All Categories

Improvements to Champions Have Arrived!

Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted

Lords and Ladies,

The improvements to Champions that many of you have been waiting for are here. Here’s a list of everything that’s new:

- During Global Events that increase the chance of obtaining a Grade V Champion by applying a Holy Summoning Bond, a button will now appear in the “Events” window that leads directly to a Special Offer featuring Holy Summoning Bonds.

When the Global Event is active, this will now be clearly indicated in the “Summoning Bonds” section of the “Items” tab in the “Champions” window.

- When choosing Units to send on a Raid, the Cavalier Champion will now be selected by default if the “Auto-select your strongest Champion” box is ticked.

- Upgrading a Rank 1, Rank 2, or Rank 3 Champion or Geist to the next Rank now triggers a notification instead of an animation. An option to enable or disable this notification has been added to the “Notification Settings” window.

- Sorting your Champions/Geists using the “By Rank” filter in the “Champions” tab of the “Champions” window now enables a new sub-filter. You can use the sub-filter to choose which Rank of Champions/Geists appears at the top of your Collection.

- The lock icon on locked Champions and Geists has been made more visible.

- After upgrading a Champion’s or Geist’s Rank and clicking the “Info” button to return to your Collection (in the “Champions” tab of the “Champions” window), the Collection pane will now scroll automatically to the Champion or Geist whose Rank has been upgraded.

- It is now possible to apply, extend, or purchase Champion XP Boosts when needed directly from within game windows, with no need to visit the “Champion XP Boosts” section of the “Items” tab of the “Champions” window.

- An option to enable or disable the confirmation pop-up when sacrificing Rank 1, Rank 2, and Rank 3 Champions or Geists has been added to the “Notification Settings” window.

Many of you asked for the ability to upgrade the Rank of several Champions or Geists at once. Unfortunately, this has proven not to be possible for technical reasons.

Enjoy these improvements to Champions, and grow your Collection!

Lord Oberon
Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
May 19, 2021, 09:3705/19/21
May 19, 2021, 10:5105/19/21
02/22/16

Well I see onnce I untrained myself from doing the old ones and clicked off the notifications It does make upgrading a bit faster! Thank you Plarium :)

May 19, 2021, 13:5205/19/21
08/10/16

Now this was a nice update. Anything that makes sacrificing champions a bit easier is good in my books and this introduced some good changes. I would argue that these changes could also be applied to champions of rank 4 and 5, but I suppose there could be some that might disagree.

One feature I would like to see in the future, one that should not be too hard to implement, is that we would be able to apply more than one "Champion XP Boost" at once.

May 20, 2021, 05:0105/20/21
02/20/17

Thank you very much for all these great improvements :-) 

👌👍👌👍👌

May 20, 2021, 05:0305/20/21
05/04/14

Hopefully, this QoL update will be implemented to the Mobile Vesion, Stormfall Rise of Balur.

AlinaCommunity Manager
May 20, 2021, 06:0805/20/21
05/21/19
Zeriot

Now this was a nice update. Anything that makes sacrificing champions a bit easier is good in my books and this introduced some good changes. I would argue that these changes could also be applied to champions of rank 4 and 5, but I suppose there could be some that might disagree.

One feature I would like to see in the future, one that should not be too hard to implement, is that we would be able to apply more than one "Champion XP Boost" at once.

Thanks for your feedback! 😎

Interesting! How will it improve the game? Could you please explain it in more details?

MicModerator
May 20, 2021, 11:2205/20/21
02/22/19

Hello all the Ladies and Lords , 

Wow , finally less clicks for upgrade the champions, thank you very much !😍

May 21, 2021, 18:5905/21/21
08/10/16
Alina

Thanks for your feedback! 😎

Interesting! How will it improve the game? Could you please explain it in more details?

It is quite simple actually, some of us use these "Champion XP Boosts" 24/7 and while it is not that much effort to click on this button six times a day, it would be even better to be able to just active 100 boosts or so directly. :) Might be a bit of a niche thing to use this many boosts, but I suppose it could be a bit more common ever since the champion pass became a thing.

May 21, 2021, 22:5505/21/21
08/23/15

Great job on reducing the number of clicks needed there 😃

My feeling is, that since locking option was added for champs one must preserve, no matter what, double and triple confirmations to allow for regrets and a way back should have been deleted with the coming of locks... It may be good to look at other issues where locking was added later (e.g. selling hero items) and where regret/cancel options still have a double confirmation

DGO

May 23, 2021, 07:0605/23/21
02/20/17

Hello, I have a proposal for Plarium if you agree:

-Remove the limit of daily sending resources to other players (there are 3 per day).

-Remove the limit on the amount of resources that can be sent to other players weekly (they are 50k a week).

-Remove the limit of scrolls that can be sent to other players per day (there are 2 per day).

Thanks for everything and best regards ... Good game to all :-) 

👌👍👌👍

May 23, 2021, 10:2605/23/21
May 23, 2021, 10:26(edited)
06/29/19
Fallout

-Remove the limit of daily sending resources to other players (there are 3 per day).

-Remove the limit on the amount of resources that can be sent to other players weekly (they are 50k a week).

-Remove the limit of scrolls that can be sent to other players per day (there are 2 per day).

👌👍👌👍

This won't happen. Just, honestly, it won't happen. 

First off, these systems have been in the game from the start and it will cause all sorts of game balance issues.

The first being Plariums stance now seems to be 'alts are fine, we will just do what we can to handicap making them beneficial to the other accounts' - Even if you don't agree with my interpretation, Plarium isn't going to want to deal with opening up the flood gates.

Second is weekly rankings, this is less important unless you're at the top end, but imagine having to load up a castle with 400k of your own resources, waiting for caravans to travel back and forth, just to raid 400k to increase the amount you raid. This will cause countless problems, and I can see a lot of ways to abuse this.

