All Categories

Did you like it ?

Did you like it ?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 20, 2021, 14:5706/20/21
02/22/16

Did you like it ?

Hello  on the last Royal Brawl there was a change in the rewards. I'll be totally honest I was surprised anyways Not sure if this was a once off celebrationary thing or will be the Norm. 

My question is did you like it ? 

Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Jun 21, 2021, 09:4406/21/21
02/22/19

Hi Wes , well  πŸ˜‰ me personally i really appreciated the weorian units , since are very strong ...but other  players from my league prefer the normal units , because they can use in the battlegrounds, very appreciated also the sketches 😍 and the rest of the items ,thank you to the team for that ...

This is just a thought from my league !

I wish a good day to everyone 😎  and Enjoy the game !

Jun 24, 2021, 16:5306/24/21
07/10/14

Offense players welcomed more Weor units.

Defence players prefer the normal rewards (ay least that was the general feedback that I got).

For the health of the game, Weor units shouldn't continue to be showered into the game but after the last thread I don't think Plarium staff here either don't understand or just don't care about the impact. If we continued with that brawl reward structure we'd mess up the game sooner or later - so I hope it was a 12th anniversary one off.

Jun 25, 2021, 02:1006/25/21
02/22/16

I was just asking because we do care about what the Players think that is why I ask. 

To say we don't care about the Impact would be an Erroneous Assumption.

Jun 25, 2021, 09:0006/25/21
10/31/14
Wesley Pringle

I was just asking because we do care about what the Players think that is why I ask. 

To say we don't care about the Impact would be an Erroneous Assumption.

Erroneous assumption based on what historical data? When has Plarium ever cared on this single issue. 

The only time Plarium listened is when I had to force them to cancel the beacon massacre. And that took months, and having hundreds of marshals and captain object to the feature. The game hasn't recovered from that single feature after 3 years. And Plarium hasn't even cancelled the massacre completely, just postponed it into the far future. 

I can't remember any other time plarium cared. 

Just last week they introduced a very flawed unit which is about to make mega coiners billions of beast offense with no effort. The rabbit is out of the hat, and I can't wait to see the impact of an army made entirey of a unit with 9K basic offence statistics( without any boosts). 

Jun 25, 2021, 09:0606/25/21
Jun 25, 2021, 09:07(edited)
10/31/14
Mic

Hi Wes , well  πŸ˜‰ me personally i really appreciated the weorian units , since are very strong ...but other  players from my league prefer the normal units , because they can use in the battlegrounds, very appreciated also the sketches 😍 and the rest of the items ,thank you to the team for that ...

This is just a thought from my league !

I wish a good day to everyone 😎  and Enjoy the game !

I enjoyed the woer units, even though I am a defense player, I always claim defensive woer units even though I know its wrong. Plus I am currently investigating weather Woer units have a bank value in BG. 

So far I don't know if they do. I put about 3000 Vanguard in a 220 (Highest in server 2) and got nothing in return. I don't know if this is because my bank was already full or because my bank is over inflated. 

On my offense alt, I put 750 vanguard, and got 22K demons. This was after I emptied my bank with 23K warlocks. 

The extra woer units will help me investigate a little bit more

MicModerator
Jun 25, 2021, 10:0706/25/21
02/22/19
DJ Moody

Offense players welcomed more Weor units.

Defence players prefer the normal rewards (ay least that was the general feedback that I got).

For the health of the game, Weor units shouldn't continue to be showered into the game but after the last thread I don't think Plarium staff here either don't understand or just don't care about the impact. If we continued with that brawl reward structure we'd mess up the game sooner or later - so I hope it was a 12th anniversary one off.

Hello Lord DJMOODy, 

Well i am an offense player , since i started the game , so i really like the offense weorian units 😍 , and even if you are convinced about that the '' Plarium staff don't understand ''  like you said ...for sure before this change the team analyzed and tested that , and if they did it  mean that is not a ''mess'' !

