All Categories

Battleground reward bug

Battleground reward bug

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 26, 2018, 10:0207/26/18
03/21/14

Battleground reward bug

I have encountered a bug in the battleground system. Now, I have no way of proving what the bug is, but I have kept thorough count of my battleground wins and losses for a very long time, nearly a year. I have done battlegrounds of every level and in every way possible. I have increased my level from 155 up to 175, I have done both offensive and defensive battlegrounds and made sure that every time I went for a big payment, my bank was full. Still the system somehow cheats me. I am now over 400 million behind in terms of unit resource value and still my last 2 rewards was 1002 necromancers on a lvl 176 battleground and 812 dragons on a lvl 175. I have lost more than half my troop strength as well, and that is even including the increase in strength from better ablities and better hero equipment obtained from bg's so in reality it is probably more like 3/4's I have lost. I sincerely hope someone will help me look into this, as it is quite disheartening seeing the troops I have worked so hard on obtaining over more than 5 years disappearing like this and I am slowly but surely loosing all incentment to play this game.  
Views
Comments
Comments
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jul 26, 2018, 10:2807/26/18
07/02/15

Hello, Lord!

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. Please refer to this article, it can help you to solve the issue. Meanwhile, I have moved your topic to the Game Discussion thread.

Jul 26, 2018, 10:3807/26/18
03/21/14
This does not help me Agent Pavel, nor can any article help me, I have read them all, and as already described I have tried all possible tactics. Now I realise that there is a certain element of randomness in the battleground mechanics, which is why I have waited so long before filing a report, to be absolutely certain that this is not something that will rectify itself over time and is not caused by the random factor of the mechanics. I NEED someone to help me investigate this issue, not standard answers and moving my post to a section of the forums where I can no longer recieve any help from technical staff. This IS a game issue, that I need help with, not one I can resolve myself.
Jul 26, 2018, 10:5907/26/18
03/21/14
Agent Pavel, if this cannot be classed as a bug, then please direct me to where I can go to get help from Plarium staff on this matter. As I have said many times now, this is NOT an issue I can solve on my own or by debating with other players. This is a game issue that requires assistance.
Jul 26, 2018, 14:0007/26/18
04/10/15

Dear Lord

i would like to say you something to get out ur frustation with bgs but i can know that sensation cause it happens to me and other lords

what i can say, more if you trace ur incomings/expenses its that if you know that you have returned your last payout and banked enough for certain level is, if you hit one, two and three, sure enough to receive a payout and you dont get it, then stop. take a breath, take note of the new balance of your bank, and wait one day.

at the next day then hit one you think it should pay. i think it will but if not, repeat the above.

last saturday it happened to me, i was sure i was going to get a payout and almost i loose all my army. the result was i expent 24kk more than i thought. i wait one day and on sunday it payed to me at first hit.

dont know why this happen, some of them call it overbanking and the system get stuck and does not pay, some of them call it too high ramdomize component, some of them call it bug, some of them call it working in the proper way....

hope you will have luck enough in ur fight against balur

Regards
Jul 26, 2018, 15:4807/26/18
04/13/15
I`ve been playing since i got back. 150 days playing BGs with no reward worth my time......  it seems to be just broken in Stormfall
Jul 27, 2018, 07:3707/27/18
01/11/16
The guarantee mechanic to comeback with something for every time you clear a battleground seem to bug the payout in my opinion. 
Jul 27, 2018, 12:0407/27/18
Jul 27, 2018, 12:06(edited)
03/21/14

Juglar del Viento said:

what i can say, more if you trace ur incomings/expenses its that if you know that you have returned your last payout and banked enough for certain level is, if you hit one, two and three, sure enough to receive a payout and you dont get it, then stop. take a breath, take note of the new balance of your bank, and wait one day.

at the next day then hit one you think it should pay. i think it will but if not, repeat the above.

hope you will have luck enough in ur fight against balur

This I have already done to no avail.

Jul 29, 2018, 02:4507/29/18
Jul 29, 2018, 17:38(edited)
08/21/14

Try hitting a few BGs lower than 100 (perhaps between 60-90).  You should get some good payouts, and get your bank down.   I believe high level BGs, especially those above 140, have a 'minimum resource investment need for payout' that is higher than the 'maximum resource payout for the BG'.   This would mean that you're just adding and adding with little to show for it, plus the efficiency of resources in vs resources out seems to decrease rapidly as the BGs get to those high levels, though that could just be a perception that is based on what I mentioned above.

