All Categories

The overworked Mage

The overworked Mage

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 24, 2018, 20:1609/24/18
08/21/14

The overworked Mage

In 2014, there was 1 craftman and 1 mage for 20 levels of construction and 20 levels of lost arts.   No problem.

Then, more craftsmen became available...and while expensive...once purchased, each craftsman was permanent.  This increased construction speed from x2 to x4, depending on how many you could afford.

Then, 12 levels of Lost Arts were added to all but 4 of the unit Lost Arts with completely unnecessary bonuses to troop power.   More Mages were...wait...no.   No more Mages were added, though a part time Mage was available on occasion using RWC (real world currency).

Around the same time, a few buildings received more levels of construction with completely unnecessary bonuses to troop power, though they required enormous amounts of sapphires to build.    At least there was a potential 4 full craftsmen available for one time sapphire purchases.

Later on, more building levels were added, along with troop experience levels and more completely unnecessary bonuses to troop power.   2 of these buildings required more than a year to upgrade....each.   Good thing up to 4 full time craftsmen were still available for 1 time sapphire purchases.

Recently, Spirit Wardens entered the realm of Stormfall, complete with their own Lost Arts.    More Mages were added...wait...no.   No more Mages were added, though the occasion part time Mage still came around asking for RWC.

Now, here comes Stoneheart Loft, complete with new buildings and a huge number of Lost Arts.   The poor craftsmen are going to be working overtime for years.   Good thing there is the potential to obtain 4 of them for a one time payment of sapphires, obtainable within the game....slow process...a little here and there...but obtainable, nonetheless.

The new Mages that were made available....wait....No.   No full time Mages are available.

There is STILL only ONE MAGE available to discover:

Original Lost Arts

12 additional levels of Lost Arts for all but 4 units

Spirit Warden Lost Arts....31 blocks.....10 blocks of 5....10 blocks of 7...10 blocks of 7 needing soulstones....1 access block (18d)

Stoneheart Arts.....a ton...I didn't bother counting.

Seriously?  1 single Mage for ALL THIS?   That is INSANE!    I want to unload right here, but in an effort to avoid banning on the off chance I decide to come here again and/or continue daily Stormville queues, I won't.   No one that actually works on the 'game' will read this anyway, so it would be pointless.  I shall remain 'polite'.

This 'game' is dying.  The new features appear to be a multi-kill.    The obvious one: try to garner as much money as possible in a short amount of time.  Another: keep the coiners so busy in their castle, they won't bother with the non coiners unless provoked..mostly.  Another: keep the non coiners so busy in their castle, they won't have time to provoke coiners.  Another: Due to the time needed for castle maxin....less time will be available for alts.   Another: Low to  Mid level coiners will be frustrated to no end, and post on the forums, creating an illusion of a healthy and active 'game' to any potential viewers/players....though I would think that would drive potential spenders away.

I still say creating a sub server with no RWC allowed in 'game' might get a few years more out of SF...if it can survive the transition away from FLASH.   Pay For Vanity (PFV) is more sustainable than PTW.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 24, 2018, 23:2509/24/18
07/25/15

well, the thing is, all the mages with respect for themselves left for other games where they can be utilize their powers for better use. So it create a shortage here in Stormfall :p

Sep 25, 2018, 12:3709/25/18
12/18/14
I already paid for craftsmen once and now they want 15k saphs to upgrade a craftsman in stoneheart?  NOT!!!
Sep 25, 2018, 12:5509/25/18
02/29/16

Hello, Aegon!

Your notice is quite logical and clear to me. I don't know why devs didn't add additional Sage for Stoneheart Lost arts, but I will forward this feedback to them and consider changes in this aspect of the game.
Sep 25, 2018, 23:4509/25/18
08/21/14
Thanks, Alina.  I hope the devs will see it just as clearly:)
Sep 26, 2018, 10:1809/26/18
04/10/15

totally agree

hope the devs will give us one more free sage and reduct the prize to upgrade one artisan....15k of sapphs are totally a mad

Regards
Sep 26, 2018, 10:1909/26/18
07/25/15

Juglar del Viento said:

totally agree

hope the devs will give us one more free sage and reduct the prize to upgrade one artisan....15k of sapphs are totally a mad

Regards

For us? Yeah, for them? Doubt it.