All Categories

Why are we penalized for having overwhelming defensive troops?

Why are we penalized for having overwhelming defensive troops?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 31, 2016, 21:4507/31/16
Jul 31, 2016, 21:46(edited)
10/04/13

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, if you are defending yourself, you get points for your lost Units, not for the Offense killed. Moreover, our game is not about local fights, it's about epic battles. the more the battle, the more points you gain 

That's actually not true, you do get points for killing offense while defending.  However, if you lose less than a certain amount of troops in a defense battle (seems to be somewhere around 50k defense) the points you get for the battle are greatly reduced. This reduction applies only for the defender, not for the attacker.  If you are attacking with a large enough force and overwhelm the defender by enough, you can get lots of points while taking zero losses.  Say I have 200 million offense, and I find a low level player with their entire 500k defense on a hamlet.  I could hit it, destroy every one of their troops while taking zero losses myself, and get around 10k pvp. 
This is how the bullying happens, the bully is nearly always the attacker and not the defender. 

The reduced pvp for defenders actually helps bullies, because it discourages leagues from having lots of small people work together to defend against the big coiners.