Fash ( 2020 )

Fash ( 2020 )

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 17, 2019, 00:1809/17/19
06/22/18

Fash ( 2020 )

Hello,

I have a question about flash for 2020. Will we recover our Facebook account in December 2020 with all the benefits and troops? I spent money on the game and I ask myself the question "Do I have to keep investing on the game?"

Ps : I'm french, i translate with google. The french forum is dead.
Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Sep 17, 2019, 09:0709/17/19
02/22/19

Hello Lord DARKBLOUND , 

The answer is yes, you will still have your benefits and your troops , the only thing which is change is that you will play on Facebook gameroom,  hoping that the Facebook will   improve it much more and make it more better for the Stormfall and the other Plarium's games !

I wish you a good game , and good battles !
MicModerator
Sep 17, 2019, 09:5809/17/19
Sep 17, 2019, 09:59(edited)
02/22/19

Hello SIR DAN SAUL Knight , i am afraid you didn't read with attention all the article about , so i will copy/paste for you here  :

In2016, Adobe announced that they would stop developing Flash. By December 2020, Flash will no longer be supported by any web browser. As many of you know, most of Plarium’s strategy games run on the Flash engine. If the browsers block Flash, it would spell the end of an incredible gaming community. It would be a disaster, and we’re not about to let it happen.

Adobe suggested we transfer our games from Flash to WebGL to avoid the problem entirely. As an experiment, we began to transfer one of our games - Sparta: War of Empires - to WebGL in the middle of 2016.

It took 2 years, and the results were disappointing. The WebGL engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. After 3 years of awesome gameplay, players had come to expect more. WebGL would not do!

Our top priority was, and will always be, the development of high-quality games for our players. WebGL was unacceptable, so we built an alternative: Plarium Play, an independent desktop application. It enables us to safely and reliably use Flash even after Adobe stops supporting the engine. It’s convenient for you, it’s convenient for us, and it’s already the solution being implemented by others facing this problem.

What does this mean?

Chrome will support Flash till the end of 2020. We recommend switching to Chrome if your browser cuts support early.

Players who are currently playing on plarium.com should switch directly to Plarium Play as soon as possible.

Players who are using facebook.com should switch to Facebook’s Gameroom application.

Other social platforms hosting our games are currently developing desktop applications. Once those are out, you should switch over.

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

We want to assure you that our strategy games will keep using Flash. Our best developers will continue working on improving the game quality, adding new content, and implementing new features to provide you with the best game experience. We will also continue collecting feedback from our gaming community so we can create a perfect game together.

Thank you for sticking with us. We will keep you updated!

Plarium Team

Sep 17, 2019, 13:5109/17/19
06/22/18

Hello MIC999,

Thank you. Do you confirm that in January 2021 we will still have access to our Stormfall account that we currently own with the gameroom app? Are you 100% sure or not sure? I prefer to be certain that to be disappointed to see in 2021 the game closed and waste time, sorry if I have it repeated, but I want to be 100% certain that the game will continue worked

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:5109/19/19
10/04/13
darkblound said:

Hello MIC999,

Thank you. Do you confirm that in January 2021 we will still have access to our Stormfall account that we currently own with the gameroom app? Are you 100% sure or not sure? I prefer to be certain that to be disappointed to see in 2021 the game closed and waste time, sorry if I have it repeated, but I want to be 100% certain that the game will continue worked

That is what plarium have stated, that all players will have access to their accounts through the plarium app.  
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 20, 2019, 09:1909/20/19
05/21/19

darkblound said:

Hello MIC999,

Hello!

Adding a bit on this topic, all players from Facebook will be able to access their accounts via Facebook Gameroom (currently, Windows users only) and all players from Plarium.com will be able to access their accounts via Plarium Play app (Windows and Mac users only).

Let me know if any questions, please. Cheers!
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2019, 15:3409/24/19
10/04/13
Alina said:

darkblound said:

Hello MIC999,

Hello!

Adding a bit on this topic, all players from Facebook will be able to access their accounts via Facebook Gameroom (currently, Windows users only) and all players from Plarium.com will be able to access their accounts via Plarium Play app (Windows and Mac users only).

Let me know if any questions, please. Cheers!
Good to have confirmation from Plarium, thanks for clearing that up!  
Sep 25, 2019, 10:4209/25/19
02/22/16
Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

Alina said:

Adding a bit on this topic, all players from Facebook will be able to access their accounts via Facebook Gameroom (currently, Windows users only)..........

When is this advice valid?

The implication in the post is post Dec 2020. Is that what you are saying (completely contrary to Facebook's statements)? 

Or is this advice as to how best to continue playing accessing the game up to Dec 2020
The post above states after 2020
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.