All Categories

Why are we penalized for having overwhelming defensive troops?

Why are we penalized for having overwhelming defensive troops?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 17, 2016, 08:0106/17/16
Jun 17, 2016, 08:03(edited)
09/17/15

Drogar61 said:

When I make mistake I apologize. So, I apologize for my reaction.

Just a little explanation, I couldn't find it, your search couldn't find it. I'm glad that you found it, that was goal.

Our Search option is not perfect. I've already contacted our Forum developers and asked them for some improvements. They will redesign Search feature in future Forum updates, but this task doesn't have a high priority now.

As for the rest, please read our Rules, and if you have any issues with administrators or moderators on Forum, forward them through the appropriate channel. You'll find the link in the Rules. I assume this topic to be closed.
Jun 17, 2016, 08:5806/17/16

Lord Gadheras,

discussion against Community manager is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. Furthermore, you've used "bad language" again despite issued warning. Therefore, you're temporarily banned during next seven days.

Jun 17, 2016, 15:0306/17/16
Jun 17, 2016, 15:04(edited)
08/05/14

Tony Hobson said:

... so why don't we all hide in the catacombs for a month and watch this biased game collapse?

One of the best ways of showing Plarium that we are sick of their phony concerns for us players.
Jun 17, 2016, 20:3406/17/16
Jun 21, 2016, 08:01(edited)
08/03/14

Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

discussion against Community manager is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. Furthermore, you've used "bad language" again despite issued warning. Therefore, you're temporarily banned during next seven days.

you guys are having to defend yourselves an awful lot. the resentment towards plarium is growing and i think it has a lot to do with the community managers attitudes.

the fact that there is a rule against complaining is a HUGE sign.   

like Drogar said, if you banned everyone who complained you moderators would be all alone here. this forum has turned into nothing but complaining about the mistakes of plarium (and with good reason).

nothing makes sense in the game anymore. 
Jun 17, 2016, 21:0906/17/16
Jul 31, 2016, 21:30(edited)

IronApex Turok said:

And you continue to play. Where is the logic in that, if it makes no sense?  

Jun 17, 2016, 22:0906/17/16
Jun 17, 2016, 22:20(edited)
12/13/14

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

IronApex Turok said:

Vlad, your comment is a perfect example of how NOT to answer such a post - I know that you understand our frustration and most of us  understand your's too, so please do not patronise

This might answer your question - "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"

There is still a (very small) possibility that plarium will sack their accountants, replace the current managers and concentrate on producing an enjoyable game

Jun 17, 2016, 23:2306/17/16
08/05/14

IronApex Turok said:

I see it's perfectly OK to argue with, question a post, and insult a player......if you are a moderator*......

* "Rule" 3.15 doesn't apply.

Jun 18, 2016, 02:5706/18/16
02/24/15
Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

this will be my last comment here, i dont want to break some rules by mistake, anyway in my posts i tried to give my oppinion regarded this game not to be against moderators or insult them
Jun 18, 2016, 08:4806/18/16

Lord ION,

why don't you suggest some improvements. That will help us all and it can be another step toward making Stormfall even better.
Jun 18, 2016, 20:0806/18/16
Jun 18, 2016, 20:09(edited)

Tony Hobson said:

Vlad, your comment is a perfect example of how NOT to answer such a post - I know that you understand our frustration and most of us  understand your's too, so please do not patronise

This might answer your question - "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"

There is still a (very small) possibility that plarium will sack their accountants, replace the current managers and concentrate on producing an enjoyable game

I understand frustrstion but I dont understand crying and constant criticism without a single suggest. Please use Suggestions and Feedback and do not start with old story they wont listen us coz they DO LISTEN.

Jun 20, 2016, 08:0006/20/16
08/03/15

My lords,

Instead of fighting and arguing with irrelevant things why do not suggest your ideas of how the game can get better?

So far, I've seen that Plarium has given life to many ideas from the players of this community. Be a bit positive. With anger you will not achieve what you wish. Even if you are correct, when you place your statements under bad language and offending the people who are trying to help you and understand your concerns, you are loosing your right!

Suggest your ideas of how the game can be better there: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/

May you return Victorious from your quests!

Jun 20, 2016, 12:5906/20/16
Hackerista said:

My lords,

Instead of fighting and arguing with irrelevant things why do not suggest your ideas of how the game can get better?

So far, I've seen that Plarium has given life to many ideas from the players of this community. Be a bit positive. With anger you will not achieve what you wish. Even if you are correct, when you place your statements under bad language and offending the people who are trying to help you and understand your concerns, you are loosing your right!

Suggest your ideas of how the game can be better there: http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/

May you return Victorious from your quests!

