All Categories

Helping the HTML 5 Project

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 7, 2020, 19:3812/07/20
07/10/14

Given the App is not a long term sustainable future for the game (not on Windows can't play, Chromebook can't play, not clear whether Flash will remain on your machine, the security risk is unacceptable, Flash will eventually stop working etc etc).

Is there anything we can do as players to help the HTML 5 project be successful.

For instance I suspect the amount of largely pointless extra troop types and extra legendaries could be removed from the game w/o anyone being too upset by it (especially if it's a choice between dropping some stuff and no game).

All those extra troop types create a massive amount of extra (and pretty unnecessary) calculations, slowing down the servers, especially the legendaries.

Personally I'd make do with less tournaments if that helped.

It might not be something the devs were allowed to consider in their brief. But if there is stuff that could be cut from the game that would help speed it up it might be an idea to float some of it here and see if any of it is stuff the majority of players feel they could do without?

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 8, 2020, 18:2312/08/20
Dec 8, 2020, 18:26(edited)
12/13/14

Remove all unnecessary animation, sound effects and music

Remove hamlets, battlegrounds, undead etc from the map - none of these are needed

Remove sieges from the game (like they did on Rise of Balur/Vikings etc) The game does not need sieges

3/4 of the stuff is not needed and is just ketchup

Dec 9, 2020, 23:0812/09/20
11/27/15
Snowgoon

Remove all unnecessary animation, sound effects and music

Remove hamlets, battlegrounds, undead etc from the map - none of these are needed

Remove sieges from the game (like they did on Rise of Balur/Vikings etc) The game does not need sieges

3/4 of the stuff is not needed and is just ketchup

for battlegrounds,undead yes for hamlets no becose if u want to capture a hamlet on the other side of the map if u cant see it on the map how u gona capture it? for sure u cant see that far from the eagles nest 

Dec 10, 2020, 00:2412/10/20
06/16/18

I agree with all of you - and yes, hamlets need to be seen - I hamlet swap with someone very far from me, and I don't see his options in my nest. HTML 5 is the next step - why, since the company knew this was coming, they didn't act upon it? The app is like playing with handcuffs on. And for my work, I have to see my browser windows, thus my gaming here might end arruptly. :(

NancyAdmin
Dec 10, 2020, 11:0412/10/20
07/09/19

It's very sweet of you, dear Lords. Thanks for offering your help. Like we said in our post, the HTML5 version of the game demands optimizations and improvements, and we will keep everyone informed if the situation changes.

We do really appreciate your understanding on this. 

Dec 10, 2020, 11:2212/10/20
08/09/15

it will always be like that !

some see some as usefull and important some dont

for me seiges are important @Snowgoon  

for some hamlets

one thing i know the heavies work would be stoneheart abilities calculations and that can not be removed

on other things i would need to know what other players think of so i can approve it for myself,otherwise it is not possible !

Dec 10, 2020, 13:5612/10/20
Dec 10, 2020, 13:58(edited)
07/10/14

That is why I wrote the thread. See if there is any common ground amongst players as to things that could be removed from the game with little issue.

So far no-one seems particularly distressed by the idea of removing some of the troop types from the game. They can buff your single troop army but other than that are of little use.

Idk whether removing movement animiations would speed the game up or not - but no one seems that fussed about those either (I don't remember the last time I used the map tbh).

I agree that being able to see hamlets on the map is pretty useful. I wouldn't want to lose that ability and only have the eagle's nest to go by.

The troop thing I suspect would be huge. It's not just for battles that troop power needs to be calculated. There are so many UI screens where troop power is shown that power calculations must be made over an over again all the time. If you halved the troop types, you'd halve the total amount of calculations (more so for legendaries, where the calculation of the bonuses is tricky). It wouln't suprise me that halving troop types would take 20%+ of calculations off the server.

Dec 10, 2020, 20:2312/10/20
12/22/14

I'd say the number of people who won't be able to use the app will do the heavy lifting when it comes to taking stress off the servers. 

Dec 11, 2020, 11:0012/11/20
08/09/15

its heart breaking

aside from chromebook and a suchs..

senior players who are not good working with computers...

if HTML5 does not work i fear ill lose so many friend...