All Categories

Error 00000

Error 00000

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 4, 2020, 10:2806/04/20
11/11/16

Error 00000

I am posting this error here, because I guess it's not a bug, as it only appears under certain conditions. If I open the chat from the computer with Windows, both from the browser and from the app, everything is ok. If instead I open it from my linux computer (if needed I can specify which linux model) it does this. I don't know why. The same happens on the date of the reports. It's not just about Stormfall Age of War, because I also play Sparta and have the same problem. Tips from linux players? Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Jun 4, 2020, 10:3906/04/20
02/22/19

Hello my Lord, interesting...on my Plarium Play works fine (windows10)...

Jun 4, 2020, 22:5706/04/20
Jun 4, 2020, 23:07(edited)
09/22/16

Dede said:

I am posting this error here, because I guess it's not a bug, as it only appears under certain conditions. If I open the chat from the computer with Windows, both from the browser and from the app, everything is ok. If instead I open it from my linux computer (if needed I can specify which linux model) it does this. I don't know why. The same happens on the date of the reports. It's not just about Stormfall Age of War, because I also play Sparta and have the same problem. Tips from linux players? Thanks

Hello Dede...

This is a flash error.. you may be using a flash version that is out of date.

Check the version you are using directly with Adobe ,, just do a Google search for "verify flash" the url will begin helpx.adobe.com

IF you are using Google Chrome then you have an issue with the browser as Chrome should update flash automatically but if it is not then you may need to update to the newest version of Chrome... or better still - switch browser.

IF you are using firefox with standard flash - then switch to using pepperflash ... instructions here...

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/196350_linux-users-guide-to-stormfall/?post=778241

Jun 7, 2020, 09:1706/07/20
11/11/16

Tids said:

Dede said:

Hello Dede...

This is a flash error.. you may be using a flash version that is out of date.

Check the version you are using directly with Adobe ,, just do a Google search for "verify flash" the url will begin helpx.adobe.com

IF you are using Google Chrome then you have an issue with the browser as Chrome should update flash automatically but if it is not then you may need to update to the newest version of Chrome... or better still - switch browser.

IF you are using firefox with standard flash - then switch to using pepperflash ... instructions here...

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/196350_linux-users-guide-to-stormfall/?post=778241

Hi, I use google chrome (chromium). On the flash player verification site, if I enable it, I see the clouds moving, so it seems to work well. I will try to use firefox, but I have firefox ESR, because I don't have ubuntu, but raspbian. However it's not a big problem, just a little annoying.

Jun 7, 2020, 09:1906/07/20
11/11/16

Mic999 said:

Hello my Lord, interesting...on my Plarium Play works fine (windows10)...

Hi, sorry for the problems with the translation, but I said that from the app on windows it works very well, I have problems with LINUX, not windows

MicModerator
Jun 7, 2020, 09:4206/07/20
02/22/19
Hello again , i asked around  , seems that is an error from flash player  on LINUX
Jun 10, 2020, 11:4706/10/20
09/22/16
Dede said:

Hi, I use google chrome (chromium). On the flash player verification site, if I enable it, I see the clouds moving, so it seems to work well. I will try to use firefox, but I have firefox ESR, because I don't have ubuntu, but raspbian. However it's not a big problem, just a little annoying.

You can always download Firefox directly from Mozilla... it'll be a stand alone app.. so just unzip and it's ready to go.. no need to use ESR.. BUT you will need to install the Freshplayer plugin as well if you want to use pepperflash (which I would recommend)
Jun 10, 2020, 11:5706/10/20
09/22/16
Mic999 said:

Hello again , i asked around  , seems that is an error from flash player  on LINUX
Yes it is .. when you see this happen it means the flash version you are using is out of date .. for some reason it only affects linux users
Jun 12, 2020, 16:3906/12/20
11/11/16

Tids said:

Dede said:

You can always download Firefox directly from Mozilla... it'll be a stand alone app.. so just unzip and it's ready to go.. no need to use ESR.. BUT you will need to install the Freshplayer plugin as well if you want to use pepperflash (which I would recommend)

Hi, sorry but I'm not very familiar with linux. I have always used windows, but for a couple of months now I have been forced to use linux. The point is that I DO NOT HAVE UBUNTU, but I have RASPBIAN (a system that fits Raspberry Pi). How do I use firefox NON ESR? How do I download firefox directly from mozzilla (what is the difference between firefox and mozzilla?) If I try to do as in your guide, adding "sudo" at the beginning of each line to avoid saying "permission denied" , it seems to do everything, but if I open it from firefox the game won't start. Also, I don't have a reposity, or rather, it's very different (and worse) than the one on UBUNTU. Nothing changes to me if chromium or firefox, as long as I can view it correctly (it is not a problem of some last game update, because it is from January that gives me this problem, only that before I did not use the raspberry for Stormfall ). Also, your point B I don't particularly mind (I'm talking about your guide) but I haven't found any emulator for raspberry pi, if not QEMU, that I don't now how to install. I had also installed UBUNTU on the raspberry following a guide, but when I tried to install VIRTUALBOX (the best emulator in my opinion) it gave me some problems, including an error that said that virtualbox is for AMD64 cpu, not for ARM (the CPU of the raspberry). Is there a solution? (It is quite annoying to have to open Puffin by phone when I want to know what time a beacon was stolen). I can provide all kinds of screenshots if it can be useful. Thanks for your time and patience.

