All Categories

The Beacon Map

The Beacon Map

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 1, 2019, 07:5803/01/19
07/26/15

The Beacon Map

Hi there everyone, just out of interest ever since you all now have beacon force limits brought into your server, are there more beacons being held by other leagues outside of the large coiner based coalitions?
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 1, 2019, 13:4103/01/19
01/10/17

It appears that Beacons are much more active  that Is true.

But then again it's early days still. And no real incentive such as a Beacon Massacre Event has gone on since the Change  (unless I missed something )  

It will be interesting to see if this is the calm before the Stormfall

Mar 1, 2019, 13:4303/01/19
Mar 1, 2019, 13:45(edited)
12/09/17
Maybe on server 1 something changed. On server 3 its still the same, top guilds hold beacons, when theres opportunity beacons gets 100% wrecked, points achieved. I personally see it only good for coiners, non coiners in minor leagues can hardly hold any lv 5 beacon. Or they wont, the revive for their troops would be too great to ressurect and therefore nobody alone or in minor league wont hold any beacon. Too many coiners, too few non coiners hiding. The minor leagues will just have to wait better days or if their members transfer to some bigger league. PS. The rewards from beacon tournament are also terrible, maybe to up them to make people play more of that event? even max reward for that event is a complete joke for those points. You can see that only few manage to get to max points, as the loss of troops cant event cover 5% of max reward. So yeah, dont expect much active people in this event as usual.
Mar 4, 2019, 10:3603/04/19
Mar 4, 2019, 14:33(edited)
02/02/17

Server 2 has seen a lot of imbalance

Untamed Lands has 297 active leagues

9 of the top 10 leagues hold ALL of the available 114 Beacons

The top coiner league is holding 48 beacons, all level 5 .... almost half the map

Nobody else stands any chance of ever holding a beacon, and the frequency of Beacon and Fort Tournaments has increased dramatically
We no longer get weekend PvP Tournaments, just Beacon smashing to generate more profit for plarium

Farwol server is a disgrace  http://prntscr.com/mt08e8

and i don't think Dark Plains is any better   http://prntscr.com/mt2ci2

I don't see any improvements

150k Force Limit only helps the biggest coiner leagues

Mar 5, 2019, 10:2303/05/19
07/26/15

Sounds like server 2 and 3 need a lot more beacons added to the map with only 114 beacons on server 2 wow

My server there are almost 8000 beacons, we have a massive glut of them, many in the hands of balur and more than enough to go around every league even if they just owned 1 each but in saying that ofcourse most of the big coiner  leagues own the beachfront edges of the map, sometimes my league takes beacons up behind their beachfront just to make it a little messy looking for them lol

Our CM reads these threads too so hopefully they see your comments as well and improve your maps a lot more, coiner leagues can only hold so many beacons before their defense starts to run thin by having to spread it out over so many and also defending a fort if its not a safe level fort as well
Mar 7, 2019, 11:0903/07/19
07/26/15
Yes agree there DJ Moody, but in saying that the only way to beat a large dominating coiner league with beacon greed is to have many more beacons on the map, once they get over 60 beacons it is not easy to sucessfully defend them all