If the 'minimum resource investment needed for payout' increases by 7% with each BG level, and the 'maximum resource payout for the BG' increased by less than 7% with each BG level, then no matter how much more the latter is over the former at BG20, eventually, the former will overtake the latter when the BG levels got high enough.

This seemed to work in FB version.  I don't know about the Plarium version, as I'm intentionally going very slow up the BG levels here, both to avoid those scenarios, as well as keep as many BG40 - BG90 as possible, as I believe the level 70-90s are most efficient.  Smaller payouts, but much faster and easier to deal with.  I seem to be gaining beasties at a faster rate here doing it this way than I did on FB.

I've heard rumors that when doing >BG140, starting high and then going down works well, which is the opposite of the lower BGs.   To clarify, and example would be yellowing BG150, then BG149, then BG148, then kill BG147.  I've not tried this myself, as I spend more time here than FB these days.  I don't feel like spending the time or troops there to test it.

Good luck to figuring out a method that works for you.
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 29, 2018, 10:3507/29/18
10/04/13
collin90 said:

I have encountered a bug in the battleground system. Now, I have no way of proving what the bug is, but I have kept thorough count of my battleground wins and losses for a very long time, nearly a year. I have done battlegrounds of every level and in every way possible. I have increased my level from 155 up to 175, I have done both offensive and defensive battlegrounds and made sure that every time I went for a big payment, my bank was full. Still the system somehow cheats me. I am now over 400 million behind in terms of unit resource value and still my last 2 rewards was 1002 necromancers on a lvl 176 battleground and 812 dragons on a lvl 175. I have lost more than half my troop strength as well, and that is even including the increase in strength from better ablities and better hero equipment obtained from bg's so in reality it is probably more like 3/4's I have lost. I sincerely hope someone will help me look into this, as it is quite disheartening seeing the troops I have worked so hard on obtaining over more than 5 years disappearing like this and I am slowly but surely loosing all incentment to play this game.  
Did you remember to account for the tax when tracking your resource bank?  That's the most likely way for you to end up down 400mil res value, is if you did a ton of bgs and lost it to the tax. 
Aug 4, 2018, 05:5808/04/18
08/21/14

djmoody said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

To clarify, and example would be yellowing BG150, then BG149, then BG148, then kill BG147.  I've not tried this myself, as I spend more time here than FB these days.  I don't feel like spending the time or troops there to test it.

Yellow barring was effectively removed from the game as they made an update that means a portion of the bank is held back and only released when the BG is killed. So effectively yellow barring now locks resource into BG's (and will make your resource tracking a lot more time consuming and fiddly) 

Scratch that idea, then.   I might eventually get to BG100 here to complete the SQs, but even if I do, that will be the max for me.  I doubt this 'game' has enough life left in it for me to finish the SQs at the pace I'm going.

Aug 11, 2018, 04:5308/11/18
07/26/15

Hello to all players on this thread. I am 1 of the best battleground players in the game on server 1, while my points are not as high as some of the big players, I also have never lost playing battlegrounds, my current battleground level is 195, that was the highest untill a few weeks ago when they updated server 1 to 200 battlgrounds, when my bank  is full there i will take my battlegrounds to 200 maxed and win again

1st you all need to see battleground banking in to taking a troop payout in rss (resource) value only to banking troops back in in rss value only, never look at whats paid into battlegrounds in offense points and defense points, you will lose in a big way.

