This topic is closed

Change the Rank at which Beacon Defence becomes visible

125 Replies
Snowgoon
11 October, 2015, 3:16 PM UTC

If someone suggested that we could BUY this ability then we might get an answer from Lord Oberon - or am I being too cynical?

hahahah
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
11 October, 2015, 10:12 PM UTC

Lord Tony,

I personally showed Lord Oberon this thread last week and he is aware of its feedback. This idea is a good one and has a lot of support behind it, so at the very least it should be taken to the developers.

E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
Snowgoon
12 October, 2015, 2:14 PM UTC

I fully support the suggestion that all League Stats, Inactivity and Beacon Defenses should only be visible to high ranking officers ....

..... but I find the reasons stated in this thread to be rather worrying

The main reason seems to be because most league officers fear the threat of infiltration by spies - these spies are invariably alt accounts.
Booting a suspected spy is pointless because they can easily change their name and castle location, remove their friends and allies, and then re-apply to the same Legion.

It would be much more sensible to tackle the root causes instead of keeping all League members at the rank of Soldier.

Plarium needs to do much more to track down alt accounts and bot accounts on this server = problem solved

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
NOVA KT 1
13 October, 2015, 9:45 PM UTC

I support the idea fully.

Lord Oberon
15 October, 2015, 8:17 AM UTC

My Lords and Ladies! We appreciate the massive support of this idea and will certainly take it into consideration! 

However, note that the information regarding the amount of units defending the beacons is very valuable and can be shared only with higher ranking and trusted members of a league. I imagine that lowering this plank will make it easier for spies to infiltrate a league and steal the information.
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
djmoody
16 October, 2015, 12:53 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said:

My Lords and Ladies! We appreciate the massive support of this idea and will certainly take it into consideration! 

However, note that the information regarding the amount of units defending the beacons is very valuable and can be shared only with higher ranking and trusted members of a league. I imagine that lowering this plank will make it easier for spies to infiltrate a league and steal the information.

Are you intentionally trolling us 

Just in case you aren't and have just missed the point - the thread is about reducing the number of people that can see beacon defense stats (e.g. commanders or above only) - or in a perfect world make it marshal definable, then people can make up their own minds.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Skycooldude
6 November, 2015, 3:30 AM UTC
... bumping this bc it needs to get implemented...
Mehnslayer
15 November, 2015, 10:16 AM UTC

Moved this to game discussion from help and support 

bump

Lord Oberon
16 November, 2015, 2:14 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Lord Oberon said:

Are you intentionally trolling us 

Just in case you aren't and have just missed the point - the thread is about reducing the number of people that can see beacon defense stats (e.g. commanders or above only) - or in a perfect world make it marshal definable, then people can make up their own minds.

I completely missed the point. This is understandable and certainly makes more sense. Making it marshal definable would be an ideal resolution. 

Skycooldude
16 November, 2015, 11:37 PM UTC

Glad to see that the point makes sense to you now Oberon... Hope to see it implemented soon!

Jezebel
21 November, 2015, 10:41 PM UTC

A++ for this suggestion or even make it like the diplomacy and darkening where you can choose the members who are able to see the amounts.  Some players don't want to have a higher rank than fighter because they do not have additional time for an officer position so the option to allow it or not would be a nicer feature.

Sorry apparently i never read ALL the replies TY DJMOODY for clarifying 

Skycooldude
2 December, 2015, 5:19 AM UTC
.. bumping again...  and will continue to bump until implemented
Mehnslayer
2 December, 2015, 7:31 AM UTC
This thread has shown it is wanted by the community and im sure Plarium will take this into serious consideration, especially with me annoying every community manager I can ^.^
AtheistMage
6 December, 2015, 11:04 AM UTC

Mehnslayer said:

This thread has shown it is wanted by the community and im sure Plarium will take this into serious consideration, especially with me annoying every community manager I can ^.^

Any updates on this being implemented? This has been the best suggestion for a game update in a long time. I would love to see it happen. 
Mehnslayer
6 December, 2015, 11:11 AM UTC

I am continuing to push the idea, along with a "total defense indicator" for captains/marshal's.

I can't tell you much except from what I have been told which is the developers have it as a consideration.
Lord Oberon
7 December, 2015, 1:04 PM UTC
My Lords and Ladies, some day Stormfall will see new features related to the Leagues functions. We are planning to expand such options. Though, as such update implies a list of alterations, our sages need more time for the realization.
Skramble
8 December, 2015, 1:21 AM UTC
Lord Oberon said:

My Lords and Ladies, some day Stormfall will see new features related to the Leagues functions. We are planning to expand such options. Though, as such update implies a list of alterations, our sages need more time for the realization.
Oh we know things take time, does not mean we will not keep reminding you 
UTC -7:00
BigD
12 December, 2015, 2:24 PM UTC
Bumping Again :) I fully support this idea
djmoody
13 December, 2015, 3:25 AM UTC

Great news this is coming sometime, looking forward to when this is implemented.

Biggest headache to running a large league at the moment -simple, easy change with a huge impact.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Skycooldude
22 December, 2015, 2:57 PM UTC

bump :)

hope to see this implemented in the next update

1777939 users registered; 48082 topics; 286162 posts; our newest member:UnknownRanger