threads because i know players probably wont look beyond page one and because the search function is bad 

convince me it is unique and i will admit and re open it 

Nov 29, 2016, 12:2811/29/16
08/03/14

exxxe said:

i read the thread and it clearly asks whether revived troops bank normally how is that unique that you can not ask it in 

3) the thread where biohazard clearly stated the values for banking even the eldritch and imperial units 

and all of that and im not mentioning the long ago threads because i know players probably wont look beyond page one and because the search function is bad 

that would be a relevant point..........

if the search feature worked. 
Nov 29, 2016, 17:5411/29/16
07/04/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, guys!

First of all I'd like to assure you that your feedback was carefully gathered and passed to our game developers. With all points you've mentioned that you didn't like in the Tournament or wanted to change. So your feedback wasn't unnoticed.

However, as I mentioned somewhere already, when our developers make any decisions, they take into account not only the feedback we pass from the community, but also the analytics data that show player activity during the event.

I cannot give you the exact numbers as I don't have them, but according to the information I have, during the Massacre there were a lot more battles on Beacons than during any other Tournament. 

what rubbish ..palarium will never listen to any feedback unless its gives them another money avenue to explore ..100,s of members have complained in several areas of game play ..palarium answer is continue to extort any money member they can and any way they can ..u would have to be blind not to see that ...then u moderators delete any post that u feel is ..inappropiate ..lol what a joke .

Nov 29, 2016, 18:0011/29/16
03/22/16
Tastiger said:

Hi, guys!

First of all I'd like to assure you that your feedback was carefully gathered and passed to our game developers. With all points you've mentioned that you didn't like in the Tournament or wanted to change. So your feedback wasn't unnoticed.

However, as I mentioned somewhere already, when our developers make any decisions, they take into account not only the feedback we pass from the community, but also the analytics data that show player activity during the event.

I cannot give you the exact numbers as I don't have them, but according to the information I have, during the Massacre there were a lot more battles on Beacons than during any other Tournament. 

what rubbish ..palarium will never listen to any feedback unless its gives them another money avenue to explore ..100,s of members have complained in several areas of game play ..palarium answer is continue to extort any money member they can and any way they can ..u would have to be blind not to see that ...then u moderators delete any post that u feel is ..inappropiate ..lol what a joke .

Unfortunately, I agree with Exxe currently there are three open threads about Beacon Massacre. All say the same thing. Plarium saw more activity in 1 Beacon in 1 event than normal for over a month in the normal game. Therefore more money, continue the event and more often.
Nov 29, 2016, 20:4111/29/16
Nov 29, 2016, 20:44(edited)

exxxe said:

it is a unique question that a player earnestly wanted to make sure they understood.  in the other threads that have 100's of posts, this unique question gets mowed over by the outcries of the status quo rants, as well as two players trading shots at each other.  sometimes a unique post gets lost within minutes or even seconds because of these things.

the closed thread is a blank canvas specifically to that unique question.  that does not mean that the op's question will be the only thing discussed in the thread, some threads lead to off topic direction.  since the emergent structure can go in many directions,  that means that many more ideas of understanding can be created.  this makes having more threads on the same topic advantageous.  understanding could come from an emergent direction that may not happen in another thread.

and as djmoody stated:  with the volume of topics discussed, the need to eliminate multiple threads is not quite as urgent as it might be stated.

unique would simply be, that no one else asked for those specifics before.  that would make it unique, sparking a new set of dialogue missing from the other banking questions rehashed and regurgitated over and over.

i am not interested in convincing you.  but maybe this post will bring some understanding on how multiple threads can be advantageous.
Nov 29, 2016, 20:4911/29/16
06/13/14

I see that this post was successfully derailed by one of the mods.

How about we keep it in line with it's title.
Nov 29, 2016, 20:5111/29/16
zapelo said:

I see that this post was successfully derailed by one of the mods.

How about we keep it in line with it's title.
case in point
Nov 30, 2016, 02:4111/30/16
05/22/15
If...If...the Massacre tournament was so wildly spectacular and popular....why only show the top 5
Nov 30, 2016, 07:1111/30/16
Nov 30, 2016, 07:16(edited)
12/18/14

hopper said:

If...If...the Massacre tournament was so wildly spectacular and popular....why only show the top 5

It wasn't wildly popular it was forced participation by any league that held a beacon

http://prntscr.com/ddicb2  as stated in the chronicle there was a fierce battle, not really when one of those leagues in question DOES NOT and WILL NOT hold beacons due to fear of retaliation

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 30, 2016, 10:2511/30/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:
Our forum devs are working on it already 
Nov 30, 2016, 11:5911/30/16
06/13/14

IronApex Turok said:

Do your "devs" bother to test the code they spit out.

