All Categories

New Event Clarification

New Event Clarification

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 16, 2020, 11:5605/16/20
09/19/14

New Event Clarification

Not sure from the in-game wording how the new Lunar event works.Have asked around a number of players but no one seems to definitely know how it works.

Are the completion rewards you have earned only available if you buy the lunar item? 

Today I noticed that all the decent rewards in the completion section have a little yellow lock on them (the holy bonds basically). I am starting to think you can't collect the rewards you have earned, simply by just completing the quests.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 16, 2020, 21:3005/16/20
May 17, 2020, 11:28(edited)
02/28/16

you have to buy lunar card to get all rewards

[Edited] This is a warning. Please don't use abusive language on our forum. Thanks.

BiohazarDModerator
May 17, 2020, 05:4605/17/20
10/04/13
Kings Guard said:

Not sure from the in-game wording how the new Lunar event works.Have asked around a number of players but no one seems to definitely know how it works.

Are the completion rewards you have earned only available if you buy the lunar item? 

Today I noticed that all the decent rewards in the completion section have a little yellow lock on them (the holy bonds basically). I am starting to think you can't collect the rewards you have earned, simply by just completing the quests.

You can get some of them for free just by completing the tasks, the ones listed on the purchase option will only be available if you buy it.  
May 17, 2020, 16:0805/17/20
08/09/15

if we are talking about balance,this event will be very helpful for everyone

1.we will be paid for what we usually do.and not in some useless things.all the good ones.it is very non coiner friendly e.g. just in champion part of moon quest we will be paid a 7 days autohunt activator, 78 energy recharges, 2 holy bonds, 3 grade 4 orbs,3 grade 5 orbs. this is a monthly quest.it will bring more balance to the game. a 7 days activator here,7 days in imperial royalty roll and a 7 days activator befor or along the champion tournament. a very good front to the balance of the game !!! the gap between buyers and non buyers will be much less than it used to,at least in brawls and other important events 

2. if we are to talk about it in terms of money,the purchase,the cash has to be spent is much less than a usual pack, the part of category completion which has to be paid for,compare it to a champion pack,and u will notice how much cheaper it is 

3.it will increase the activity rate of the leagues,sme or even more might argue on this taking longer time,but will it really ? 

a monthly event, each event categorized,BGs, champions and so on ! we have 4 weeks to complete each part,what we usually do anyways

to sum it up this Quest will make the game a more fun activity and will decrease the imbalance caused by so many other features patched to the game

enjoy,

May 17, 2020, 16:5205/17/20
02/28/16
fURY said:

bla bla bla bla
pls go shill somewhere else
May 18, 2020, 10:5705/18/20
02/22/16

Silverhand said:

fURY said:

bla bla bla bla

Fury  is welcomed to use this forum. His  posting does not Break any rules  

However  these rules were Broken with your Posting I suggest you read the forum rules so that  you may avoid a banning in the future.

General rules 1.2 b. is rude or offensive in nature, including but not limited to: personal attacks, name-calling, cursing/foul language, and cyber-bullying.

1.2 c. constitutes trolling. Trolling is defined as the posting of one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks, intentionally starting arguments or upsetting others, posting inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response, or otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion.

1.2 d. insultingly refers to other characters, players, or groups of people, be they in-game or external.

May 18, 2020, 12:2505/18/20
May 18, 2020, 12:34(edited)
09/19/14

Someone decided to give me a load of nice PvP on Sunday so I maxed the PvP quests. So I can see for myself that the rewards with little locks on them can't be claimed without buying the item. You do have to buy the rewards you have earned.

I don't think it needs to be discussed much tbh. It's horrible optics. What it says about Plarium and the game is pretty self evident. No matter what spinning people do here, players aren't gonna miss what it s says and means.

What might be worth saying is that treating the game so cynically probably does maximise their short term profit. 

The people that were most upset about the complete lack of balance and super aggressive pay to win model have already left. The people that remain are either big coiners who like it like that way, or people that are gonna stick here regardless due to other factors like community or relationships. So they probably can treat the remaining ppl as badly as they like and we will suck it up.

But long term?

I am not going to quit now, will see it through to the bitter end. But I will NEVER EVER play another Plarium game seeing how they treated this one. The brand is TOXIC to me now. 

I should have another 30 years of gaming in me spending $4/5k a year on the hobby. That makes me worth about $150k. They had me hooked in and attracted to their brand at one point. Then they threw that all away. There is no way that is good long term business.

And while the market as whole servers up very little good quality as pretty much all of it has been poisoned by micro transactions (especially the RTS ones), it might appear that there are few decent options to move to. We do actually still have choices. And those are other forms of entertainment, 

There is still significant competition, even if it's not within the actual direct MMO market. That $4/5k gaming hobby has almost exclusively flipped from MMO's to single player / Steam games over the last 2/3 years. And if those start becoming over price money grabbing garbage as well then the money will simply flip to other forms of entertainment outside of games. There are actually a lot of decent indie games atm though where the love of passion shines through in the games themselves.

