All Categories

Why does Plarium allow this to continue?

Why does Plarium allow this to continue?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 2, 2016, 18:0302/02/16
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)
Mehnslayer said:

Arie said:

Why is an IPcheck not a normal thing? Many alt-users dont even hide with use of virtual pc and have several accounts open in same browser i heard.

IPcheck should be standard in a game like this!!

IP's don't mean much, honestly... They use to do it and a whole bunch of real accounts got banned...
An IP check is just one part of a larger puzzle to find an alt. But the easiest and quickest way to find the likely offenders for more in depth review. I remember the days of the IP checks. Lets bring them back.
Feb 2, 2016, 20:4602/02/16
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)
djmoody said:

Arie said:

Why is an IPcheck not a normal thing? Many alt-users dont even hide with use of virtual pc and have several accounts open in same browser i heard.

IPcheck should be standard in a game like this!!

Have some sympathy with Plarium on this one, it's not that easy.

Some of us have families, with multiple family members playing, all will share the same IP addresses from the one house.

And even more difficult, I once banned someone from our Teamspeak (banning from TS is done on an IP basis). A few minutes later I get a message from someone unconnected asking why they got banned from Teamspeak. It turns out the two people lived in the same building and it turned out all the people in the building shared the same IP address. They had spoken in TS and were definitely different people (one male and one female).

That is why IP cannot be the only basis on determining an alt. The reason there were problems last time they used it was it was the only thing they used and you had to prove that you were not an alt. I knew several family members that had to fight to get an account back. Once you find 2 accounts that are from the same IP you can then take a closer look to see if they are being run like an alt (one always feeding resources or scrolls to the other with no flow the other direction) or if they are two separate players. On the other hand if there are 20+ active accounts linked to the same IP then I would say is pretty safe to say most are alts :p Will it be an easy job absolutely not however it is a very doable job if someone is tasked with finding a reasonable solution and given the resources and support needed to execute that solution.
Feb 15, 2016, 02:4602/15/16
10/15/14

Great job Plarium , you certainly do know how to sort out a rogue league that is hell bent on abusing your system , way to go 

http://prntscr.com/a3e3uh

oh no wait they are still doing the same thing , not to worry maybe next time you sort it out eh ?

Feb 21, 2016, 12:5602/21/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

It is mind blowing, after forums and official reports,

Ticket number BNU-576-25751 , had no follow ups or feedback on this.

Rogue leagues and alts like these still exists. For how long will this keep on? Is this an invitation that we can and should steep to the same lowes and alter the face of this game. 

Get proactive guys, this has been reported via every channel and in details, wrist slapping is over, time to take action!