Now that I'm back at Level 6 Fortress
I wish to and I'm Trying to Upgrade to Level 7
*****THE GAME SAYS AGAIN****
"You Have to Downgrade a Level 6 or Higher Fortress"

Here is the Problem:
***I Have Already Downgraded a Level 6 & have the Screenshot***

Does the Game not Bank or take into account I have Downgraded a Fortress

Being that I was Downgraded also?

Is the Game Saying If I am Downgraded ....

then What I have Attacked and Downgraded not count?

Is the Only Way to Advance the Upgrade of a Fortress to:
1. At Level 6 Downgrade a LeveL 6 or Higher
2. Upgrade now to Level 7
3. After Reaching Level 7 Downgrade a LeveL 7 or Higher
4. Upgrade now to Level 8
5. All the While Not Getting Downgraded yourself?

IF THIS IS THE CASE....
I do Not see this instruction nor walk through

IS THIS Worth A TICKET to Support?
Or Is this the Way a Fortress Upgrade Works?

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 29, 2016, 20:1602/29/16
04/10/15

Lord Bristom

I dont know if this is a poem, a song or a doubt

if im not wrong i have understood, you upgraded your fortress to level 6 and it requires for level 7 downgrading a level 6 fortress.

so you have donwgraded a level 6 fortress but yours have been donwgraded to level 5

correct me if im wrong in this point

now you have upgraded yours to level 6 again and it again ask you to downgrade another level 6 fortress

i will pass further your question but im afraid it does not count if you are downgraded to 5. :(

Hope i didnt miss in the way upgrade-downgrade

Regards

Mar 1, 2016, 05:2103/01/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)

After reading this I actually feel better about how the Fortress upgrading was coded. For if the downgrading of a fortress is "banked", two leagues could work together to upgrade with NO troop risk or losses. ( I was wondering if it was banked with how some Leagues apearred to upgrade their Fortresses)

Banked scenario:

League A and League B upgrade to level 6

League A downgrades League B (meeting Level 7 requirement)

League B Upgrades again, attacks League A (Meeting Level 7 requirement)

Both upgrade to level 7, safe from hits for 24 hours so no need to fortify

Repeat for Level 8

Hmm, no risk, no losses, and no teamwork

I do hope it is true that De-leveling is NOT banked. Then a League has to actually commit themselves to the upgrades. 

1. Fortify the heck out of your Fortress

2. Upgrade to Level 6

3. Upset another League by downgrading their Fortress

4. Upgrade to Level 7

5. Really upset a league by Downgrading their Level 7

6. Upgrade to Level 8

Pull your defense, unless you are planning to move into higher levels.

Yes it is risky. But really puts your League to the test when upgrading your own and hitting other Leagues. 

Our small League pulled it off. We lost a LOT of troops along the way. But it feels good when you KNOW your team will pull together for a goal. 

PS

I think this is the first time I do not agree with you Moody

Mar 1, 2016, 19:2703/01/16
02/25/15

Good job Skramble.

The point DJ is making is how many will stay at level 8 which can't be downgraded, say you have pulled your team together and are ready to go to lvl 9 or 10 but no one else on the map has decided to do so, your league is now stuck from advancement. This could turn into a huge stalemate. How do you feel now?

Great job team and appreciate all your efforts but ....
Mar 3, 2016, 00:0603/03/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)

As I see it, there will be quite some time passed before a Level 9 and up is even needed. 

Once Leagues Max out their Learning, I can see them upgrading and defending their Fortresses.

This will depend on what changes are made to Fortresses in the future. As they stand now, you are correct that they are not worth moving above Level 8

Mar 20, 2016, 15:5803/20/16
06/26/15
Briston said:

I Wish to Upgrade my Fortress:

to Level 7 and then onto Level 8

I have a Concern

I Currently Have a Level 6 Fortress
after just Upgrading it from Level 5
(as my Last Level 6 was "DownGraded")

Before being "Downgraded"
I had "Downgraded" a Level 6 Fortress
Now that I'm back at Level 6 Fortress
I wish to and I'm Trying to Upgrade to Level 7
*****THE GAME SAYS AGAIN****
"You Have to Downgrade a Level 6 or Higher Fortress"

Here is the Problem:
***I Have Already Downgraded a Level 6 & have the Screenshot***

Does the Game not Bank or take into account I have Downgraded a Fortress

Being that I was Downgraded also?