Jun 14, 2020, 16:5706/14/20
Jun 14, 2020, 17:03(edited)
09/22/16

Hi Dede..

Ok ... raspbian is a debian-based linux distro .. so ubuntu instructions and apps (apt) are valid for raspbian as well.

You can download a stand-alone version of Firefox directly from www.mozilla.org ... it will be a zipped file known as a tarball (tar.bz2). Once downloaded, right-click on the tarball and select 'extract here' and a folder should appear called firefox. This folder will contain the browser and everything it needs to run without accessing your system files - hence stand-alone (everything except flash, of course)

Pepperflash will only work in Firefox IF you have the freshplayer plugin which should be available from the rasbian repository (repo). If it is not available (or you can't find it) then you cannot use pepperflash so you will have to use the ordinary flash for firefox i.e. npapi .. not as good, but it will do. Just select the apt version for debian/ubuntu at the Adobe flash download site if this is what you need to do.. it should auto-install.

FYI - later this year (october most likely) I will post full instructions for Chromium - this may be better for you as it does not need any plugin to run pepperflash...

Lastly - sudo will only work if it has been set-up correctly on your system. Personally, I never bother with sudo - it is too much hassle.. it is easier to sign in as root user (command is 'su' ... then enter the admin/root password) this changes the prompt from $ to #. Just remember to sign out 'root' when you are finished by typing 'exit' at the #.

P.S. Mozilla is the name of the organisation - Firefox is the name of their product, the browser

Jun 15, 2020, 07:3506/15/20
11/11/16

Tids said:

Hi Dede..

Ok ... raspbian is a debian-based linux distro .. so ubuntu instructions and apps (apt) are valid for raspbian as well.

You can download a stand-alone version of Firefox directly from www.mozilla.org ... it will be a zipped file known as a tarball (tar.bz2). Once downloaded, right-click on the tarball and select 'extract here' and a folder should appear called firefox. This folder will contain the browser and everything it needs to run without accessing your system files - hence stand-alone (everything except flash, of course)

Pepperflash will only work in Firefox IF you have the freshplayer plugin which should be available from the rasbian repository (repo). If it is not available (or you can't find it) then you cannot use pepperflash so you will have to use the ordinary flash for firefox i.e. npapi .. not as good, but it will do. Just select the apt version for debian/ubuntu at the Adobe flash download site if this is what you need to do.. it should auto-install.

FYI - later this year (october most likely) I will post full instructions for Chromium - this may be better for you as it does not need any plugin to run pepperflash...

Lastly - sudo will only work if it has been set-up correctly on your system. Personally, I never bother with sudo - it is too much hassle.. it is easier to sign in as root user (command is 'su' ... then enter the admin/root password) this changes the prompt from $ to #. Just remember to sign out 'root' when you are finished by typing 'exit' at the #.

P.S. Mozilla is the name of the organisation - Firefox is the name of their product, the browser

Thank you so much for the explanation and for the time spent. I'll try in a few hours and I'll be able to tell you.

Jun 15, 2020, 09:1606/15/20
11/11/16

Tids said:

Hi Dede..

Hi, I was trying now. Once I downloaded the "firefox-77.0.1.tar.bz2" file, I extracted it and got a folder called "firefox". And then? How do I install it? So, I don't have a password for the root user, because (I searched the Internet) to have the root user you have to edit the "config" file which, to be honest, I would prefer not to touch, also because I installed Raspbian from noobs and I would not like problems to arise and therefore raspberrypi does not turn on (I know that it would be enough to format the map and reinstall noobs, but now I don't have a pc to do on). Thanks again for your time, but I don't have much experience with Linux.

Jun 15, 2020, 16:2206/15/20
09/22/16

Hi Dede

The file you downloaded from Mozilla is stand-alone... no installation is required.. open the folder and look for the file named 'Firefox' .. then double click on it or right-click and run ... the Firefox (version 77.0.1) browser window will open .. it is that simple

It sounds as though the raspbian repo will make finding the freshplayer plugin difficult... so terminal commands are unecessary at this stage. Resetting the root password is not so difficult .. if you need to know how let me know via pm and I'll guide you though it - but at this stage - it will be enough to run firefox and visit adobe then install ordinary flash ' apt for Debian/Ubuntu'.. it will self install and you'll be good to go.
Aug 7, 2020, 09:4308/07/20
11/11/16

Hi, I write here after solving ... With firefox I don't know why but it doesn't work, but I thought about installing puffin for raspberry and flash also works perfectly ... just put the "desktop site" mode like in that on android and then it works ... Thanks anyway for the help TIDS ...

Aug 8, 2020, 10:1708/08/20
08/09/15

thanks for a great tutorial tids

nice explanation