This topic is closed

credit card info breach?!?!

7 Replies
IronApex Turok
26 September, 2016, 8:17 PM UTC

so....just like the beacon rumors.....

now there is a rumor that plariums security was breached and our CC info is at risk. 

my first thought, is to quell this rumor because Plarium uses 3rd party billing for in game purchases. 

on the other hand.......

there is a maintenance coming up and leaked rumors around here tend to be true. 

Alyona, care to address this?
UTC +0:00
exxxe
27 September, 2016, 8:13 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

so....just like the beacon rumors.....

now there is a rumor that plariums security was breached and our CC info is at risk. 

my first thought, is to quell this rumor because Plarium uses 3rd party billing for in game purchases. 

on the other hand.......

there is a maintenance coming up and leaked rumors around here tend to be true. 

Alyona, care to address this?

my lord

there is no reason or evidence to believe this rumor it is just a hoax there is no breach 

I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
Oracle
27 September, 2016, 9:23 AM UTC
Its highly impossible for that to happen, But It can happen only IF, someone with access to high administrative power actually leaked the info. Like it happens with moderators leaking info on beacon spawn. 
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 September, 2016, 11:47 AM UTC
There's  no breach. I don't know who's spreading such rumors, but he is spreading false information.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
IronApex Turok
27 September, 2016, 9:12 PM UTC

http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/29487_credit-card-transaction

i wonder if this is where it started....

or if this is evidence that its true. 

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
28 September, 2016, 6:34 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/29487_credit-card-transaction

i wonder if this is where it started....

or if this is evidence that its true. 

It's just a single case which was addressed to our Support Team. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
djmoody
28 September, 2016, 5:49 PM UTC

oracle said:

Its highly impossible for that to happen, But It can happen only IF, someone with access to high administrative power actually leaked the info. Like it happens with moderators leaking info on beacon spawn. 

So hacking of major multi-nationals doesn't happen?

Do you read newspapers? Heard of Yahoo by any chance, might have been in the news a little bit this week!!!!

So no it's not impossible. And absolutely no - hacking doesn't require someone with high admin power to leak info.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 September, 2016, 8:47 AM UTC
djmoody said:

So hacking of major multi-nationals doesn't happen?

Do you read newspapers? Heard of Yahoo by any chance, might have been in the news a little bit this week!!!!

So no it's not impossible. And absolutely no - hacking doesn't require someone with high admin power to leak info.
No hacking happened here. Case closed. 
1778244 users registered; 48093 topics; 286228 posts; our newest member:ljubi