If you look at each troop in the buildings where you can build them u will see they all cost a certain amount of gold, iron and food, now battlegrounds are rss sensitive meaning if u bank more food than gold and iron your payout you can predict to be in dragons if you understand the balur troop layout, they all determine what troop type payout your going to get, 

to understand how to bank, say you get a win from a level 87 defense bg of 9645 griffins, you need to calculate the value of those griffins in resources plus the tax to understand how much of lesser quality troops to put back in before you can try for your next payout

the Tax is oh so important in more ways than 1, 1st is the obvious, to make sure your bank is full, 2nd most players do not see is that when you take a defense win of more than 2000 units the tax on this will always be heavy in gold leaving your bg bank with much more iron than gold when you rebank for your next payout, most do not understand this and lose thousands of troops trying for a payout at the high level they expect it to come from if they try to take another defense payout, this procedure works the same for offense

Also remember with every battleground kill you do, there is the tax on top of each win no matter how small it is it all adds up, i will be back in a few hours to explain how to know when your battleground bank is full without using a calculator and how to tell from the bad small wins which side your battleground bank is heavy in so you know which bg to kill for payout without wasting thousands of extra quality troops, also any questions on this please feel free to ask 

Aug 11, 2018, 10:0808/11/18
Aug 11, 2018, 10:08(edited)
04/10/15

BG SLAYER said:

Hello to all players on this thread. I am 1 of the best battleground players in the game on server 1, while my points are not as high as some of the big players, I also have never lost playing battlegrounds, my current battleground level is 195, that was the highest untill a few weeks ago when they updated server 1 to 200 battlgrounds, when my bank  is full there i will take my battlegrounds to 200 maxed and win again

1st you all need to see battleground banking in to taking a troop payout in rss (resource) value only to banking troops back in in rss value only, never look at whats paid into battlegrounds in offense points and defense points, you will lose in a big way.

If you look at each troop in the buildings where you can build them u will see they all cost a certain amount of gold, iron and food, now battlegrounds are rss sensitive meaning if u bank more food than gold and iron your payout you can predict to be in dragons if you understand the balur troop layout, they all determine what troop type payout your going to get, 

to understand how to bank, say you get a win from a level 87 defense bg of 9645 griffins, you need to calculate the value of those griffins in resources plus the tax to understand how much of lesser quality troops to put back in before you can try for your next payout

the Tax is oh so important in more ways than 1, 1st is the obvious, to make sure your bank is full, 2nd most players do not see is that when you take a defense win of more than 2000 units the tax on this will always be heavy in gold leaving your bg bank with much more iron than gold when you rebank for your next payout, most do not understand this and lose thousands of troops trying for a payout at the high level they expect it to come from if they try to take another defense payout, this procedure works the same for offense

Also remember with every battleground kill you do, there is the tax on top of each win no matter how small it is it all adds up, i will be back in a few hours to explain how to know when your battleground bank is full without using a calculator and how to tell from the bad small wins which side your battleground bank is heavy in so you know which bg to kill for payout without wasting thousands of extra quality troops, also any questions on this please feel free to ask 

Really nice post my Lady

we all be impatient to keep learning about our fight against the terrible hordes from balur. Really nice and interesting comments you wrote

Regards :)
Aug 11, 2018, 20:0408/11/18
Aug 11, 2018, 21:42(edited)
12/13/14

BG SLAYER said:

Hello to all players on this thread. ......  more food than gold and iron your payout you can predict to be in dragons ........ , also any questions on this please feel free to ask 

You seem very convinced that Gold, Iron and Food are treated separately, almost to the point of having 3 different Banks

Most big bg hitters have been arguing that there is only one resource bank and it has only one value - total resources
Some heretics have even claimed that food is not included

I am always interested to hear any views on the banking system, but have seen many speadsheets that only include one total res value ... and these seem to work well

As for the original post ..... No help will ever be given by plarium - they refuse to accept any tickets about bg

"There are no bugs associated with BGs.....BGs are working as intended and are continually tested by Q&A Team"

I doubt they even understand how they were originally designed to work

I complained for over 6 months that balur units were being given bonuses from our Fortress Knowledge upgrades before they admitted the truth
Just wish I could find my original screenshots which showed the bonuses
It has since been changed - http://prntscr.com/khhvyx

Read this if you want a good laugh ... wonder what the Q&A Team were doing during those 6 months?
Continually testing BGs???

Only the Orcs? What about Marrenon etc?

http://prntscr.com/khig2o

Aug 11, 2018, 22:3108/11/18
12/13/14

djmoody said:

I know for definite they no longer understand how the BG's work as they denied the mechanic that allows BG tricking even exists. Having taken about half a bill in troops using the trick myself and having helped others to billions I can tell them it most certainly does.

