All Categories

Attacking players with a much lower level..

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 2, 2020, 16:1506/02/20
11/14/16

I have a question about this topic, I was raided by a player at level 132, HeadGames is 68 and he had no idea who I was so that's not the reason. He said its for easy PVP and if I didn't like it he can just blacklist me.

This same player has also raided a player in my league level 49 that has been playing for only a short time and they haven't logged in since the attack. This was an attack at 90 levels lower than his BTW.

Not sure if I can post his name but he has a "ReallyCoolName" and is a "Rebel" of a player, do I have any recourse? Can plarium do something or is this just the way it is?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 2, 2020, 17:0806/02/20
Jun 2, 2020, 17:09(edited)
08/09/15

in my idea this is okay,i mean higher levels attacking lower players !

1.there is a force limit (250k) on attacking castles,there is non on reinforcements.also when it comes down to force limit ,level of a player means nothing,i've seen players lvl 80 having that much offense

2.if this was a hamlet,a lower lvl player surely would be in a disadvantage,for which reason plarium fixed hamlet levels,which makes it so only players of the same level range can attack each other

3.also as i said before,a castle can be reinforced with so many players,can be attacked only by one,and only with a limited army .defender is in a league which has league mates who can reinforce so much even a full eldritch hammer could fail

4.there are many other factors affecting the player defending,making it much harder for attacker

disadvantage a: most these attacks have to be a raid and not a siege

disadvantage b: castle walls drastically increase defense power of units ! so one unit of urs,can be working instead of 4.5

disadvantage c: if u know a player,u can always draw their pattern map

there are many more,i cant remember,but anyways

combine these factors and no high level cant attack any castle.

Jun 2, 2020, 17:1806/02/20
Jun 2, 2020, 17:19(edited)
11/14/16

I see your point here fURY, my biggest concern is this player who hasn't come back. I don't know if they lost everything or what? They are just gone now after this.

But you are right about the defense to a point, that is if someone played long enough to have walls and in a league big enough to actually provide the defense. There are many players in small leagues who could lose an entire leagues defense trying such a thing. This is not about balance, this is about the play-ability of the game.

I do believe it is worth discussing.
Jun 2, 2020, 17:3606/02/20
08/09/15

had an attacker ,a very big one,not talking about levels,a full eld woerian army !

people all were like hw can u let that player raid u this much. YOU !!! wont go into that !! 

any winning league gives around 3k saphs.it is possible to upgrade walls without even spending,but for the sake of argument ill set this aside

the higher the diference in attacker/defender force,the less units die ! a player,single player,attacks a member of a whole league,put enough defense in there and not only defending party would lose much that can not b recovered with a week or 2 of brawls but also kill everything of the attacker

caught that attacker of mine,finally, after a month, getting around 1.9 mil pvp in total,how much did i lose ? less than one k beast/cult

so in the end,i think level dsnt matter when it comes to a castle attack,no matter the level difference

but as u said,this is a very interesting topic,worth hearing others ideas and viewpoints
Jun 2, 2020, 17:3906/02/20
06/10/15

Hello and I understand you

For my part I recommend to my players not to attack levels below 25 or 30 levels (and that above levels 60) below we do not attack.

I think Plarium could do something about preventing it from attacking a level below 30 levels (unless this level attacks you first, it exists in hamlets)

The only concern is the level above 110 to 140 otherwise they have no one to attack LOL.

Admittedly, now, Plarium is not a philatropic enterprise and does everything to earn money :) therefore no interest for them to limit the attacks :))

Jun 2, 2020, 18:1306/02/20
11/14/16
Hi Michele, I also think 25 to 30 levels lower is fair sized window and yes players at 130 need to drop down a lot to have fun. But also like you I think attacking new players at such a low level should be prevented some how. I do not trust these ReallyCoolNames or players like that to be honorable and have good sportsmanship.
Jun 2, 2020, 18:5406/02/20
07/10/14

Ultimately this is a war game. Have to remember that.

I know plenty of people who will leave low level players alone. It's not in anyone best interest for long time player to annihilate new players. If we kill off all the new players then we will kill off the game as no one new will be around to replace the long term players leaving. And I think quite a lot of long term players would look down on a big player who only roamed the map looking to kill small players.

On the flip side the game is set up so you can avoid PvP if you want to. You can just stick your troops in the catacombs and no one can ever touch them. I guess your troop production can get killed but if you are active you can log in frequently and put it away. And losing a bit of resource is not a huge issue.

So the game somewhat covers the issue already. Also the game mechanics already have anti-bully build in given raids yield the same power loss to both sides. 

