All Categories

Giving troops back - the mistake that keeps on giving

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 1, 2022, 20:3801/01/22
12/22/14

Just to try to make it a bit clearer to Plarium how much they ef'ed up this tourney.

This guy is looking for 11m sapphs worth of troops back. 

https://prnt.sc/25fzr25

Good job:-) I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 1, 2022, 21:3901/01/22
12/15/20

My brother used all his dragons for this event, 100 k dragons dead. As i wanted to win hard i went all in too with tons of units as i wanted to buyback units i lost in pvp. Im stuck with no refunds. cheers

Jan 2, 2022, 08:4701/02/22
12/15/20

King Kong they allready gave some, so they need to give all in this time period.

Jan 2, 2022, 09:2701/02/22
12/14/15

I started the day with 180000 griffin and 32000 dragons, I now have 30000 griffin and 1000 dragons and turned in 6m points for my league. Mr Kong fair dues you turned in min points so the thought of those of us who put in some effort getting back our troops must be an ouch for you. But and here is the but would anyone hit so hard if the prize was not so nice. Plarium is a company me as a player should expect that they are professional. This doesn't appear to be the case. Stop crying and let those of us who put in an effort for our leagues have what we lost returned.

Jan 2, 2022, 09:5601/02/22
12/15/20

I agree Daemon. Me and my brother haven't got troops back. But some has. I wonder how long time i have to wait. Would be nice if they told us the amount of time they need to sort this out.

Jan 2, 2022, 11:0301/02/22
12/14/15

Perhaps the fairest way would be to reset the game to 1 minute before the contest started and give a full refund for all cash spent during that day to all players. But as this has dragged on for the best part of a week now, it would cost Plarium a lot of money and bad blood. So maybe just refunding the troops lost that day is the best bet. Notice nobody is asking for more that this, nobody is demanding money back that they wouldn't have spent if not for the false advertisement of the contest. 

Jan 2, 2022, 17:4501/02/22
08/20/14

Still glad Plarium tried a fix beyon just here take this tiny gift - just need to finish with the solution so those that lost troops get them back

Jan 2, 2022, 23:5501/02/22
02/20/17
Daemon

I started the day with 180000 griffin and 32000 dragons, I now have 30000 griffin and 1000 dragons and turned in 6m points for my league. Mr Kong fair dues you turned in min points so the thought of those of us who put in some effort getting back our troops must be an ouch for you. But and here is the but would anyone hit so hard if the prize was not so nice. Plarium is a company me as a player should expect that they are professional. This doesn't appear to be the case. Stop crying and let those of us who put in an effort for our leagues have what we lost returned.

Hi Lord Daemon;i opened my eyes widely looking at those numbers;i scored 3 mill points and spent 1/10 of what you lost...something is wrong somewhere.If id lose 150K griffins i would score  easy 50 mill  points.I dont understand where you could burn those troops even if you d had 150 levels of btgs all together.I belive you but numbers are strange to me as i do btgs for years unless your griffins are very low level.

Jan 3, 2022, 09:5101/03/22
12/14/15

Hi Catalin, I pretty much only do b/gs, I add the b/g hunt everyday till I get the max allowed b/gs which is normally between 120 - 140. I find after 100 or so b/gs you stop getting equipment. My b/g losses are heavy to be sure, but I tend to edge my bets a little and send 10k griffin into each of the highest off b/gs. My top b/g payout was just under 100k griffin. I pretty much admit that I was seeding the b/gs ready for the brawl. But ended up not really in the mood so still have b/gs ready to go. Everyone talks about b/g tax, I find I get about 70% of my troops back. Maybe not the best way of doing b/gs but hey it's a game and everyone plays in their own way. :)

Jan 3, 2022, 11:0601/03/22
Jan 3, 2022, 11:12(edited)
05/03/15

BG's are a resource in, resource out bank.

It doesn't matter how you play them. Kill efficiently and it will just take more BG's to fully load them and the number of BG's between payouts will increase. Kill them inefficienctly and the gap between payouts will decrease. But they still track resource in and resource out (apart from the top level caveat noted below).

So, if the game is functioning properly, its not possible for a player to consistently get back only 70% of what they put in, over a long period of time.

If you track your loading and payouts (as the resource of the troops, which includes food) you'll get the 3/4% losses/tax that people talk about. FYI I have done that over thousands and thousands of BG's. 

You'll have to do it over many many many cycles (loading then clearing via a full payout), as the type of troops loaded can affect each individual cycle, you can get partial/half payouts and other vaguaries. But any under/over on each cycle just stays in the bank and affects future cycles, so it all washes out eventually. You just need to take a big enough sample.

Note that all the above goes for playing the BG's "normally". If you haven't reached the max level yet then each time you kill a top level BG a different mechanic applies and you will see different results from your resource tracking. 

If you truely are getting only 70% back then you are experiencing some king of bug. I recommend you track your resources for an extended period of time.