It's probably one of those moments where the fact they never listen to us is actually quite helpful.

Can I join your league? 

Hahahahahahahaha
Aug 12, 2018, 02:5208/12/18
07/26/15

Ok there is no trick to this, its just calculations, if you want dragons you use lesser quality troops that take more food and iron to build than anything else, if you want wyverns u make lesser quality troops that take more iron, gold and less food to build, i have been playing bg for many years and adapted to their many changes over the years, never lost at them playing this way, i have also taught many friends so they could succeed at bg as well

Ok how to tell when your bank is full without keeping track of the troops you put back in to bank in the form of yellowing bg

What you do is pick any bg to kill in the range of level 30-50 and kill it, say you sent at a level 43 defense bg, now a full payer in griffins from 1 of these will give you either just under 1k of them or just over 1k of them, for occult its closer to 2k or just over, levels 39-48 will give these amounts levels 30-38 will give a few hundred troops on a full bank and levels 49 and 50 can give over 2k troops on a full bank, this means your bank is full and ready to give you a payout up higher, if you get lower amounts of troops, keep filling your bank up by yellowing then test again when you think your bank is ready, do not just kill bg you have yellowed if your bank is not ready because it will not pay till your bank is full, ive seen many big players lose thousands of troops in bg because they didn't know how the system worked

If you get a split payout in this range always make the effort to look at it in rss value, this is how to determine where your payer is going to come from, say it gives you 235 dragons and 567 griffins, this type of payer is showing your bank is full and iron heavy so your payout will come from offense bg, don't waste excess troops trying to go for defense payouts you will lose more than you win, that's why i say, always look as troops in the form of their rss  value they take to build, this is exactly how bg work

Now there is 1 more thing i noticed with bg since they brought in the hero equipment for it, when your bank is full and your killing more than 1 bg, tthe rarer types of equipment start to drop, ive had it give uncommon, then rare, then pays out a big bg payer in troops, I've also had it give me mythical, then rare, then it paid out big time in troops

Now how to pick the beast from the occult payers, if a bg is loaded with balur beast troops and the occult is the least number of troops there, this is a typical beast paying bg, again what you have banked into bg in rss will determine wether you get dragons or wyverns if your going for offense payers

If the bg is loaded with heaps of balur occult troops and the balur beast troops are the smallest number there, that is definatly an occult payer and again it all comes down to how much of each type of rss you banked in as to wether you get warlocks or necromancer, its the same with demons or golems in the defense payers and if your after those big splits in defense payers you make sure your bank isn't to much gold heavy to iron and food, but if you don't want demons or warlocks, make sure your bank is extreemly heavy in food when banking troops in 

Ive found the arbelester and bear riders are excellent for this as they cost more in food than gold and iron, they don't take to long to build either, pathfinders and huntress are also good too, reavers are the best bankers in the calvery section, if you want to bank occult, demons are the best and chimera are the best in the beast section

Aug 12, 2018, 04:5208/12/18
08/21/14

For the past 3 1/2 years, I've only used the troops with highest food to metal ratio combined with highest resource count per week.   Those are PFs, Reavers, Golems, and Chimeras.  Build those 24/7 when you can.  I also send any Great Lords, Dwarves, and Paladins that I receive to the BGs.

I've sent only offense to defensive BGs and still end up with mostly defense in the kill.   I don't think the bank cares which resources you send.  Just send as much as you can during worthwhile BG quests.

The following is a guide (from Xestos of Legacy) that I've used in the past 3 1/2 years, and it still works very well today IMO.   I haven't bothered with yellowing for quite a while, though.  I just build and send.  I keep a minimum number of specific non beastie troops around.  Anything over and beyond that gets sent to the BGs each day a worthwhile BG quest is running.

http://legacy-stormfall.blogspot.com/p/battle.html

Aug 12, 2018, 05:3108/12/18
07/26/15
Hi Lord Aegon, the resource amounts does matter of your wanting specific troop type payouts, if your hunting for dragons not wyverns, yes you need troops that are very food and iron heavy to get them, its how to be able to accuratly know what troops you want to win from bg, but yes sending offense into defense bg will cause more split payouts to happen, i also know this from testing it thourougly, also the tax on each win was increased from the original 7% mentioned in that thread, be aware of that we have calculated it on server 1 to be at 12.5% now and yes that method described in the thread works perfectly except you cannot predict which type of beast or occult troops  you will get from a full payout if you don't keep track of your different rss types going in to fill bank up
Aug 12, 2018, 10:0408/12/18
04/10/15