Many of my friends don't like that , they prefer the normal units because they use them in battlegrounds ...  there will be always someone which like it and who don't like it !

Feel free to express your suggestions under the monthly post of the ''Update News''

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/841_news/20636_update-news/

Or , in the section Feedback and Suggestions , here :

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/451_suggestions/

I wish you a good day and good battles !

MicModerator
Jun 25, 2021, 10:1006/25/21
02/22/19
Oracle

I enjoyed the woer units, even though I am a defense player, I always claim defensive woer units even though I know its wrong. Plus I am currently investigating weather Woer units have a bank value in BG. 

So far I don't know if they do. I put about 3000 Vanguard in a 220 (Highest in server 2) and got nothing in return. I don't know if this is because my bank was already full or because my bank is over inflated. 

On my offense alt, I put 750 vanguard, and got 22K demons. This was after I emptied my bank with 23K warlocks. 

The extra woer units will help me investigate a little bit more

Hello Lord Oracle , glad for that you liked the weorian units 😎 i love them too  πŸ˜

As for use them in battlegrounds ...i prefer to keep them and to use in battles  ( i took the offense ones) , 

I can't confirm or not if they are counted in the bank value , so i prefer to keep them !

I wish you a good day and good battles !

Jun 25, 2021, 10:1206/25/21
02/22/16
Oracle

Erroneous assumption based on what historical data? When has Plarium ever cared on this single issue. 

The only time Plarium listened is when I had to force them to cancel the beacon massacre. And that took months, and having hundreds of marshals and captain object to the feature. The game hasn't recovered from that single feature after 3 years. And Plarium hasn't even cancelled the massacre completely, just postponed it into the far future. 

Just last week they introduced a very flawed unit which is about to make mega coiners billions of beast offense with no effort. The rabbit is out of the hat, and I can't wait to see the impact of an army made entirey of a unit with 9K basic offence statistics( without any boosts). 

Erroneous based on the Fact! 

If I didn't Care I would not of asked the question in the first place.

As this post was made in reference to a specific Feature and the rewards.

I will ask you to please not attempt to Hijack the topic 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jun 25, 2021, 10:1306/25/21
05/21/19
Oracle

If we didn't care, we would never ask πŸ˜‰

Jun 25, 2021, 11:4906/25/21
Jun 25, 2021, 11:53(edited)
07/10/14

So on the basis you care - lets try the Weor units game balance discussion again.

If you follow through these questions and answer them honestly it will go a long way to leading you to understand the problem. If you don't know any the answers then just ask and we'll feed you the info:

What does the beacon game add to Stormall? Why is is so important?

What was the state of the game before force limits on beacons were introduced?

What do force limits protect the game from / why were they so successful in extending the life of the game?

What is the value of Weor units and why do some players value them so much?

What is the size of a pure darkened dragon hammer into a beacon?

What is the size of a Weor unit hammer into a beacon?

Why do we have some players who can one hit even a reasonable beacon and others (most) who could never even hope to take part in a beacon hit?

How difficult is it to balance any kind of game mechanic when there is such an enourmous difference between players.

What did the biggest hammer in 2016/17 spend most of it's time doing (pre-force limits)? Why is that so damaging to the game.

(PS more than happy to move this to a new thread if you want).

Jun 26, 2021, 00:0106/26/21
07/10/14

PS Yes - Weor Units do have a decent resource value in BG's, proportional to their unit power.

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 28, 2021, 07:0806/28/21
10/04/13
Oracle

Which unit are you talking about?  The gargoyle is the only unit with ~9k base offense, and it was introduce quite a while ago.  Also, gargs aren't very good for pvp because they don't get bonus from champions (which can be up to 160%, so not getting that is a massive disadvantage).  

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jun 30, 2021, 09:5006/30/21
05/21/19
DJ Moody

So on the basis you care - lets try the Weor units game balance discussion again.

