one Noticeable area to improve for the "non-coiners"

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 10, 2019, 17:0804/10/19
04/16/16

one Noticeable area to improve for the "non-coiners"

We get Brawl points for hitting a BattleGrounds or Stoneheart BattleGrounds

But there points given for killing Balur's units only in the Beacons

But every Beacon is Lvl 5 and there are only a few leagues that hold on the Beacons on Untamed Lands...

So they just sit there and hold them and reap the points when Balur attacks...

Why not give Brawl points for killing Balur's troops in the BattleGround's ??

For those of us who have no chance of hitting a Beacon... much less holding it long enough for Balur to attack, when there are BIG COINERS holding them all ??

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 10, 2019, 21:0904/10/19
10/04/13

Jelly Baby said:

We get Brawl points for hitting a BattleGrounds or Stoneheart BattleGrounds

But there points given for killing Balur's units only in the Beacons

But every Beacon is Lvl 5 and there are only a few leagues that hold on the Beacons on Untamed Lands...

So they just sit there and hold them and reap the points when Balur attacks...

Why not give Brawl points for killing Balur's troops in the BattleGround's ??

For those of us who have no chance of hitting a Beacon... much less holding it long enough for Balur to attack, when there are BIG COINERS holding them all ??

At least there's finally some reward for holding beacons.  The amount of points you get from killing balur's troops in beacons is extremely small compared to what you would get from killing them in bgs (since balur only hits beacons like twice a day and with very small armies each time, while you could have lots of players killing millions of balur's troops in bgs all at once).  If they did give points for killing balur's troops in bgs, it would have to be at a lot lower rate than you get for killing the same amount of troops on beacons, otherwise leagues would get so many points from doing bgs that none of the other point sources would matter (which is already pretty much how the xp tourneys end up working).  I think it's nice that different tournament types reward different activities.  

Btw if they did make the change you suggest it wouldn't end up mattering, the big coiners can do way more high level bgs than you anyways because they can afford to rebuy their army after losing it to bg tax, so they'd still win.  

Apr 11, 2019, 13:2604/11/19
04/16/16

BiohazarD said:

At least there's finally some reward for holding beacons.  

From whose perspective... the 10 or so leagues that hold EVERY Beacon ??

Maybe Plarium should look at this game from a new players perspective...  

There is too much happening to figure out how to play this game... and this is why they stop playing

Thank you as a Moderator for stating the obvious...  

99% of the game is controlled by Coiners     and     Non-Coiners have no chance at achieving anything meaningful out of this game

Apr 11, 2019, 16:4704/11/19
07/25/15
Jelly Baby said:

BiohazarD said:

At least there's finally some reward for holding beacons.  

From whose perspective... the 10 or so leagues that hold EVERY Beacon ??

Maybe Plarium should look at this game from a new players perspective...  

There is too much happening to figure out how to play this game... and this is why they stop playing

Thank you as a Moderator for stating the obvious...  

99% of the game is controlled by Coiners     and     Non-Coiners have no chance at achieving anything meaningful out of this game

That's not what stop the majority of new players that test out the game though. I don't what to point out the obvious in that, but it's something the game have in common with other games built on the same model. 
Apr 12, 2019, 00:2504/12/19
01/10/17

I thought the Brawl was an out standing way to get the league members to gather together and help each other gain some troops for doing the wide range of activities that not only strengthen their own Castle  get some pretty decent rewards while  building  league comraderies.  

But I'll leave this towel here for those that still seem to need  it 
Apr 13, 2019, 03:1904/13/19
07/26/15

I like the Brawl, but Jellybaby is right, with beacons its reaping a lot of points for each balur hit, my server has many empty level 1 beacons, if the level 1 beacons had a lot of balur troops in them the 1st kill at the start of the brawl tourney would reap 3k brawl points sometimes more, after that if the map was watched and balur level 1 beacons were killed every few hours the points was around 100 brawl points per kill

Battlegrounds worked different I found out through testing, to get brawl points from balur it wasnt much for just killing a battleground outright, large amounts of brawl points only happened when the battlegrounds paid out big in troops, watch for that 1 and if you didn't kill the battleground out right just weakened it you got no brawl points
Apr 14, 2019, 17:0204/14/19
09/29/16

Yes as DJM said, you do get points for killing Balur in both types of BG's.

It is listed under the "Get troops" task rewards.

I killed one level 126 BG which paid out 25K demons. This gave me something like 26K brawl points. (Cant remember the exact number).
Apr 15, 2019, 12:2404/15/19
03/05/19

djmoody said:

It ones of those times when you are torn between thinking that Plarium are utterly incompetent or just super amazingly at being utterly clever/ruthless with the extraction of money. 

There is no logic to including BG troop rewards as part of troop produciton tournaments. And doing so massively skews achievement in the tournament away from actual troop building to BG's. So it breaks the tournament relative to it's original objective / stated mechanic.

But on the flip slide, pushing people to do loss making BG's and watching them revive dead troops is probably one of the easiest ways to fleece brain dead coiners (I have spoken to a number of coiners who are convinved that BG's are profiable - because they can't tell the difference between the troops they are losing and the ones they are buying back).

Utter stupidity or genius. Really difficult to decide. Either way it makes mechanics which renders the actual tournaments as a competition redundant (no matter what the tourni it simply becomes who is stupid enough to cain more BG's for losses).

Hello! First of all, thank you for this feedback. I understand that your opinion of the points calculation in any tourney may differ from devs opinion. The tourney is new and I'm gathering the players' feedback about it. However, even if you don't like some things in the tournament it doesn't mean that you can use such a rude and offensive language in your posts. Please, read our forum rules one more time.

I'm afraid me or moderators will be forced to delete the next post from you if you don't change your style of communication. Also, you can be banned for some time in the forum, according to our forum rules.

I hope for your understanding in this matter.