Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 8, 2018, 18:0508/08/18
12/13/14

Bot Script in Weekly Rankings?

I recently completed a Mareth Quest by accident ... which got me thinking

https://prnt.sc/kgaora

So I did the grind and finished in the Top Ten - Hurray

https://prnt.sc/kgao9n

All I needed to do was send archers to hamlets, and collected thousands of Siege Points, and get 1100 sapphires from Hamlet Harvest Tournaments

http://prntscr.com/kgazjd

but now I see on the Pirate Forum that many are using Bot Scripts to send one archer every 6 minutes round the clock for 7 days - stealing 5000 sapphires every week by cheating

Anyone got any input here?

Just in case someone gets the wrong idea - I am NOT suggesting we all start using third party software

We need an idiot-proof method to stamp this out - removing siege points from hamlets is one suggestion

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 10, 2018, 10:3608/10/18
04/10/15

Dear Lords

im not sure but when u receive 100 points for sieging a hamlet, you will lost them if you left the hamlet or if your hamlet is taken by other lord, as when you siege a castle, i repeat im not sure at all but i think they work as that way.

on the other hand, i still dont know any program that can make you sending tons of archers during all days of the week ;) 

Regards

Aug 10, 2018, 15:2508/10/18
Aug 10, 2018, 15:28(edited)
12/13/14

Juglar del Viento said:

Dear Lords

im not sure but when u receive 100 points for sieging a hamlet, you will lost them if you left the hamlet or if your hamlet is taken by other lord, as when you siege a castle, i repeat im not sure at all but i think they work as that way.

on the other hand, i still dont know any program that can make you sending tons of archers during all days of the week ;) 

Regards

Siege points from hamlets accumulate during the current week - so bot users can easily score 600k per week and steal 5000 sapphires from honest players

If a hamlet is successfully attacked (or is manually recalled) then 100 siege points are deducted ... but most single archers are not attacked because they only sit there for 5 minutes

We set a trap for one of the bot users on the pirate game - we captured his hamlets and defended them
He attempted to recapture every 6 minutes using only one archer and one paladin... seems like proof of cheating to me

We know who is creating these bot programs - it has been discussed many times

Aug 11, 2018, 10:2608/11/18
04/10/15

Snowgoon said:

Siege points from hamlets accumulate during the current week - so bot users can easily score 600k per week and steal 5000 sapphires from honest players

If a hamlet is successfully attacked (or is manually recalled) then 100 siege points are deducted ... but most single archers are not attacked because they only sit there for 5 minutes

We set a trap for one of the bot users on the pirate game - we captured his hamlets and defended them
He attempted to recapture every 6 minutes using only one archer and one paladin... seems like proof of cheating to me

We know who is creating these bot programs - it has been discussed many times

Lord Snowgoon

would like to see some screenshots about that supposed bots on top rankings

i also use one archer and one paladian to siege the hamlets and be sure im not a bot. about who is creating  that programs, i dont know so you have now at least one people who does not know it and of course i think if the program exist that can do what you say about sieging hamlets

may be im a Tomas and only i will believe when i could see it 

Regards

Aug 12, 2018, 00:4108/12/18
08/03/14
djmoody said:

Juglar del Viento said:

use Autohotkey. Record yourself sending out troops (works very much like record macro in Excel will create VBA script from your key stokes). Seeing as the buttons you use are always in exactly the same point on the screen repeating those same actions over and over again will work fine. Read a little bit about how to code loops and time delays (not hard at all if you have any coding experience, and even possible just from reading Autohotkey guides) and you have what you need.

I am no developer and was able to make successful code for other games. I don't have the energy to do it here tbh but it is far easier than you might think.

A professional botter won't use this route but it will work fine for an individual.
thats basically what the pros do. they just sell you a program thats already coded to the right strokes. 
Aug 12, 2018, 10:3708/12/18
04/10/15

Dear Lords

dont know till what point is illegal using a autohotkey to automatizate some taks of the game. i have to recognize i used one to combine cristals when there was not option to combine all as now there is.

so yes may be someone has used one to click in hamlets and send one archer and one paladin, as many others could use one to go on map enter the coords and click on raid and send the raid every seven days

as i said i dont know how the illegal or legal can be this use

Regards
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 12, 2018, 10:4708/12/18
Aug 12, 2018, 10:49(edited)
10/04/13
djmoody said:

It should be prevented.

I doubt Plarium will invest any time and effort in it though, because it's difficult and just far too easy for them to turn a blind eye and put in the two hard pile.

Preventing botting is a bit of an arms race. You buiild some detection, the botters respond to try and circumvent it. 

All evidence in the past suggest that Plarium just don't bother trying. ('Master' was stealing their revenue stream and they apparently did nothing about it. For god knows how long they didn't even stop accounts being made with the name "Master" which at least would have messed with his branding and taken about 5 minutes to code. Still get those mails so I assume they are still going strong.

Would love to be proved wrong though.
Yep stopping bots is definitely an arms race, one which many game developers have trouble with.  I have gotten mails from bots with other names, although I'm not sure if that's the same guy or somebody else running them. 
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 12, 2018, 10:5108/12/18
10/04/13
Juglar del Viento said:

Dear Lords

dont know till what point is illegal using a autohotkey to automatizate some taks of the game. i have to recognize i used one to combine cristals when there was not option to combine all as now there is.

so yes may be someone has used one to click in hamlets and send one archer and one paladin, as many others could use one to go on map enter the coords and click on raid and send the raid every seven days

as i said i dont know how the illegal or legal can be this use

Regards
It would be nice to get a good description from plarium as to what is or isn't allowed.  I've used some small automation scripts to help with repetitive tasks as well.