My conclusion would be that I would hope big players wouldn't bully new ones. But I wouldn't go as far as putting arbitrary level caps in the game to prevent it. As someone already pointed out, level isn't a great proxy for troop power.

Jun 2, 2020, 21:0206/02/20
11/14/16

I do understand most of your post YDOOM, except your use of proxy=proximity or proxy=using someone else to do your bidding.

If what you are saying is level isn't an indicator of power you are correct. It is an indicator of coin spent and time invested performing exp related task's. These 2 things are what one looks at when determining a players level as well as time spent playing the game as well as how their stats are distributed.. off, def, bg addict etc..

You cannot reach level 132 without spending a lot of time doing exp intensive actions or without coining. Not the kind of player someone who has never seen an ice dragon should be faced with. A player that hasn't broke the 1m powerpoint barrier yet.

Jun 3, 2020, 12:5406/03/20
02/22/16
I guess  The same could be said  for those that use  low level  castles to harass large castles  and therein is the crux the situation to prevent High level castles  from attacking should require the same in reverse.  I know of some that have their little or even large  swarm accounts that they use.  Exactly where do you propose to have the line drawn?  Find a proposal that you think will make it fair  and suggest it in the suggestion area of the forum where the Community can vote on it. 
Jun 4, 2020, 09:3306/04/20
Jun 18, 2020, 14:27(edited)
11/11/16

Hi, I agree that it can be frustrating to be attacked from much higher levels. I personally am raided at least 2 times a month, from higher levels than me, without giant armies but with friends, so if I leave out of the units, I defeat him but if I don't play then I will destroy myself much more powerful players. It has been happening for a year. I haven't stopped playing and I won't stop. It is not a problem to be raided, even if it takes 50k of food, with all the castles to be raided that are near me it is not a problem. The real problem is if you forget about the units. My advice (obviously personal, I don't expect anyone to approve, but that's what I will do / would do) is to always keep all the units in the catacombs, if you are in a large coven then get along and go and raid it. If, on the other hand, to good friends who do not want to look for problems, you decide one day (it has already been recommended to you) to prepare a "trick" for your opponent. Remember that every 100 defense points of the castle you have 1% more, so hurry up to a good percentage. Remember also that you can revive up to 30% of the defense that dies by defending yourself. Infone I agree that the level does not necessarily represent the power of a player, but in my opinion it is still a good indicator. I hope I have helped you.

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 7, 2020, 19:3006/07/20
10/04/13
YDoom said:

Ultimately this is a war game. Have to remember that.

I know plenty of people who will leave low level players alone. It's not in anyone best interest for long time player to annihilate new players. If we kill off all the new players then we will kill off the game as no one new will be around to replace the long term players leaving. And I think quite a lot of long term players would look down on a big player who only roamed the map looking to kill small players.

On the flip side the game is set up so you can avoid PvP if you want to. You can just stick your troops in the catacombs and no one can ever touch them. I guess your troop production can get killed but if you are active you can log in frequently and put it away. And losing a bit of resource is not a huge issue.

So the game somewhat covers the issue already. Also the game mechanics already have anti-bully build in given raids yield the same power loss to both sides. 

My conclusion would be that I would hope big players wouldn't bully new ones. But I wouldn't go as far as putting arbitrary level caps in the game to prevent it. As someone already pointed out, level isn't a great proxy for troop power.

Yep, catacombs are your best friend.  The big players will quickly get bored and go hit somebody else if you don't leave stuff out for them to kill.  
Jun 7, 2020, 20:1606/07/20
08/09/15
YDoom said:

what now  u wont even use my name  ?
Jun 8, 2020, 01:3806/08/20
11/14/16

I must agree here, no reason for an arbitrary cap like the silly hamlets have.

So all you can do really is create a thread for discussion, point said player out to the community and once the thread gains traction send the link to their Marshal so they know exactly how this player represents their league on the battlefield. 

How funny, this is exactly what I have done. 

Jun 9, 2020, 08:1106/09/20
05/15/16
Get used to putting your troops to bed every time you go away. You can load up your battle groups to fight from the same window. Make it a habit, especially if you are going to be away for a while. Spend your rez. Don't leave them much. The biggest drag is your Weor's temple getting down graded if you don't have a lot of 12 hour boosts. If that happens, you can use your help button too to have your league mates shorten the restore time. Keep your Paragon active and level it up as much as you can. At different levels it gives you the option to have your trained units go directly to your cats. Me personally, I don't really attack anybody. If I want a few PvP points for a tourney or quest, I throw some troops into the Hamlets. For raids I stay away from badged castles and watch their levels for a bit, doing my best to only raid NPCs. Bottom line it's a war game and as such, we really have no real right to expect to go unmolested by anyone, regardless of their rank.
Jun 10, 2020, 06:0006/10/20
Jun 10, 2020, 06:01(edited)
01/08/20