More than likely you will prove the above to yourself (3/4% tax). But if you don't you will have the evidence to start a support ticket and hopefully get it investigated. 

It's possible that the gear issue (I have heard others say that gear stops coming but never done that many on a single account in a day to see it myself), doesn't just affect the gear but also stops the bank tracking resources. 

The max lvl of BG's used to be 60 but I think it's now 100. That matches up to your experience of the gear stopping at 100 BGs. But this being the bug ridden game it is it's possible to get yourself in a position where you have more BG's than the max theoritically allows. Maybe this could this could cause a bug?

Jan 3, 2022, 11:1201/03/22
12/15/20

KingKong so is pvp, big leagues killed small leagues beacons and castles to gain xp and pvp points, they get back their troops from legendary units. The winners are the small leagues that lost all their units "if they got them returned" and the same for the pvp players, they win xp event, pvp event. While people like me and my brother and many others had saved up griffins and dragons for years and throw them all in bg, which we would never ever do if not for the 150k sap reward. 

Jan 3, 2022, 11:1801/03/22
Jan 3, 2022, 11:19(edited)
05/03/15

I was just offering info about how BG's work for Deamon. In that post I am not offering an opinion on PvP, nor the debacle that was the XP Tournament, or Plarium's failed attempts to address it - lol.

But yes the current Plarium approach on compensation is insane as you pointed out - although somehow they have only managed to roll it out to some account not others, so they have only half broken the game so far.

Jan 3, 2022, 11:3901/03/22
07/12/17

I play b/gs and tbh the last couple of months or so the losses have been greater. As a rule I used to end up roughly equal after a few b/g hits, now I take losses on a regular basis. To Daemon maybe something in what KK says about the bank not filling after you reach a b/g limit. It seems logical to suppose that when the equipment stops comming that the bank stops filling, so any troops sent after this are just wasted. This is the fault of Plarium who as a rule tend to throw updates out without any form of testing and we the players take the hit, note the upgrade divine equipment daily quest, even if you had the equipment who in their right mind would waste that many moonstones a day. 

As this thread is about the exp contest, may I say I still haven't received any troops back like lots of other people. Fine from now on I am joining the many free players that play this game. All this backlash could have been avoided if they just proof checked before sending stuff out into the wild, but sadly as a company it seems less about player contentment and more about income. 

Jan 3, 2022, 11:5401/03/22
Jan 3, 2022, 12:21(edited)
05/03/15

I can link you a very easy to use BG resource tracker via Google docs if a few people would like to take the time to track resouces. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gt0nMMLHi01jdqH9aKezHAYbfeIikSQa1JFYh6Nkw_g/edit#gid=1524191836

As noted above, the only way to analyse correctly is to have a large sample size, so the more ppl that track, the more we can become sure about what is happening in BG's atm

To use it just:

- Right click any existing tab and select "Duplicate"

- Rename your new Duplicate sheet with your account name

- Blank out any existing data from whomever used the sheet before you and then enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By quick way of explanation:

Each BG has two rows. A loading row and a payout row. You simple type in the troops numbers and the resource value gets calculated automatically in the "Res Banked" column. Loading is treated as positive to the bank, payouts as negative. The cumulative column tracks the total of all your BG's - your current bank effectively.

It's maybe not seem the most logical layout initially to use two lines for each BG but it's WAY easier to do the forumulae like that. You'll get used to it pretty quickly.

The major troop types are in the sheet (the ones you might load a lot of resource with). But not all troop types are there because I wanted to keep the sheet simple and not expanding miles to the right / off the screen. Sorry if there are types missing that you use a lot.

Jan 3, 2022, 17:2201/03/22
02/20/17
Daemon

Hi Catalin, I pretty much only do b/gs, I add the b/g hunt everyday till I get the max allowed b/gs which is normally between 120 - 140. I find after 100 or so b/gs you stop getting equipment. My b/g losses are heavy to be sure, but I tend to edge my bets a little and send 10k griffin into each of the highest off b/gs. My top b/g payout was just under 100k griffin. I pretty much admit that I was seeding the b/gs ready for the brawl. But ended up not really in the mood so still have b/gs ready to go. Everyone talks about b/g tax, I find I get about 70% of my troops back. Maybe not the best way of doing b/gs but hey it's a game and everyone plays in their own way. :)

Hi again Lord Deamon.I just realise something;;you might be in S1 which explains everything.I ve got my big account in S3 and there lvl 210 is the highest.If i m not wrong in S1 you can go till lvl 260 and of course is not the same.. sorry for missunderstanding...but at least i realised in the end.

Jan 5, 2022, 17:5901/05/22
08/20/14

Received my troops back and in the form of offense best I can tell.  

Plarium thanks for implementing a solution that made things right for those leagues and players that pushed hard during the first day of the experience tournament.    

Jan 5, 2022, 20:1301/05/22
12/22/14

You all made out like bandits from this. Be grateful - the troop reward should have been 0 and you all know that.