Why Plarium don't want to speed units production?

12 Replies
Drogar61
8 June, 2016, 9:29 PM UTC

Reason is very simple: money.


Currently, non coiner needs about 300+ hours to produce 100 Dragons, or about 18,000 mins.

Coiner needs 4200 sapphires (with 50% discount), and about 1 min for same amount of Dragons.

So, 18,000 mins worth 4200 sapphires.

If you want to be comparable with coiner, become coiner, and make Plarium happy. At same time, you will congrats them 7 years of existing, along with buying sapphires.
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
8 June, 2016, 10:10 PM UTC

I advocated very loud and long for unit production to be almost instant as long as you had resources to make them. Would level the field somewhat. Also, it wouldn't been such a game breaker for people to lose an army, as rebuild it would go rather fast. Good chance is if you played a while and lose your entire army, you more prone to quit the game than spend ages to rebuild.


Rather than have people able to buy units, why not just buy resources to make units. That way you wouldn't be able to buy units you normaly wouldnt be able to build either, if you hadnt researched them yet.
UTC +2:00
Vladimir Stojanovic
9 June, 2016, 6:19 AM UTC

Gadheras said:



Rather than have people able to buy units, why not just buy resources to make units. That way you wouldn't be able to buy units you normaly wouldnt be able to build either, if you hadnt researched them yet.

My Lord, please use Suggestion and Feedback part of forum for this. 


Lord Drogar 61,

In this way game will go out of balance and wont be the same as now is.

UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
9 June, 2016, 8:13 AM UTC

The reason is Game balance. 

However, let's imagine a situation: we have reduced building time. And performed other necessary changes in order to save the balance and keep Units from inflation (like raising the power of BGs proportionally, lowering the price on the Back Market, etc).


That would mean that everyone would get bigger armies, not only you.

It may seen so cool and awesome to get all those Units faster and throw them into the Battle. But your rivals would also get more Units. So what would be the difference with the current balance? You would still hardly compete with big players, because they would also get all those HUGE armies with the same speed as you do. Please don't forget that balance changes affect all players, not only you. 

The balance of forces would be the same, you would need more Units for each fight, and you would still spend the same amount of time for building a competitive army. 

By the way, you already have in-game features that allow you to build Units faster

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
9 June, 2016, 11:15 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


The reason is Game balance. 

However, let's imagine a situation: we have reduced building time. And performed other necessary changes in order to save the balance and keep Units from inflation (like raising the power of BGs proportionally, lowering the price on the Back Market, etc).


That would mean that everyone would get bigger armies, not only you.

It may seen so cool and awesome to get all those Units faster and throw them into the Battle. But your rivals would also get more Units. So what would be the difference with the current balance? You would still hardly compete with big players, because they would also get all those HUGE armies with the same speed as you do. Please don't forget that balance changes affect all players, not only you. 

The balance of forces would be the same, you would need more Units for each fight, and you would still spend the same amount of time for building a competitive army. 

By the way, you already have in-game features that allow you to build Units faster


As I said over and over and over.... Its not about get HUGE armies, its about recovery. You would be more daring in attacking other players, create content, you know that losing units wouldnt mean weeks and months rebuilding deppending on loss. As it is now, I seen so many times "Thats it guys, game over for me, im out"... after a total wipe. How is that for customer retention? Make players hang around and play your game for a long time means they more prone to spend on things. 


This should be a war game for christ sake, not "bot and farm raiding online". I trive on wipe other players, If I score a good kill and wipe someones entire offence. That is a good day. but I know that the times I manage to do something like that. That player is prone to quit your game. There is no that long ago some guy posted a thread on the forums here rage quit over lose his offence and he supposedly was Marshall of his own league. The consequence of lose is to high Vs Recovery time. If someone else got a bigger army? BIG DEAL they already does. Everyone keep hide in their catas when they not on anyways.



And please. the ability that already exist ingame to make units build faster, is a joke.Lets shave a couple days of a month. EXCITING! With the level of coining going on. I wouldn't even dared mention game ballance to be honest. There is a thread on your forum where some guys want you to PRAISE some guy that spent.... INCREDIBLE amounts on cash on your game, to get into a certain rank and position. How is that for game ballance?


Games supposed to be fun. Losing all your stuff is not fun, when the recovery so slow. I could take my meagre units left and go raid for resources, it wouldn't change anything. I would just keep stock resoruce and my unit queues would extend from weeks to months. I thought in Plariums best interest was for players to actually PLAY your games, not play other games while wait for units to build in your games, because that time spent away from your games playing others of similar types. Players make friends and bonds with other players, and end of the days its because of these other players we end up play these games over time. If my reason to log into Stormfall would be to add a few more untis to building queue every day, then in the end I had no more reason to login because the people in my league and such, Im not spending time with them playing.