Sticky said:

Get used to putting your troops to bed every time you go away. You can load up your battle groups to fight from the same window. Make it a habit, especially if you are going to be away for a while. Spend your rez. Don't leave them much. The biggest drag is your Weor's temple getting down graded if you don't have a lot of 12 hour boosts. If that happens, you can use your help button too to have your league mates shorten the restore time. Keep your Paragon active and level it up as much as you can. At different levels it gives you the option to have your trained units go directly to your cats. Me personally, I don't really attack anybody. If I want a few PvP points for a tourney or quest, I throw some troops into the Hamlets. For raids I stay away from badged castles and watch their levels for a bit, doing my best to only raid NPCs. Bottom line it's a war game and as such, we really have no real right to expect to go unmolested by anyone, regardless of their rank.

And how does all that relate to the original question? Sure you and the other guy saying "it's a war game" base your claims on anything else than subtile of the game?

You know....your "truly unlimited internet connection" isn't really meant for spamming forums....
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 14, 2020, 06:0506/14/20
10/04/13
Megan Leigh said:

Sticky said:

And how does all that relate to the original question? Sure you and the other guy saying "it's a war game" base your claims on anything else than subtile of the game?

You know....your "truly unlimited internet connection" isn't really meant for spamming forums....
It's good advice.  This is a war game, just have to accept that sometimes people may hit you and be prepared.  Plarium isn't going to stop somebody from attacking him in game just because he doesn't like it.  (if they do let me know, I'd like them to stop people from hitting my beacons too)
Jun 18, 2020, 13:5906/18/20
Jun 18, 2020, 14:03(edited)
10/27/16

Just catacomb troops and quit whining about level, level is nothing in this game, if someone raid you every day save up some saps, build some CDB, join a big league and trap them, plenty of big leagues around that will help you. Or you can always play farmeville instead, this is the most hardcore game in the world, take it or leave it.

And there are plenty of saviors of the galaxy around wanting to trap these bastards, cause that is what they are, crying about it will do nothing though, work hard and kill them.

And for the Record that guy whit a cool name he dont have many troops, I kick his behind from time to time.
Jun 25, 2020, 11:2606/25/20
10/31/14

Server 1 is a huge mess, and it could collapse if this issue is not addressed. I do understand that this is a war game. But the lifeblood of every game its new players. When a major league sees nothing wrong with actively hunting down new players for PvP points to a point of actively defend this activity.

Server 2 instituted this policy of not attacking players that are 20 levels below your level. Maybe this could help.

Jun 25, 2020, 12:0006/25/20
02/22/16

The major trouble with limiting the ability to attack troops under 20 levels it that will allow those with many Alt accounts to harass higher accounts with impunity if they are at a low enough level.  I think that if players learn to catty their troops and Keep their Resources spent down before you log out it will take away incentive to be attacked. Don't  get too aggressive at the start and provoke castles above their ability to compete against will have a positive result.  

This is a war game and using bad strategy at the start will attract bad outcomes. 

I do not see server 1 as ready to collapse or as Being a Huge mess.

But that's a completely different topic and maybe should be discussed in it's own Topic rather than to talk about it here and Hijack the Topic the original poster started 
Jun 25, 2020, 14:0806/25/20
10/31/14

Wesley Pringle said:

The major trouble with limiting the ability to attack troops under 20 levels it that will allow those with many Alt accounts to harass higher accounts with impunity if they are at a low enough level.  I think that if players learn to catty their troops and Keep their Resources spent down before you log out it will take away incentive to be attacked. Don't  get too aggressive at the start and provoke castles above their ability to compete against will have a positive result.  

This is a war game and using bad strategy at the start will attract bad outcomes. 

I do not see server 1 as ready to collapse or as Being a Huge mess.

But that's a completely different topic and maybe should be discussed in it's own Topic rather than to talk about it here and Hijack the Topic the original poster started 

I am just giving an output from what I observed. I started some castles to complete that house of unity thing, and I  interacted with new players who told me their experience. This is concerning, new players are actively hunted down. I didn't mean to hijack the post. But I think many have failed to grasp the real issue here. A syndicate is hunting down new players.

Now to explain the point I raised about server 2. What happens is that a player is not allowed to attack a player who is 20 level below him. For example, a player of level 80 can't attack a player of level 59. When provoked, all bets are off. So if a level 59 attacks a level 80 settlement, for example, the level 80 can attack back. This restriction do not apply once a castle in past level 80/85. 

I think leagues in server 1 should consider this. It's not a perfect system as you mentioned but it did wonders in server 2. It should be given some thought in server 1.