All Categories

Player's Banned

Player's Banned

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 18, 2022, 00:3009/18/22
07/11/13

Player's Banned

Recently players from several leagues have been permanently banned (in-game) with no explanation.  These players:

- have been playing for many years (some since the game began)
- are highly active and well known
- have spent thousands of dollars on the game during their time playing

The bans have been applied:

- with no explanation
- with no right to appeal
- directly as perm bans with no warning

We would like this to be urgently reviewed with the hope that our long time friends to be reinstated. We miss them and in a game losing activity these players are valuable both to the community as well as adding value for Plarium. Multi year, long term players do not grow on trees.

As well as being specifically concerned for these players, this has caused shockwaves through a lot of senior players, in major leagues. If anyone can be banned, at any minute, for no apparent reason, at no warning this could happen to anyone. Many players are questioning whether they can risk playing/paying for a game under these conditions.

Hopefully these are simple mistakes and can be easily rectified. But we also need Plarium to:

- To provide reasons for banning players (especially when they have played for years and paid thousands - they deserve this)
- To allow players to appeal bans.

Appeals are important. Errors will be made, there needs to be a route to correct mistakes. Appeals are also necessary where the the punishment is excessively harsh and not proportionate to the nature of the rule breaking. This can be avoided by having a second person at Plarium consider the length of the ban.

It's appreciated that Plarium will need to control the game. People will need to be banned sometimes. But the goal should not to be to eject as many players as possible, it should be to rehabilitate as many players as possible by correcting their behavior and perm banning, as a last resort only, those players who clearly have no regard for the rules or any intention to ever play within them 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 18, 2022, 01:3009/18/22
07/22/19

Yeah - 2 players from my leagues have been pema banned. Very long term players (nearly start of the game), never been in trouble before. Straight to perm ban, no explanation, no ability to appeal. It's weird. 

Hopefully just a mistake and can be easily sorted. At least tell people what they are doing wrong and give them a chance to fix it.

Shapes and Digimind are the players - Dark Plains server.

Shapes is a captain. Helped hundreds of players learn the game. Keep community alive, keeps players motivated and in the game. Not only contributes his own cash but his contribution keeps others players in the game, worth a lot of money to Plarium. 

And when it can happen to captain of no1 league in the busiest server, really makes you question whether you are safe.

Sep 19, 2022, 12:3709/19/22
02/22/16

I have forwarded your concerns

Sep 20, 2022, 17:5209/20/22
05/10/16

Though KT has been lucky no bans of this nature, it is concerning that a player who could be a non-alt could be banned with no appeal. One doesnt spend time and money in a game to find out they were banned without reason or appeal. It would seem that a regular account and a alt account should be reinstated with proof of a purchase. Dont act like you dont know about alts, if they were all banned we would have 6 leagues left. 

Sep 20, 2022, 18:1909/20/22
02/22/16

Keep in mind if any account are caught using an illegal bot program or  the illegal sale of an account they could of been shut down with out notice as this is a violation of the agreement the player signed at the start of gameplay with plarium. But  I as don't know  for sure I will not suggest this is the reason just a possibility.

Sep 24, 2022, 19:3809/24/22
07/22/19
Wesley Pringle

Keep in mind if any account are caught using an illegal bot program or  the illegal sale of an account they could of been shut down with out notice as this is a violation of the agreement the player signed at the start of gameplay with plarium. But  I as don't know  for sure I will not suggest this is the reason just a possibility.

If only that were true. There is no such rule about bots.

Games T&C's are here: 

https://plarium.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2022, 21:4209/24/22
10/04/13
Rizzo

Though KT has been lucky no bans of this nature, it is concerning that a player who could be a non-alt could be banned with no appeal. One doesnt spend time and money in a game to find out they were banned without reason or appeal. It would seem that a regular account and a alt account should be reinstated with proof of a purchase. Dont act like you dont know about alts, if they were all banned we would have 6 leagues left. 

Alt accounts aren't against the rules anymore though, that was removed a few years back.  

Sep 25, 2022, 17:4709/25/22
02/22/16
Hideous Nightmare

If only that were true. There is no such rule about bots.

Games T&C's are here: 

https://plarium.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

I am not going to argue with you . lets just say Plarium always has the final say as to what's allowed don't expect them to list each and every aspect of it. 

It could  be  from any number Of things that an account gets Banned reading these two topics and adhering to them  should help a player to keep out of trouble  from a ban https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/55_forum-rules-and-game-policies/

Sep 28, 2022, 22:5809/28/22
07/22/19
Wesley Pringle

I am not going to argue with you . lets just say Plarium always has the final say as to what's allowed don't expect them to list each and every aspect of it. 

It could  be  from any number Of things that an account gets Banned reading these two topics and adhering to them  should help a player to keep out of trouble  from a ban https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/55_forum-rules-and-game-policies/

That is an amazing response.

People could be perm banned for "breaking rules" that don't exist, that they don't know about, couldn't be reaonsably expected to know about, because Plarium don't have the time to actually write down the rules they would like people to adhere to.

Just reinforces the need to warn people, and work through an escalation process before perm ban. If the rules aren't going to be communicated, would seem the only sensible approach.

Not that I think these cases have anything to do with bots. I think they are just mistakes but unless you are a mega spender support just doesn't exist.

Sep 30, 2022, 00:0309/30/22
07/11/13
Wesley Pringle

Per each of the violations and penalties, they all start out with a temporary ban. A second offense can constitue a permanent ban. The players who have been permanently banned have not received a first offense, and thus should only have a temporary ban of 10 days.

Exploiting/discussing how to exploit a bug can result in a 7 day ban to a permanent ban at Plarium's discretion.

Starting out at a permanent ban for players who have played for YEARS and spent thousands of dollars is very rash. Not to mention that the players have not even been given the ability to appeal the ban. It is not unthinkable that the players did not exploit a bug purposely, but rather set off the Plarium security by their random clicking. It is also not unthinkable that the players (who have played every day for the last 5+ years) understand the game properly and have been improperly banned by someone who does not understand the intricacy of this game.

No response from a CM is also disheartening. When a player raises a concern about the ability to be permanetly banned with no reason given... and no ability to raise an appeal... and for no response to be given... it feels like there is no care for the player base.

Hope to hear back from Plarium with news that there will be a change to the ban process to allow for appeals and also that any player who has been incorreclty permanently banned will have their permanent ban lifted and be given their temprorary ban (which they have already served at this point).

Sep 30, 2022, 00:4209/30/22
02/22/16

Above I left a link to support All account appeals would need to start there I wish you luck as I personally Have no idea the cause of the bans.