Plarium really need to start employ actual gamers or someone that grasp the psychology of gaming, because as it is now, It feels like the company so out of touch with reality of gaming its not even funny. And I'm not saying this to be mean, but its my honest opinion.


UTC +2:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
9 June, 2016, 4:55 PM UTC

Vladimir Stojanovic said:


Gadheras said:



Rather than have people able to buy units, why not just buy resources to make units. That way you wouldn't be able to buy units you normaly wouldnt be able to build either, if you hadnt researched them yet.

My Lord, please use Suggestion and Feedback part of forum for this. 


Lord Drogar 61,

In this way game will go out of balance and wont be the same as now is.

I think that's the idea.  He doesn't like the way the game is balanced now, and wants it to change. 

I agree, it would make the game a lot more exciting if they increased troop build speed, and would greatly reduce the benefit of having alt accounts, because you wouldn't be limited to the 4 build queues on a single account (most good raiders already have troops building in all queues 24 hours a day, so the only way they can get troops faster without spending money is to make more accounts). 


Note: moved thread to "suggestions and feedback" section

UTC +0:00
Gadheras
9 June, 2016, 5:17 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:


Vladimir Stojanovic said:


Gadheras said:



Rather than have people able to buy units, why not just buy resources to make units. That way you wouldn't be able to buy units you normaly wouldnt be able to build either, if you hadnt researched them yet.

My Lord, please use Suggestion and Feedback part of forum for this. 


Lord Drogar 61,

In this way game will go out of balance and wont be the same as now is.

I think that's the idea.  He doesn't like the way the game is balanced now, and wants it to change. 

I agree, it would make the game a lot more exciting if they increased troop build speed, and would greatly reduce the benefit of having alt accounts, because you wouldn't be limited to the 4 build queues on a single account (most good raiders already have troops building in all queues 24 hours a day, so the only way they can get troops faster without spending money is to make more accounts). 


Note: moved thread to "suggestions and feedback" section


There is players sitting on so many alts its not even funny to think about. Its against the rules to have alts, but it not policed at all. so no one care about about that aspect. People with enough time on their hands, can have as many alts they want and will get away with it. 


I know there can be people in the same house hold playing the game from same comp etc, and it make it hard to see if someone is an alt or not, but when there is people that might sit on dozens of accounts.... well. We all got that someone in our guilds (or more of them) that in control of several accounts, its no big secret. 


My point always been. Those that put in time and effort will raid for resources. those that want to save on the effort and time aspect will buy resources. Resources should be the bottom line on what you can build and how much. not time per unit. There is no deep strategic immersion in wait for weeks to build things.


UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
10 June, 2016, 8:30 AM UTC

Guys, I understand your concerns, but our developers won't accept this idea. You are free to discuss it, and express your point of view. However, from the beginning of the game, there were some basic features, which became a foundation of our game balance, mechanics and dynamics. 

Maybe your ideas could be implemented in one of our future games, who knows. Our developers have some interesting ideas for future projects. However, they won't change the whole mechanism of the existing games. That would drastically change Stormfall we know. 

It's a strategy game where you need to build Units, play wisely to win them in Tournaments and BGs, get them in quests and daily rewards. But the main idea of the game is that like on a real war, you can lose everything. The whole army, in a single click. It's you, players, who need to find the best way to avoid such situations and grow your army with minimal losses. But there always is a limit. Here or there. I understand that some players may benefit by buying Units at the Black Market while the others can't. 

However, the game gives you the opportunity to find your ways and compete with those players. You can unite, you can choose the best Unit type to attack, you can benefit from different bonuses, you can revive some Units for free if you're defending your Castle, etc. 

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
10 June, 2016, 10:47 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Guys, I understand your concerns, but our developers won't accept this idea. You are free to discuss it, and express your point of view. However, from the beginning of the game, there were some basic features, which became a foundation of our game balance, mechanics and dynamics. 

Maybe your ideas could be implemented in one of our future games, who knows. Our developers have some interesting ideas for future projects. However, they won't change the whole mechanism of the existing games. That would drastically change Stormfall we know. 

It's a strategy game where you need to build Units, play wisely to win them in Tournaments and BGs, get them in quests and daily rewards. But the main idea of the game is that like on a real war, you can lose everything. The whole army, in a single click. It's you, players, who need to find the best way to avoid such situations and grow your army with minimal losses. But there always is a limit. Here or there. I understand that some players may benefit by buying Units at the Black Market while the others can't. 