Thank you Lord Hackerista
Jun 20, 2016, 13:3806/20/16
07/25/15
Hackerista said:

My lords,

This whole thread was not born due to irrelevant things, it was made because in the eyes of the OP it was very revelant, for him and others. There is several constructive posts in this thread and some not so. But usually one post is enough to be a catalyst for a thread to start go downhill, and as we are not allowed to discuss certain things you just have to figure out for yourself what that is and how it started. Re-read the thread from start to finnish, and it shouldn't be to hard to spot.
Jun 21, 2016, 02:1406/21/16
08/03/14

IronApex Turok said:

if i werent marshall on one server and captain on another i would have quit long ago. too many people rely on what i have built.  me quitting would scatter too many to the wind.

i will however, stop spending money.
Jun 21, 2016, 03:3006/21/16
01/11/16
the way i look at it, the more force for def or off the better. sure you dont get as many pvp points but u make your enemy suffer more losses then they probably wanted. For an example i have a guy who thinks my castle is a 7 eleven to raid for resources. One time he came for resources and got destroyed. I believe guy sent 120k off and lost all of it and i only lost 2k def.  Yes, i only got 1500 pvp points but was fun watching guy coming to kill himself.
Jun 23, 2016, 09:5706/23/16
08/03/14

cat in the hat said:

the way i look at it, the more force for def or off the better. sure you dont get as many pvp points but u make your enemy suffer more losses then they probably wanted. For an example i have a guy who thinks my castle is a 7 eleven to raid for resources. One time he came for resources and got destroyed. I believe guy sent 120k off and lost all of it and i only lost 2k def.  Yes, i only got 1500 pvp points but was fun watching guy coming to kill himself.f
120k offense is a small raiding party.   small potatoes.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 24, 2016, 08:5806/24/16
09/17/15

djmoody said:

Given you are very new and have missed the last 3 years.....................

Pretty much every captain and marshall supported a player suggestion via the forums. That suggestion was simple and easy to implement, similar features are already in the game. I know enough about coding to know it would be a few lines of code, no more than 1 hrs work.

A year on and that suggestion hasn't been acted on. It was promised at one point but nothing came.

This was the trigger for most experienced players gave up making suggestions. Why bang your head against a brick wall. If united voice of 100% of players is ignored on a tiny simple issue what the hell point is there making any suggestions?

Hopefully you a a bit more clued up now and might understand some of the things that have lead the player base to be so disenchanted.

FYI that suggestion was the marshal definable view of beacon defence (currently hard coded as Guardian and above which makes it impossible for good leagues to use the rank system to reward player progress).

And to top it all off that was around the times that the time that the forum moderator role got all its direct access to Plarium. While the entire player base couldn't get a no-brainer suggestion implemented, inexperienced forum mods (none of who turned out to be playing the non-Facebook PC version of the game) had a direct line to Plarium to make suggestions. Broken - utterly broken.

Unfortunately, our developers did not support the idea to make Beacons view definable my Marshall. 

However, I have passed a similar suggestion some time ago, and they have accepted it.

They will raise the min. Rank which can see Beacons Defense. 

I agree that it's not exactly what you and other players have expected, but I hope it will positively affect the situation with spies.

I guess your next question will be about time frames. Unfortunately, I don't have any. It will take some time, that's for sure.

I can also tell you more about the process of implementing players' suggestions if you wish. 

Jul 30, 2016, 20:4707/30/16
03/27/14
johanrayne said:

Tony Hobson said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, if you are defending yourself, you get points for your lost Units, not for the Offense killed.

"So defenders only get decent points if they take heavy losses, but attackers always get good points even when they suffer zero losses?

That seems fair - not

I thought the whole point of building castle walls was to reduce our defensive losses and increase the attacker's losses, but this will also reduce our tournament points??

Further proof that plarium hates defenders - so why don't we all hide in the catacombs for a month and watch this biased game collapse?"

what they said, thumbs up

p.s.  if you want pvp points for defending.............DON'T BUY WALLS AND IMPROVEMENTS WITH REAL WORLD CASH.  DUH

Basically why it was always been a rule. Its better if defended to having your clans back up, to never defend alone, because defense is much weaker then offense and just not worth the loss in troops, the game has always been this way, and greater accomplishment with a greater defense involved, killing their offense in great amount of joint effort equals more pvp 
Jul 30, 2016, 20:5407/30/16
Jul 31, 2016, 01:16(edited)

except that that is not true based on the mechanic of "you get defense pvp points based on loss"  the more clan members that pile on the defense the fewer troops are lost, thus fewer pvp points.  the point is not reducing losses. the point is that on defense you only get points through loss.

killing the attacker in greater amounts does not increase individual pvp points because there are zero points awarded for those kills.  that is based on the mechanic of "defense pvp points are based on defensive loss".

see, that is the entire point of the topic.
Jul 30, 2016, 22:5307/30/16
08/05/14
Drogar61 said:

Tony Hobson said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, if you are defending yourself, you get points for your lost Units, not for the Offense killed.

So defenders only get decent points if they take heavy losses, but attackers always get good points even when they suffer zero losses?

That seems fair - not

I thought the whole point of building castle walls was to reduce our defensive losses and increase the attacker's losses, but this will also reduce our tournament points??

Further proof that plarium hates defenders - so why don't we all hide in the catacombs for a month and watch this biased game collapse?

My Lord, It's just an assumption on your part. For many times there was statement that game is well balanced.

Do you have same definition of balance as Alyona, or this is some new term?

You must be kidding.

It's from the same Dictionary Bill Clinton used  when he said "I did not have sex with that woman".