It seems to me that they do not....

Or it is possible they test only the coining "payment" parts..... 

BUT LIKE I SAID BACK TO THE TOPIC

We clearly do not want this "event" with absolutely no rewards.

What you do? .... run the "event" again .... hell keep it open all the time
Nov 30, 2016, 18:3411/30/16
03/02/14

IronApex Turok said:

they been working hard on it for over a year i guess. hope they figure it out soon
Nov 30, 2016, 21:3011/30/16
06/26/15
brunsonthomas said:

Tastiger said:

Hi, guys!

Unfortunately, I agree with Exxe currently there are three open threads about Beacon Massacre. All say the same thing. Plarium saw more activity in 1 Beacon in 1 event than normal for over a month in the normal game. Therefore more money, continue the event and more often.
Instead of closing them, is there a way to merge them? If not, how about putting the link in the final post of you closing a given thread to the active one? One of the reasons, IMHO, there are so many is that if a search is conducted looking for something it brings all the plarium games into the results, not just the game the searcher is interested in.
Dec 1, 2016, 07:5712/01/16
03/08/15
lol there is a difference between players taking advantage of the event and liking the event. Just because someone thinks it is stupid and unfair of an event doesn't mean they will just sit by and watch others take advantage of it against them. Increased beacon activity is not a valid excuse and it certainly does not increase Plariums revenue. Because most likely those offensive actions would have taken place anyways and all the event does is make them happen right at that moment and not at a later date. Instead players are getting their offensive action done *and* getting 90% of their troops back. I personally very much like the event but can see very well how come it is very unfair for regular players. If Plarium thought with their purses they would ditch the event and make players pay full price for offensive action, we will only see how things go :)
Dec 1, 2016, 19:2512/01/16
03/02/14

djmoody said:

Plarium logic is this:

- launch new event

- event increases activity a bit so deemed a success

By that logic all events will be judged successful because you would have to go some for even the worst even in the history of events to actually create negative activity. 

Event can be the most flawed, timezone biased, 5 seconds of activity event such as flag torni, that all can see is utterly broken, but because there was rewards and therefore ppl play it for 5 seconds the stats say increased activity and therefore success.

They are clueless.

Real management would realise that there is an opportunity cost to their effort, the other things they didn't do because they were focused on this, the lost opportunity to limited dev time.

Despite the entire player base telling them they don't want the event it doesn't trig with them that they could be running a better event with their time (and therefore making more money).

Seemingly as long as activity goes up by at least "1" due to the event they will defend it as a shining success.

The fact they finally completely lost the players base's final trust and what little confidence ppl had left seems to have passed them by completely.

They really couldn't fail any harder. 

I continually wish I could have an open conversation with management to explain how badly they are getting things wrong. It would only take one conversation to expose them to the massive faults they have but there is no way to open a dialogue with anyone sensible.

The thing that I dont get is why does everything have to be so secretive.

Why cant that developers work with the community on designing different events. 

It would not hurt to go back and forth getting feed back when developing something before launching it.

So many simple fixes you could have done to fix settlements,hamlets,BG and make them so much more fun for everyone. But instead there ignored and focus put on something new and secretive that we will all just end up complaining about cause the developers dont really take our feed back. the feed back has to be positive or they cant hear it.. well that doesnt work in the real world. so you keep doing the same actions and you will just keep getting the same results.

Dec 1, 2016, 19:5212/01/16
or as Einstein would call it..........insanity.
Dec 1, 2016, 20:2712/01/16
08/20/15
Did everyone notice that the Beacon Massacre is 24 hours this time instead of 12 hours? Since so many objected to it the first time, they decided to double the time it lasts. Great logic there.
Dec 1, 2016, 20:3012/01/16

12h more to earn money...

12h more where all started to play it, cos they saw revive 95%, now they must wait 12h longer to revive their troops.
Dec 1, 2016, 20:3712/01/16
12/18/14
the day Emps starts to hold beacons is the day that I will start to participate otherwise its a waste of time, effort, troops and resources for me
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.