However, the game gives you the opportunity to find your ways and compete with those players. You can unite, you can choose the best Unit type to attack, you can benefit from different bonuses, you can revive some Units for free if you're defending your Castle, etc. 



But that is the thing Alyona. We losing units in BG's, we are not winning any. True you can trade one type of units for another, but you never winning, you losing resource vs resource. The same is for tournaments, the meagre unit rewards is just a fraction of what you end up spend to get them.


And why are the devs so afraid of change anything? or even crawl down for their high horses and talk to us. Like I can understand if it feels like you might have all these grumpy people posting on your forums, being crtical and such, but people wouldn't do that if they didn't have passion for the game. A lot of us have invested time into it and hunger for changes, because without, that passion will fade and players will leave for other things.


Yes in a single click a player can lose everything and in a single click the game can lose a player from log back in. The feeling of "swing door mentality" regarding your players is awfull. No real care about players leave, just hide behind the "the game is not for everyone", another one will come and replace the one that left. 


How about spawn a new server, apply new changes there. see how it goes. Take a leap of faith. Without changes you get stagnation, and game devs that is to afraid of changes... that feels insane in itself...

UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
13 June, 2016, 8:38 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

But that is the thing Alyona. We losing units in BG's, we are not winning any. True you can trade one type of units for another, but you never winning, you losing resource vs resource. The same is for tournaments, the meagre unit rewards is just a fraction of what you end up spend to get them.


And why are the devs so afraid of change anything? or even crawl down for their high horses and talk to us. Like I can understand if it feels like you might have all these grumpy people posting on your forums, being crtical and such, but people wouldn't do that if they didn't have passion for the game. A lot of us have invested time into it and hunger for changes, because without, that passion will fade and players will leave for other things.


Yes in a single click a player can lose everything and in a single click the game can lose a player from log back in. The feeling of "swing door mentality" regarding your players is awfull. No real care about players leave, just hide behind the "the game is not for everyone", another one will come and replace the one that left. 


How about spawn a new server, apply new changes there. see how it goes. Take a leap of faith. Without changes you get stagnation, and game devs that is to afraid of changes... that feels insane in itself...

I'm not sure that our developers will accept the idea to launch a new SF server with some great changes. However, they will try some bravest ideas in our new games which are already in development.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
13 June, 2016, 5:37 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Gadheras said:


But that is the thing Alyona. We losing units in BG's, we are not winning any. True you can trade one type of units for another, but you never winning, you losing resource vs resource. The same is for tournaments, the meagre unit rewards is just a fraction of what you end up spend to get them.


And why are the devs so afraid of change anything? or even crawl down for their high horses and talk to us. Like I can understand if it feels like you might have all these grumpy people posting on your forums, being crtical and such, but people wouldn't do that if they didn't have passion for the game. A lot of us have invested time into it and hunger for changes, because without, that passion will fade and players will leave for other things.


Yes in a single click a player can lose everything and in a single click the game can lose a player from log back in. The feeling of "swing door mentality" regarding your players is awfull. No real care about players leave, just hide behind the "the game is not for everyone", another one will come and replace the one that left. 


How about spawn a new server, apply new changes there. see how it goes. Take a leap of faith. Without changes you get stagnation, and game devs that is to afraid of changes... that feels insane in itself...

I'm not sure that our developers will accept the idea to launch a new SF server with some great changes. However, they will try some bravest ideas in our new games which are already in development.

I already spent close to a year with Stormfall and spent some on it. I'm not that inclined to jump onto another Plarium game down the line to start from scratch that might have features I'd like to see in Stormfall or not. And looking at the current line up of Plarium games, it feels like the same game with different skins for most parts. For a new game to be remotely worth it, it need to be something new and far, FAR from the feeling of another reskin of an already existing game.



UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
14 June, 2016, 9:33 AM UTC
Gadheras said:



I already spent close to a year with Stormfall and spent some on it. I'm not that inclined to jump onto another Plarium game down the line to start from scratch that might have features I'd like to see in Stormfall or not. And looking at the current line up of Plarium games, it feels like the same game with different skins for most parts. For a new game to be remotely worth it, it need to be something new and far, FAR from the feeling of another reskin of an already existing game.



I totally agree. And we are always ready to surprise our players. ;)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
jumy
21 June, 2016, 2:48 AM UTC

next big surprise? imagine?

for trend Plarium add fast troops build +200% and leave all resources in raids/both line, is already being increasingly  around me

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
1720809 users registered; 42312 topics; 270795 posts; our newest member:محمدصالح