All Categories

How will the Fb servers migration to Plarium, effect existing Plarium App players ???

How will the Fb servers migration to Plarium, effect existing Plarium App players ???

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 15, 2020, 16:0212/15/20
03/20/15

We have all seen a lot of strange things going on lately on game  ( glitches ? ) . I'm aware that the Fb players will be soon migrating from Fb to using the app as we do . I had posted this following on Facebook Stormfall AoW page & had it removed 2x by Plarium Admin there . Apparently it is off limits to ask about this . Can some one on Forum tell me how this is supposed to work and how it might effect us existing Plarium App players ? Will we wake up one morning & find 400 new Beacons & 400 new Leagues on our server ? I think it a valid question ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I have just had a question regarding the migration of Facebook players to the Plarium app removed . Perhaps the context was not understood by Admin . We are Plarium App players who have ALWAYS played on the Plarium App or Plarium.com, NEVER on the Facebook servers. We have had our league for several years on Untamed Lands ( server 2 ). I thought that the best place to ask this question was on Facebook .  We have noticed many glitches in game recently, notably not being able to get on any Plarium server but server 1 for many hours yesterday . Being a resonably well known Marshal there , I have also gotten a few messages from total strangers (levels 2-5 ) who seem to have migrated prematurely from Facebook asking me what is happening and what will happen , regarding this migration. And of course all of our league asks me how this migration will affect the current status of our game that we have already been playing on the Plarium App . I do not know the answer to this , because this information seems to be have given to the Facebook players exclusively . Could Admin tell me and other exclusively Plarium App players how this migration will affect us ? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 15, 2020, 16:1812/15/20
Dec 15, 2020, 21:32(edited)
07/10/14

Hopefully a CM will get back to you with info.

In the meantime I'll suggest what the answers appear to be from known info.

Facebook players will access the game through an HTML 5 version which runs through FB (1). I don't think FB players will ever use the App (2). The reason for this is FB will never allow their customers access to the content though an interface which is not Facebook (if you think about it, if FB players are allowed to use the app then they no longer need Facebook at all).

There will be no changes to the servers at all. FB players will stay on their FB servers and .com players will stay on their .com servers. There are no server mergers (3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) This seems to be the case from the Mid Nov communcation about HTML, which when it was shared here was quickly jumped on to be stressed as a "Facebook" only comms.

(2) That is my guess, unless contractually Plarium are at a point that they can move FB players off the Facebook platrform

(3) CM's have said in multople threads over the last few months that there would be no server mergers (mainly because they were technically difficult and time consuming)

Dec 15, 2020, 21:2912/15/20
Dec 15, 2020, 21:32(edited)
07/10/14

Oh well - they turned the previous FB announcement on it's head - lol

i

So it is the app for everyone then.

Its not server merge btw.

Dec 16, 2020, 02:3312/16/20
08/19/14

Save your progress opens the migration page, but the play button changes to plarium.com within a fraction of a second. Basically, I cannot save progress and migrate.

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 16, 2020, 07:1912/16/20
10/04/13

Facebook players will be kept on separate servers, so you won't see any of them in game unless they create a new account on your server.  They'll just be using the app to access their server instead of going through the facebook website.  

Dec 16, 2020, 12:5012/16/20
02/22/16

The game launcher shows that they are seperate servers . 

i

You can even launch both games at the same time .

Although if you do the preformance of the game will then depend on your Computer's limitations and your internet connection .

Dec 16, 2020, 12:5912/16/20
02/22/16
DJ Moody

Oh well - they turned the previous FB announcement on it's head - lol

i

So it is the app for everyone then.

Its not server merge btw.

I guess if you consider the fact that it is adding a server onto the Game launcher it is easy to see how many would consider this migration to be a sever that's merging the facebook game into the plarium platform.  

Dec 16, 2020, 18:1412/16/20
10/31/14

Its weird that there are two games that are virtually the same. 

Merging the servers is the most logical option. It saves money and it's a logical solution for a now empty Darkplains map where even Seth is not fun. 

As for technical things like coordinates, beacons, and rankings, Plarium has over random generator for that. Just assign random leagues at a random location. 

I play with Anabella on the same server, and I don't really mind, because there is plenty of PvP and competition is fierce. But I can't say the same for DarkPlains. 

Dec 17, 2020, 00:5312/17/20
08/09/15
BiohazarD

Facebook players will be kept on separate servers, so you won't see any of them in game unless they create a new account on your server.  They'll just be using the app to access their server instead of going through the facebook website.  

you wont be able to create new account there

Dec 17, 2020, 02:0112/17/20
03/20/15
Wesley Pringle

The game launcher shows that they are seperate servers . 

i

You can even launch both games at the same time .

Although if you do the preformance of the game will then depend on your Computer's limitations and your internet connection .

Thanks very much for this , it has been a great mystery to me how they were going to do this . As well there have been so many rumors about bad things about to happen because of it . This clarifies things a lot . 

Dec 17, 2020, 13:2612/17/20
02/22/16

You are welcome