All Categories

Petition to stop Beacon Massacre tournament

Petition to stop Beacon Massacre tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 15, 2016, 22:2211/15/16
09/20/14

This event has the potential to break the game for everyone.

Many see our league as a destructive force, but even for a villain there is no point in destroying the world. After all, that's were all the best slaughter takes place.

Die blutige Horde will not start the fire...

Nov 15, 2016, 22:3111/15/16
07/08/15
I do not like this at all and We will not be participating. Just more money hungry plarium crap :(
Nov 16, 2016, 02:0511/16/16
08/03/14
can you unlock the truce thread so we can keep track?
Nov 16, 2016, 04:3311/16/16
10/07/16

All these games end the same way.  Either we pay up or leave.

It is a business.

It costs money to run.

We are the moneytree.

Nov 16, 2016, 04:3411/16/16
Nov 16, 2016, 04:36(edited)
08/03/15

In my opinion, this tournament could be fun. It gives newer leagues who have always been worried about trying to obtain a beacon a chance to test it out knowing that losses will be minimal. It will also help to weed out inactive players defense from holding beacons. 

My only suggestion would be a timer extension on any hits made. If someone attacks a beacon with only 60 seconds left in tourney, the timer should be extended for both of those leagues for a set amount of time e.g. 30 minutes. If another attack occurs, it would be extended again. This would help get rid of the fear most people are facing about this tournament.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:1411/16/16
12/25/14

my league also supports this petiton and will not be participating 

this tourney has to potential to create a mass exodus from the game and run most of the non coiners out of the game if there is massive damage
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 16, 2016, 10:4111/16/16
09/17/15
Sifr said:

What if I tell you there are players who are just gonna harass beacons without any intention to hold it?  Does your vision catch a glimpse of that? 

Good point. But if they don't hold those Beacons, someone else will recapture them and put some Defense in.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 16, 2016, 10:4711/16/16
09/17/15

djmoody said:

Seriously - the volume and complete unanimous nature of the feedback isn't overwhelming enough for you. You want to force us all to provide the feedback all over again. Yes sir Plarium - we'll jump through hoops for you like performing dogs. 

I can't pass the feedback as it is - 'We don't like it, don't launch it'. Sorry, but it's true. Our devs ask for constructive feedback from players. That's why I ask players to share their thoughts after the Tournament, when you all will get more information about it, and probably participate in it. 

To make some improvements our devs need to know what exactly you don't like, and which parts of the Tournaments you'd like them to change.

Nov 16, 2016, 11:3211/16/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I can't pass the feedback as it is - 'We don't like it, don't launch it'. Sorry, but it's true. Our devs ask for constructive feedback from players. That's why I ask players to share their thoughts after the Tournament, when you all will get more information about it, and probably participate in it. 

To make some improvements our devs need to know what exactly you don't like, and which parts of the Tournaments you'd like them to change.

Well the trouble is Alyona, that if we say one thing you guys do exactly the opposite. If we say no, you'll still do it, if we say yes you'll stop it. That is the problem most times here. You just don't listen. And that you'll need only the feedback afterwards is just nonsens.

Start listening to the players and maybe you can keep this game a bit longer as a cashcow.
Nov 16, 2016, 13:1811/16/16
09/11/15
mmm NO
Nov 16, 2016, 13:4611/16/16
11/04/15

scarlet said:

In my opinion, this tournament could be fun. It gives newer leagues who have always been worried about trying to obtain a beacon a chance to test it out knowing that losses will be minimal. It will also help to weed out inactive players defense from holding beacons. 

My only suggestion would be a timer extension on any hits made. If someone attacks a beacon with only 60 seconds left in tourney, the timer should be extended for both of those leagues for a set amount of time e.g. 30 minutes. If another attack occurs, it would be extended again. This would help get rid of the fear most people are facing about this tournament.

Sorry but your logic is flawed

Newer leagues would never be able to hold a beacon even if they were capable of capturing one, and extending the timer would actually make it worse for them.

If you have played other plarium games like Total Domination then you would see the devastation on their beacon maps.
They have decided to abandon any attempt to hold beacons. Beacons have no value except as pvp targets.

Plarium have turned Beacons into giant Hamlets

Nov 16, 2016, 13:4711/16/16
08/03/14

djmoody said:

Seriously - the volume and complete unanimous nature of the feedback isn't overwhelming enough for you. You want to force us all to provide the feedback all over again. Yes sir Plarium - we'll jump through hoops for you like performing dogs. 

we dont want an event that upsets 4-5 years of hard work. Everything the players have struggled to achieve gets destroyed in 12 hours of an event with no rewards. 

there should be some SERIOUS sapphires involved here for losing a beacon. and i dont mean a couple thousand.  how many sapphires is 5 years worth of work valued at?
Nov 16, 2016, 14:4411/16/16
01/26/15
This madness has to stop. Plarium can not put two pieces of code together without breaking another one. We have problems with the letter and reports systems that should have been fixed months ago. Instead they come out with this madness. Based on what I see so far, only a very small number of leagues are even participating. This could very well be the downfall of Stormfall. I have already had two players leave. How much more of this garbage must we endure?
Nov 16, 2016, 14:5111/16/16
06/13/14

djmoody said:

Be honest at least once. It is not your dev team but your sales team.

I do not see how could a developer with self respect come up with an idea this stupid.

Nov 16, 2016, 15:2011/16/16
01/26/15
Will someone get a moderator to take a look at Regional Chat on Dark Plains? We are 3+ hours into this debacle and only 2 or 3 leagues are participating. Nothing but a big beacon Pong if you ask me.
Nov 16, 2016, 17:4111/16/16
12/03/15
Who's stupid idea was this ? pffffftt shove it up your hoop plarium
Nov 16, 2016, 22:1411/16/16
07/07/16

For what it's worth, Plarium is running the same tourney in Sparta: War of Empires. (Beacons=Pantheons). It is getting the same cold reception. 

Only in SWOE there are federations of coalitions (uber leagues?) that can coordinate a message quicker. So the leaders of a group of teams, get together, decide on a boycott, and which then mean thousands of accounts then decide on the same boycott. In this massacre boycott for example, one of the 3 largest coalition federations (IFS) decided on a boycott, meaning at least 25 coalitions boycotted it. I don't see any action from the Terminators' federation (another top 3 federation coalition). The 4th largest coalition federation (HBG) didn't outright boycott, but said it was dumb, so their coalitions aren't participating in any meaningful way. A handful from the 5th largest coalition federation (UFC) are participating. The other big 3 (NWO) only seems to have their parent coalition participating and kind of lackluster, similar to the parent of the 6th largest (LOP) coalition federation. 

So it's been kind of a dud. Maybe the prediction of a last minute flurry will come true in Sparta, but like with most things in life, people are averse to change.

They don't know what they could gain,

but they know what they could lose.

So they do nothing

Nov 16, 2016, 23:4811/16/16
08/03/14

looks like everyone on S2 boycotted the event. 

die Unbeugsamen and Dragon thieves went back and forth the last 2 hours over 1 beacon. but thats about it. 
Nov 17, 2016, 00:1511/17/16
03/20/14
My total losses was 4 silent ones but i was only allowed to revive 1 for free, thats not 90%
Nov 17, 2016, 00:3911/17/16
Nov 17, 2016, 00:40(edited)
12/13/14

No profit for plarium

Let's hope they go back to the drawing board

I lost one griffin on S2 and revived for free, lost nothing on S1

.... and the Facebook servers crashed for the final 15 minutes, so not much there either :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.