Unintended Divine Gear Impact

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 1, 2022, 15:5202/01/22
07/22/19

Unintended Divine Gear Impact

FIX NEEDED:

- 24hr hour timer before you can obtain rewards/dragons

- BUT thereafter you can collect the free dragons by logging any time between resets

THE PROBLEM:

I get why Plarium put a 24hr timer on the rewards for wearing divine armour. If it was instant you could just cycle all your gear and collect all rewards. So you have to wear it a while before you qualify for the reward.

The mechanism Plarium have chosen has some serious downsides that I suspect weren't noticed when the feature was designed.

The clock for your next 24hrs wait before collection started when you log in. This sets up a system where you WOULD NOT get your free troop reward for logging in every day.

For example - you log in at 11am one day (we will call day 10). You log in at 10am the next day (DAY 11). On day 11 you would not actually receive any reward/dragons. This is because a brand new 24hr timer started on day 10 at 11am. Unless you happen to log again after 11am you will miss that day's reward.

This sets up an extremely weird situation where you need to play the game ONLY later in the day than the time you logged the previous day. If you ever play earlier than the day before you will lose a day of rewards.

The ONLY way to optimise your rewards and effectively claim rewards ever day would be to log an account at EXACTLY the same time ever day. And I mean EXACTLY. Any time slippage, and you will over time be logging your accounts later and later in the day.

No one is going to want to play a game that puts pressure on them to play at exactly the same time each day (nor does that benefit Plarium - it may hurt them by slowly making the game feel like a chore that demands attention at a specific time each day - rather than freedom to play when you choose)

The fix needed is as stated above. Your first collection should be limited by a 24hr timer but thereafter you should be able to claim the reward by logging in at ANY time during that day (at any time between resets). If you unequip the gear then clearly a new 24hr timer would start.

I think this would achieve what Plarium were aiming for (you can't just swap gear for immediate rewards), without the unintended negative consequences of the current system.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 2, 2022, 02:4902/02/22
02/22/16

I'm very sure the feature works as it is intended to, I have not had any problems 

But I'll take this to the team and see if others have noticed an issue with this

MicModerator
Feb 2, 2022, 10:4002/02/22
02/22/19

Usually i log in around 07.00  A.M. ....and my timer for the bonus is completed in the noon around 16.00 o'clock , and i noticed that  i log in at morning , and when timer finish the dragons are added and there is also the letter from Lord Oberon which say that , i go to check the timer , and the next reset is always at the same time next day around 16.00 o'clock,  so no problem here .

For sure if i make my first log in at 17.00 o'clock  or later , than i reset my timer for the bonus !

I wish a good day and good  game !

Feb 2, 2022, 15:0502/02/22
Feb 2, 2022, 15:07(edited)
02/22/16

On looking at this situation I think it's worthy of further review. 

Those that are having this trouble need to send me their information 

Their Server ,game cords, days  the missed rewards happened. 

I will collect this information and forward it.

If I can collect enough replies it will help expidite this Matter 

I thank you in advance.  

Edited to add     (Please send your information to me in PM )

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 3, 2022, 09:0402/03/22
10/04/13

I don't think many people even realize it works this way, they just assume that if they log in at least once a day they'll get their free stuff for that day.  Not that 20 dragons more or less is all that noticeable to most of us in the first place...

Feb 3, 2022, 11:2902/03/22
02/22/16

I'm not sure it does work that way that's why I will collect the information from those that feel they have claims  so this can be throughly check. 

So far no one has come forward with a claim to be checked 

Feb 4, 2022, 14:0902/04/22
02/22/16

Update  this is still under review any in-put is welcomed