wow, i really do not know this game!

wow, i really do not know this game!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 2, 2016, 13:5608/02/16
09/17/15

I've edited my comment to make it less confusing and more accurate. There's no penalty for being a defender. Actually you do get points for your lost Units. it's a kind of compensation for your losses. But also you get points for your rival's losses.

Yeah, my bad 
Aug 2, 2016, 15:1208/02/16
Aug 2, 2016, 15:14(edited)

johanrayne said:

thank you alyona for responding, here are 2 hypothesis that i came up with based on what i have read in the forums. can you state which is most accurate? this is taken from my previous post speaking with djmoody.

"now in the actual factual manifestation of what happened the defender got 21 points without killing any troops.  are you stating that the points were redistributed from the offense's points. as part of the shared points you talked about. that on one end of the rainbow defense shares offense points for getting wiped out.  and that on the other end of the rainbow a defense gets no points for wiping out an attacker.  and that the mystical esoteric formula evens out at the 1/1 kdr point?

if not, then the points would have to come from the defense's losses.  i know most people don't believe that to be the case.

but a hypothetical based on assumption from the various things i have read and experienced, this is just a hypothetical for hypothetical's sake: could the mystical magical formula be that defense gets points for losing troops and offense gets points for destroying troops.  then as a second calculation the troops destroyed by the defense have a value and the troops lost by the attacker have a value. {yes they are the same troops, however, possibly separate values added together and then split between the 2 sides.

these are just ideas based on assumption."

and will the falsification accusation be expunged from my record?

Aug 2, 2016, 15:2008/02/16
08/05/14
johanrayne said:

johanrayne said:

thank you alyona for responding, here are 2 hypothesis that i came up with based on what i have read in the forums. can you state which is most accurate? this is taken from my previous post speaking with djmoody.

"now in the actual factual manifestation of what happened the defender got 21 points without killing any troops.  are you stating that the points were redistributed from the offense's points. as part of the shared points you talked about. that on one end of the rainbow defense shares offense points for getting wiped out.  and that on the other end of the rainbow a defense gets no points for wiping out an attacker.  and that the mystical esoteric formula evens out at the 1/1 kdr point?

if not, then the points would have to come from the defense's losses.  i know most people don't believe that to be the case.

but a hypothetical based on assumption from the various things i have read and experienced, this is just a hypothetical for hypothetical's sake: could the mystical magical formula be that defense gets points for losing troops and offense gets points for destroying troops.  then as a second calculation the troops destroyed by the defense have a value and the troops lost by the attacker have a value. {yes they are the same troops, however, possibly separate values added together and then split between the 2 sides.

I hear "airplane noises" in your near future.  Open wide.  ;-)
Aug 3, 2016, 11:5508/03/16
09/17/15
johanrayne said:

Unfortunately, I am unable to share battle mechanics or calculations, but I can share my guesses. If the defender didn't kill any Offense, but had some losses in the battle, he will get points for his lost troops. Less than he would get for the killed Offense though.
Aug 3, 2016, 15:4808/03/16
Aug 3, 2016, 16:19(edited)

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

johanrayne said:

Unfortunately, I am unable to share battle mechanics or calculations, but I can share my guesses. If the defender didn't kill any Offense, but had some losses in the battle, he will get points for his lost troops. Less than he would get for the killed Offense though.
now see, that is part of the point of my first point:
play our game.
ok, how do i play?
don't worry about it.
but i want to play the best way i can.
don't worry about it, just play!
ok, sounds good to me.
i know that game companies state that they we be giving out their super secret esoteric advantage by answering simple questions. but you yourself have shown a page from oberon supposedly showing a secret esoteric formula.  and yet i can't get a simple answer as to which of the two methods is closer to being accurate.
seems odd to me that that simple answer has to be protected more than the esoteric formulas.
i suppose you are not authorized to answer my other 2 questions i had for djmoody either.
thanks for responding anyhow, as i stated in my first post, i am simply done

Aug 4, 2016, 07:5808/04/16
09/17/15
djmoody said:

I am glad I pointed out how wrong the info was, even though the groundswell of opinion on the threads was telling me I must be wrong because "Plarium said so".
I'm also glad you did it. 
Aug 4, 2016, 17:5308/04/16
Aug 4, 2016, 18:28(edited)

djmoody said:

I am glad I pointed out how wrong the info was, even though the groundswell of opinion on the threads was telling me I must be wrong because "Plarium said so".
I'm also glad you did it. 
lol, ok this is my last post.  you just agreed with djmoody, when to the best of my deciphering the two of you disagree on the mechanic. and i still do not know which one of you is more correct.  or if both of you are.  which of my two scenarios is closer to agreeing with both of you. 
i spent my 5 days in the forums. now my experience is complete.
done

Aug 5, 2016, 13:0108/05/16
01/12/15
IMO that's a good thing for alyona admitting her mistake. And unless I misunderstood something alyona is basically saying djmoody is correct.
Aug 8, 2016, 09:1308/08/16
09/17/15
Sifr said:

IMO that's a good thing for alyona admitting her mistake. And unless I misunderstood something alyona is basically saying djmoody is correct.
Yes, he is correct 
Aug 8, 2016, 22:5308/08/16
03/22/16

Sifr said:

Yes, he is correct 
I am closing this topic answered and reanswered.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.