Why are we penalized for having overwhelming defensive troops?

46 Replies
toggit
16 June, 2016, 12:37 PM UTC

Spot the difference

Attacker - http://prntscr.com/bh2xbl

Defender - http://prntscr.com/bh2dxq

2 (virtually) identical armies clash at a neutral castle and the defender is victorious - Hooray!!

... but defender loses 56% and only gets 301 tournament points

The attacker is defeated, but only loses 50% and is given 315 tournament points

It seems to me that victory and defeat have no meaning in this game because the attacker will always win.
He will always lose fewer units but will gain more points, even when the 2 armies have the same overall strength.
This shows a blatant game bias - defender always loses an extra 6% and gets fewer points.

Defensive strength - http://prntscr.com/bh1kls
26980/19x20 = 28400 infantry defense

Offensive strength - http://prntscr.com/bh1jip

Please try to prove me wrong - but show screenshots and calculations

UTC +0:00
IronApex Turok
16 June, 2016, 6:52 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I'm not sure why you're being so unkind in your posts, Drogar61. The post you're referring to is in Game Discussion thread: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/calculate-the-outcome-of-a-battle-/. Nobody has removed it. 

And by the way, please check our Forum Rules. 

3. By joining our Community, users agree NOT to: 

3.15 Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads, etc. 

This is my first warning on this matter.

WOW!!!!  thats bad when you have to make rule that players arent allowed to complain about you!!!!!
Gadheras
16 June, 2016, 7:11 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

I'm not sure why you're being so unkind in your posts, Drogar61. The post you're referring to is in Game Discussion thread: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/calculate-the-outcome-of-a-battle-/. Nobody has removed it. 

3.15 Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads, etc. 

WOW!!!!  thats bad when you have to make rule that players arent allowed to complain about you!!!!!

Makes me ponder, who do we complain about forum mods to? Oberon?

UTC +2:00
Drogar61
16 June, 2016, 9:39 PM UTC

When I make mistake I apologize. So, I apologize for my reaction.

Just a little explanation, I couldn't find it, your search couldn't find it. I'm glad that you found it, that was goal.

About your rule. If you implement your rule in all you could close forum because 90% posts on your posts exactly break that rule.

And, if you do that, many public forums, not under your control, will get that posts. I'm happy hear, and everything else is up to you.

Do you have some rule about punishment Plarium representatives for ignorance, lies and arrogance? Maybe the players should need them one day.

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
17 June, 2016, 7:58 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Makes me ponder, who do we complain about forum mods to? Oberon?

Please check our Forum Rules, you'll find all the answers there.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
17 June, 2016, 8:01 AM UTC

Drogar61 said:

When I make mistake I apologize. So, I apologize for my reaction.

Just a little explanation, I couldn't find it, your search couldn't find it. I'm glad that you found it, that was goal.

Our Search option is not perfect. I've already contacted our Forum developers and asked them for some improvements. They will redesign Search feature in future Forum updates, but this task doesn't have a high priority now.

As for the rest, please read our Rules, and if you have any issues with administrators or moderators on Forum, forward them through the appropriate channel. You'll find the link in the Rules. I assume this topic to be closed.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Nemanja
17 June, 2016, 8:58 AM UTC

Lord Gadheras,

discussion against Community manager is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. Furthermore, you've used "bad language" again despite issued warning. Therefore, you're temporarily banned during next seven days.

Nemanja
UTC +1:00
Aaron KT3
17 June, 2016, 3:03 PM UTC

Tony Hobson said:

... so why don't we all hide in the catacombs for a month and watch this biased game collapse?

One of the best ways of showing Plarium that we are sick of their phony concerns for us players.
Aaron
IronApex Turok
17 June, 2016, 8:34 PM UTC

Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

discussion against Community manager is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. Furthermore, you've used "bad language" again despite issued warning. Therefore, you're temporarily banned during next seven days.

you guys are having to defend yourselves an awful lot. the resentment towards plarium is growing and i think it has a lot to do with the community managers attitudes.

the fact that there is a rule against complaining is a HUGE sign.   

like Drogar said, if you banned everyone who complained you moderators would be all alone here. this forum has turned into nothing but complaining about the mistakes of plarium (and with good reason).

nothing makes sense in the game anymore. 
Vladimir Stojanovic
17 June, 2016, 9:09 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

And you continue to play. Where is the logic in that, if it makes no sense?  