Is the Game Saying If I am Downgraded ....

then What I have Attacked and Downgraded not count?

Is the Only Way to Advance the Upgrade of a Fortress to:
1. At Level 6 Downgrade a LeveL 6 or Higher
2. Upgrade now to Level 7
3. After Reaching Level 7 Downgrade a LeveL 7 or Higher
4. Upgrade now to Level 8
5. All the While Not Getting Downgraded yourself?

IF THIS IS THE CASE....
I do Not see this instruction nor walk through

IS THIS Worth A TICKET to Support?
Or Is this the Way a Fortress Upgrade Works?

Well, from what I just got from my marshal, Plarium isn't going to do anything about this. My league downgraded a level 7 fortress so we could upgrade ours and still have that requirement listed in order to upgrade. So as far as I am concerned this is strike one to me buying any more sapphires and supporting these people. Strke 2 is of course the bit where the game gave a bunch of people sapphires and other "rewards" and then took them away when the people used them. This company is being worse than the Chinese companies who have "free" on-line games when it comes to keeping their players happy. Plarium needs to address these problems, not issues as they are not Microsoft, or this will be another dead end game.
Apr 11, 2016, 09:1604/11/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

i'm bringing this topic back up to life, because the issue hasn't really been addressed by any officials.

what if there's only one fortress lvl7 left, and a few lvl6, for instance. how will the lvl7 meet the requirement, if there is NO fortress to downgrade?!

and the fact that the system doesn't store previous league actions, such as downgrading others fortress, is a major flaw!
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 12, 2016, 08:1004/12/16
09/17/15

mrfreezzzz said:

i'm bringing this topic back up to life, because the issue hasn't really been addressed by any officials.

what if there's only one fortress lvl7 left, and a few lvl6, for instance. how will the lvl7 meet the requirement, if there is NO fortress to downgrade?!

and the fact that the system doesn't store previous league actions, such as downgrading others fortress, is a major flaw!

Greetings.

In your situation, level 7 League should wait for one of level 6 Leagues to downgrade another one and upgrade to level 7. 

That's why there can't be any monopoly for high-level fortresses. Strong Leagues will always need another strong Leagues to meet the requirements.

And you are right that if you have once downgraded rival's Fortress, but then your Fortress was downgraded, you will have to start it over. No previous actions are saved.

Apr 12, 2016, 10:0504/12/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14

nope, that system is flawed. because when there's going to be only one fortress lvl7 left, they'll be stuck. 

right now, there are only 2 fortresses lvl7 on the server1, once one has downgraded the other, there won't be any lvl7 left on the server. and only a few lvl6 fortresses. once 2 of them are lvl7, one will be downgraded again, and the other will be able to upgrade to lvl8. and less lvl6 fortress left. till ultimately, there will be a bunch of lvl8 fortresses, and a whole lot of lvl5. it's simple maths, this is a geometrical sequence whose limit is ZERO.

this fortress mechanic was thought out in a purely theorical way, assuming that every single league will try and upgrade to lvl8, but of course, it's absolute non sense. only the top major leagues are strong enough to go for lvl8. most leagues know that as soon as they'll start to upgrade, they'll take a serious blow and be downgraded right away, simply because they don't have enough def to sustain massive raids...

and NOT storing/saving every fortress action is a huge flaw in the coding. OR you'd have warned players BEFORE, so they wouldn't have wasted time, troops and resources for nothing..

Apr 12, 2016, 10:1304/12/16
07/25/15

mrfreezzzz said:

and NOT storing/saving every fortress action is a huge flaw in the coding. OR you'd have warned players BEFORE, so they wouldn't have wasted time, troops and resources for nothing..

For nothing for who? When we the players waste something it usually come with a price tag for us.

Apr 12, 2016, 10:1904/12/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
Gadheras said:

For nothing for who? When we the players waste something it usually come with a price tag for us.

precisely my point...
Apr 21, 2016, 08:0404/21/16
Apr 21, 2016, 08:05(edited)
08/03/14
on s1 we are ranked 60th. far from a top league. we managed to get to level 8.  but theres no point in going any further.

mrfreezzzz said:

only the top major leagues are strong enough to go for lvl8. most leagues know that as soon as they'll start to upgrade, they'll take a serious blow and be downgraded right away, simply because they don't have enough def to sustain massive raids...