Even if you don't care about raid rankings, and weekly rankings, this will still have very real consequences. I'll take it to the extreme to demonstrate a point but I understand that this won't be the norm. Let's say there's an account that has quit, they have a lot of negative food because they have a massive army. Over the course of the week, you send them all your excess food, several hundred thousands worth, if not millions for some players. Come brawl time, you raid them, you raid them for 500k iron and gold, because they have no food left over. Now, you are artificially inflating the amount of gold/iron you will get from the brawl pass, and you will also instantly get 1k brawl points, just for 1 raid.

As for scrolls, lets say you have an alt or new player. That new player or alt, asks in league chat for certain scrolls. That snowballs, and within a couple of days, or even less, they go from archers to dragons because the league they joined has all the scrolls they need and just send it to them, so that entire progression is basically all gone.  

There are other problems but I don't want to make this an essay, and I think I made the point clear enough.

May 23, 2021, 10:5505/23/21
02/22/16
Fallout

👌👍👌👍

It would be much better to post your game suggetions in the forums suggestion area. 

That being said I think the devs would say those changes most likely won't happen due to game balance

But you will never know if you don't ask. (in the right place)

May 23, 2021, 17:3005/23/21
02/20/17
Mehnslayer

This won't happen. Just, honestly, it won't happen. 

First off, these systems have been in the game from the start and it will cause all sorts of game balance issues.

The first being Plariums stance now seems to be 'alts are fine, we will just do what we can to handicap making them beneficial to the other accounts' - Even if you don't agree with my interpretation, Plarium isn't going to want to deal with opening up the flood gates.

Second is weekly rankings, this is less important unless you're at the top end, but imagine having to load up a castle with 400k of your own resources, waiting for caravans to travel back and forth, just to raid 400k to increase the amount you raid. This will cause countless problems, and I can see a lot of ways to abuse this.

Even if you don't care about raid rankings, and weekly rankings, this will still have very real consequences. I'll take it to the extreme to demonstrate a point but I understand that this won't be the norm. Let's say there's an account that has quit, they have a lot of negative food because they have a massive army. Over the course of the week, you send them all your excess food, several hundred thousands worth, if not millions for some players. Come brawl time, you raid them, you raid them for 500k iron and gold, because they have no food left over. Now, you are artificially inflating the amount of gold/iron you will get from the brawl pass, and you will also instantly get 1k brawl points, just for 1 raid.

As for scrolls, lets say you have an alt or new player. That new player or alt, asks in league chat for certain scrolls. That snowballs, and within a couple of days, or even less, they go from archers to dragons because the league they joined has all the scrolls they need and just send it to them, so that entire progression is basically all gone.  

There are other problems but I don't want to make this an essay, and I think I made the point clear enough.

Hello, Mehnslayer, looking at it from that point of view you are absolutely right, it is that I had not thought about it looking at it from your point of view ... I only have one player account (I did not remember the multi-accounts), since there are many players with multi-accounts and what I proposed would be to favor players with multi-accounts, thank you very much for your clarification ... You are absolutely right, greetings and have a good game. 

👌👍👌👍😁😉

May 23, 2021, 17:3505/23/21
02/20/17
Wesley Pringle

It would be much better to post your game suggetions in the forums suggestion area. 

That being said I think the devs would say those changes most likely won't happen due to game balance

But you will never know if you don't ask. (in the right place)

Hello, Wesley Pringle, thanks for the information, I am a bit lost in the forum because my language is Spanish and it makes me a little dizzy looking for things to go to the right places :-)

Greetings and good game to you :-) 

😁👍😉👌

AlinaCommunity Manager
May 26, 2021, 10:0305/26/21
05/21/19
Zeriot

It is quite simple actually, some of us use these "Champion XP Boosts" 24/7 and while it is not that much effort to click on this button six times a day, it would be even better to be able to just active 100 boosts or so directly. :) Might be a bit of a niche thing to use this many boosts, but I suppose it could be a bit more common ever since the champion pass became a thing.

Thanks, got it now! I'll think about it 🙂

AlinaCommunity Manager
May 26, 2021, 10:0305/26/21
05/21/19
DeGrootsteOnzin

Great job on reducing the number of clicks needed there 😃

My feeling is, that since locking option was added for champs one must preserve, no matter what, double and triple confirmations to allow for regrets and a way back should have been deleted with the coming of locks... It may be good to look at other issues where locking was added later (e.g. selling hero items) and where regret/cancel options still have a double confirmation

DGO

Hey! Do you mean that the notification should be removed for all Ranks? 

AlinaCommunity Manager
May 26, 2021, 10:1305/26/21
05/21/19
Fallout

👌👍👌👍

Hello, my Lord! Thanks for your suggestions! Mehnslayer and Wesley are right. We cannot bring these changes because they will ruin the current game balance, I'm sorry. 

But I'm glad that you're sharing your ideas with us! Don't hesitate to do it in future, too. Here is the link to the right topic for you. Cheers! 

May 26, 2021, 15:1205/26/21
02/20/17

Hi Alina :-)

Thanks for everything, I know that I proposed something impossible :-)

I had not looked at it from the point of view as Mehnslayer explained it to me ... the truth is that he is absolutely right :-)

And I totally agree with him :-)

Thanks for everything and greetings to all :-)

👌👍👌👍👌

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jun 9, 2021, 11:3506/09/21
05/21/19
Fallout

Hi Alina :-)

Thanks for everything, I know that I proposed something impossible :-)

I had not looked at it from the point of view as Mehnslayer explained it to me ... the truth is that he is absolutely right :-)

And I totally agree with him :-)

Thanks for everything and greetings to all :-)

👌👍👌👍👌

No problem, I'm here to help 😎