If you follow through these questions and answer them honestly it will go a long way to leading you to understand the problem. If you don't know any the answers then just ask and we'll feed you the info:

What does the beacon game add to Stormall? Why is is so important?

What was the state of the game before force limits on beacons were introduced?

What do force limits protect the game from / why were they so successful in extending the life of the game?

What is the value of Weor units and why do some players value them so much?

What is the size of a pure darkened dragon hammer into a beacon?

What is the size of a Weor unit hammer into a beacon?

Why do we have some players who can one hit even a reasonable beacon and others (most) who could never even hope to take part in a beacon hit?

How difficult is it to balance any kind of game mechanic when there is such an enourmous difference between players.

What did the biggest hammer in 2016/17 spend most of it's time doing (pre-force limits)? Why is that so damaging to the game.

(PS more than happy to move this to a new thread if you want).

Hello, DJ Moody! As you said, we've already discussed this topic before 😟  I don't have any new info to add, I'm afraid. Besides, I would appreciate it if you could stick to the topic in the thread. If you wish to discuss something else, you know what to do πŸ˜‰

Jul 1, 2021, 13:1007/01/21
07/10/14

So the thread is about whether you like Weor units in the Brawl reward. How is explaining and discussing why you don't like it (and why its bad for the entire game - not just my personal preference) off topic? 

Blatently couldn't be more on topic. It's the actual deep root of the topic.

We haven't "discussed" this before, because you failed to explain or counter any of the facts, examples or logical points I put foward to explain why we have a problem, or put forward any of your own. So the "discussion" went no further than you just palming off the point and refusing to discuss it.

So if you do care... lets actually have a discussion. Because this is SOOOOO important with the game. That is why I am dying to have a real "discussion" with a member of Plarium staff so you understand it. And you are the ONLY member of staff we have access to. So you are our only hope.

You could actually take this issue back to the development team and make a real name for yourself. The expert players here can furnish you with a deep understanding of the game mechanics, seriously researched facts / evidence / and back up. We could make you look very good in front of the management.

..... or we could just totally ignore it.

I'll post the questions in a seperate thread and we can start having a serious discussion.

Even if nothing came of it, surely the insight and improvement in your understanding of the game you gain from the discussion would be valauble for understanding other topics in the future?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 6, 2021, 14:1207/06/21
05/21/19
DJ Moody

So the thread is about whether you like Weor units in the Brawl reward. How is explaining and discussing why you don't like it (and why its bad for the entire game - not just my personal preference) off topic? 

We haven't "discussed" this before, because you failed to explain or counter any of the facts, examples or logical points I put foward to explain why we have a problem, or put forward any of your own. So the "discussion" went no further than you just palming off the point and refusing to discuss it.

So if you do care... lets actually have a discussion. Because this is SOOOOO important with the game. That is why I am dying to have a real "discussion" with a member of Plarium staff so you understand it. And you are the ONLY member of staff we have access to. So you are our only hope.

You could actually take this issue back to the development team and make a real name for yourself. The expert players here can furnish you with a deep understanding of the game mechanics, seriously researched facts / evidence / and back up. We could make you look very good in front of the management.

..... or we could just totally ignore it.

I'll post the questions in a seperate thread and we can start having a serious discussion.

Even if nothing came of it, surely the insight and improvement in your understanding of the game you gain from the discussion would be valauble for understanding other topics in the future?

It wasn't the only change, though. In my opinion, shifting our focus mainly to this aspect isn't a good idea in this topic.

If I'm not mistaken, we've discussed it before, but I can't find the topic now. It seems to me it was about an offer that contained Weor units. 

So if you do care... lets actually have a discussion.

I do care. I also care about the atmosphere on our forum. I would appreciate it if you could communicate with our mods, other players and me in a more friendly manner. Our forum is not the right place for this haughty tone of voice. I don't think it can lead to any good game-related discussions. 

I hope in future we'll have more interesting topics to discuss, but in a completely different manner. Thank you for your understanding.