Snowgoon
17 June, 2016, 10:09 PM UTC

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

IronApex Turok said:

Vlad, your comment is a perfect example of how NOT to answer such a post - I know that you understand our frustration and most of us  understand your's too, so please do not patronise

This might answer your question - "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"

There is still a (very small) possibility that plarium will sack their accountants, replace the current managers and concentrate on producing an enjoyable game

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
Aaron KT3
17 June, 2016, 11:23 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

I see it's perfectly OK to argue with, question a post, and insult a player......if you are a moderator*......

* "Rule" 3.15 doesn't apply.

Aaron
ion
18 June, 2016, 2:57 AM UTC
Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

this will be my last comment here, i dont want to break some rules by mistake, anyway in my posts i tried to give my oppinion regarded this game not to be against moderators or insult them
aaa
Nemanja
18 June, 2016, 8:48 AM UTC

Lord ION,

why don't you suggest some improvements. That will help us all and it can be another step toward making Stormfall even better.
Nemanja
UTC +1:00
Vladimir Stojanovic
18 June, 2016, 8:08 PM UTC

Tony Hobson said:

Vlad, your comment is a perfect example of how NOT to answer such a post - I know that you understand our frustration and most of us  understand your's too, so please do not patronise

This might answer your question - "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"

There is still a (very small) possibility that plarium will sack their accountants, replace the current managers and concentrate on producing an enjoyable game

I understand frustrstion but I dont understand crying and constant criticism without a single suggest. Please use Suggestions and Feedback and do not start with old story they wont listen us coz they DO LISTEN.

Prometheus
20 June, 2016, 8:00 AM UTC

My lords,

Instead of fighting and arguing with irrelevant things why do not suggest your ideas of how the game can get better?

So far, I've seen that Plarium has given life to many ideas from the players of this community. Be a bit positive. With anger you will not achieve what you wish. Even if you are correct, when you place your statements under bad language and offending the people who are trying to help you and understand your concerns, you are loosing your right!

Suggest your ideas of how the game can be better there: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/

May you return Victorious from your quests!

UTC +4:00
Vladimir Stojanovic
20 June, 2016, 12:59 PM UTC
Hackerista said:

My lords,

Instead of fighting and arguing with irrelevant things why do not suggest your ideas of how the game can get better?

So far, I've seen that Plarium has given life to many ideas from the players of this community. Be a bit positive. With anger you will not achieve what you wish. Even if you are correct, when you place your statements under bad language and offending the people who are trying to help you and understand your concerns, you are loosing your right!

Suggest your ideas of how the game can be better there: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/

May you return Victorious from your quests!

Thank you Lord Hackerista
Gadheras
20 June, 2016, 1:38 PM UTC
Hackerista said:

My lords,

This whole thread was not born due to irrelevant things, it was made because in the eyes of the OP it was very revelant, for him and others. There is several constructive posts in this thread and some not so. But usually one post is enough to be a catalyst for a thread to start go downhill, and as we are not allowed to discuss certain things you just have to figure out for yourself what that is and how it started. Re-read the thread from start to finnish, and it shouldn't be to hard to spot.
IronApex Turok
21 June, 2016, 2:14 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

if i werent marshall on one server and captain on another i would have quit long ago. too many people rely on what i have built.  me quitting would scatter too many to the wind.

i will however, stop spending money.
cat in the hat
21 June, 2016, 3:30 AM UTC
the way i look at it, the more force for def or off the better. sure you dont get as many pvp points but u make your enemy suffer more losses then they probably wanted. For an example i have a guy who thinks my castle is a 7 eleven to raid for resources. One time he came for resources and got destroyed. I believe guy sent 120k off and lost all of it and i only lost 2k def.  Yes, i only got 1500 pvp points but was fun watching guy coming to kill himself.
UTC +6:00
1664475 users registered; 33918 topics; 253013 posts; our newest member:theelitebobs