So that is why it is both possible for them to be maximising profitability (short term) while actually also killing profitability (long term).

May 18, 2020, 20:4605/18/20
08/09/15
Silverhand said:

fURY said:

bla bla bla bla
i just see u here  have i ruined ur time here in forum or in the game that each time i see u,u do ur usual trolling 
May 18, 2020, 21:0305/18/20
08/09/15

Kings Guard said:

in regrads to every thing u said kings guard

in order for a hypotheses to become a valid theory,all u need to do is just test it ! i've said this many times . i understand ur points. but u need to weigh in all the factors 

first about pvp category part. ur assumption is not correct.u said u had luck and killed a whole lot of units right ? but in reality u didnt have to.i got around 1 mil in pvp.i had reinforcement ,10 units from my alt in my main and my alt got the pvp category completed too.much like mareth quest this moon quest dsnt require the account claiming all the pvp,same rules apply !

champion category- 5 epic bonds and 7 days activators are given for doing what we usually do- 2 holy bonds and 3 grade 5 orbs also can be claimed by getting 3 grade 4s and one grade 5 champions.which everyone,at least most should be able to,dnt forget this is a monthly quest.u will be able to receive many bonds for free during events

what events ? 

u open epic bonds ( 3 grade 4 required for a holy in one stage in moon quest) u receive holy bonds 

u open these holy bonds u receive holy bonds again from moon quests

see each of these events and quest will contribute in helping non buying players much more than before

its way more game balancing

events and quests and loyalty rolls making it easy for players like us.like autohunt activators i formerly mentioned...

in the end, in my idea, this will help alot of players

May 19, 2020, 01:3005/19/20
May 19, 2020, 01:34(edited)
09/19/14

fURY said:

in order for a hypotheses to become a valid theory,all u need to do is just test it ! i've said this many times . i understand ur points. but u need to weigh in all the factors 

I don't think you intended it but what you posted is incredibly rude and patronising.

Apparently my thoughts are nothing by theories. Presumably yours are proven and "correct". I need to weight all factors..... what makes you think I haven't? And then you have told my stupid self this many timers before (I have only made 10 posts and never posted before on this issue).

It's a bit ironic you said you understand my point.... and then posted a load of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted at all.

I offered no opinion on whether the event was easy or difficult.

I offered no opinion on whether there were good rewards in it or not

I didn't even offer an opinion on whether overall I thought it was "good" or "beneficial to me" overall.

What I said was that the success of maximising short term profit is fooling much of the industry into thinking they are doing great business when they are probably actually shooting their long term profitability in the foot. 

To back this up I provided an explanation of my potential value as a customer. I explained how much they have lost out in attracting me to their brand (which is expensive in marketing cost) and then losing me as a customer to their brand forever due to the over monitisation and lack of value. I could have been a loyal customer who tried out all their future new games (and at zero marketing cost to them, just a simple cross sell).

And what lead me to provide that insight was the utter cynicism of an event where to claim all the rewards you have earned requires you to buy a shop only item.

You might like the event because its quite easy and you get some stuff. That is fine, good to hear. None of that is in any way relevant to the point I posted.

May 19, 2020, 11:0305/19/20
02/22/16

As with all updates  Some will like  some parts and others will not  that is a given !

I didn't see any intent of rudeness all I saw a person stating their opinion.

As for the  rewards  Yes  not all  it appears can  be earned without buying into the Package.

But I don't really see what the problem Is  If they weren't buying into these rewards a spending Player would be Buying something else.

I think the point that was trying to be Made is that without this event non paying players would not have any extra  chances to advance.

As I often say some of something is better than all of nothing . 

Please enjoy your Games everyone :) 
May 19, 2020, 16:3705/19/20
08/09/15

Kings Guard said:

fURY said:

I don't think you intended it but what you posted is incredibly rude and patronising.

i dnt understand sarcasm and i dnt speak sarcastically .english is not even my second language,a foreign language for me.im glad u've noticed that it wasnt my intention to be rude or patronizing

to me it just seems like so much free gifts for free,and even the ones that have to be purchased are much cheaper than other similar category offers

still,in the end ,apologies if it came off as trying to be rude,wasn't trying to 

BiohazarDModerator
May 22, 2020, 19:1805/22/20
10/04/13
fURY said:

Kings Guard said:

fURY said:

i dnt understand sarcasm and i dnt speak sarcastically .english is not even my second language,a foreign language for me.im glad u've noticed that it wasnt my intention to be rude or patronizing

to me it just seems like so much free gifts for free,and even the ones that have to be purchased are much cheaper than other similar category offers

still,in the end ,apologies if it came off as trying to be rude,wasn't trying to 

Yeah, 2 holy bonds, 3 grade V orbs, 100 gargs and a bunch of other stuff for $30 isn't a bad deal.  It's cheaper than you'd get in the normal packages anyways, and most of the tasks are stuff you'd do over the course of a month without even trying if you're an active player.