Snowgoon said:

You seem very convinced that Gold, Iron and Food are treated separately, almost to the point of having 3 different Banks

Most big bg hitters have been arguing that there is only one resource bank and it has only one value - total resources
Some heretics have even claimed that food is not included

I am always interested to hear any views on the banking system, but have seen many speadsheets that only include one total res value ... and these seem to work well

Dear Lords 

i think they are treated as only one amount...what enters in a bank at first sight is only one amount with its secret formula. the spreadsheets i have seen as lord snowgoon said its only one amount at least during all this last years. however on the last update on that year summer 16 and as the bad mouth says not all the amount enters on bank if you dont kill the bg...so may be some kind of semibanks, minibanks halfbanks or midiumbanks could be secretly added to the formula...soooo....who knows

by the way im one of those heretics but only cause god came to visit me one night and abducted to his stelar cruise. :p

Regards

Aug 12, 2018, 10:0708/12/18
04/10/15
djmoody said:

The game is so close to being dead I am continually tempted to make the trick public. You will be amazed as how easy it is.
My PM is open and you know it :p .... was tempting you ;)
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 12, 2018, 10:5508/12/18
10/04/13
BG SLAYER said:

Ok there is no trick to this, its just calculations, if you want dragons you use lesser quality troops that take more food and iron to build than anything else, if you want wyverns u make lesser quality troops that take more iron, gold and less food to build, i have been playing bg for many years and adapted to their many changes over the years, never lost at them playing this way, i have also taught many friends so they could succeed at bg as well

Ok how to tell when your bank is full without keeping track of the troops you put back in to bank in the form of yellowing bg

What you do is pick any bg to kill in the range of level 30-50 and kill it, say you sent at a level 43 defense bg, now a full payer in griffins from 1 of these will give you either just under 1k of them or just over 1k of them, for occult its closer to 2k or just over, levels 39-48 will give these amounts levels 30-38 will give a few hundred troops on a full bank and levels 49 and 50 can give over 2k troops on a full bank, this means your bank is full and ready to give you a payout up higher, if you get lower amounts of troops, keep filling your bank up by yellowing then test again when you think your bank is ready, do not just kill bg you have yellowed if your bank is not ready because it will not pay till your bank is full, ive seen many big players lose thousands of troops in bg because they didn't know how the system worked

If you get a split payout in this range always make the effort to look at it in rss value, this is how to determine where your payer is going to come from, say it gives you 235 dragons and 567 griffins, this type of payer is showing your bank is full and iron heavy so your payout will come from offense bg, don't waste excess troops trying to go for defense payouts you will lose more than you win, that's why i say, always look as troops in the form of their rss  value they take to build, this is exactly how bg work

Now there is 1 more thing i noticed with bg since they brought in the hero equipment for it, when your bank is full and your killing more than 1 bg, tthe rarer types of equipment start to drop, ive had it give uncommon, then rare, then pays out a big bg payer in troops, I've also had it give me mythical, then rare, then it paid out big time in troops

Now how to pick the beast from the occult payers, if a bg is loaded with balur beast troops and the occult is the least number of troops there, this is a typical beast paying bg, again what you have banked into bg in rss will determine wether you get dragons or wyverns if your going for offense payers

If the bg is loaded with heaps of balur occult troops and the balur beast troops are the smallest number there, that is definatly an occult payer and again it all comes down to how much of each type of rss you banked in as to wether you get warlocks or necromancer, its the same with demons or golems in the defense payers and if your after those big splits in defense payers you make sure your bank isn't to much gold heavy to iron and food, but if you don't want demons or warlocks, make sure your bank is extreemly heavy in food when banking troops in 

Ive found the arbelester and bear riders are excellent for this as they cost more in food than gold and iron, they don't take to long to build either, pathfinders and huntress are also good too, reavers are the best bankers in the calvery section, if you want to bank occult, demons are the best and chimera are the best in the beast section

That's an interesting strategy, thanks for sharing.