All Categories

Catacombs

Catacombs

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 23, 2018, 14:2307/23/18
04/09/15

Catacombs

Hello, I'm level 37 in the game in the facebook version, but my catacomb does not let me raise it level, it remains at level 1. See if you can help me solve this problem. Thank you.

Views
Comments
Comments
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jul 24, 2018, 09:5307/24/18
07/02/15

Hello, Lord!

The Catacombs cannot be upgraded. This option has been removed from Facebook servers intentionally. 

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. I have moved your topic to Game Discussion thread.

Jul 24, 2018, 14:5407/24/18
04/09/15

ok, but what a regrettable situation, once again the lack of criteria is demonstrated by eliminating a main function to maintain the balance between the players.

Jul 24, 2018, 16:0507/24/18
12/18/14
Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Lord!

The Catacombs cannot be upgraded. This option has been removed from Facebook servers intentionally. 

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. I have moved your topic to Game Discussion thread.

lol what? Is this the future of the game? Removing items that were originally created to protect smaller players?  Not to mention eliminating one building upgrade that would be done for development tournaments .....
Jul 24, 2018, 18:4007/24/18
08/21/14

dragon21 said:

ok, but what a regrettable situation, once again the lack of criteria is demonstrated by eliminating a main function to maintain the balance between the players.

This is actually a good thing.  I've played on Facebook mostly after starting on Plarium, but moved back to Plarium last year, though I still maintain my FB castle.

The Facebook version of Catacombs is far better.   The Plarium catacombs only protects your resources up to 50k, though HERO abilities can increase this to 70k.   Even this does not truly protect your resources, as even with barns and warehouses at less than 5k each and cats at level 26, raiders can still take about 5%? of your resources.

The Facebook version of the catacombs transfer protection to the size of the barns and warehouses.   When your resources drop below 50% of storage capacity, raiders can only take 5%? of your resources.

This means that Plarium only protects up to 70k each max, while Facebook will protect up to 750k each max.   If you wanted 1.5m storage capacity in Plarium, and were nearly maxed out when you logged off or were kicked off, then you could potentially lose over 1.4 million of each resource if enough players raided you while you were offline.   In Facebook version, you would only lose 750k each, plus 5%? of remaining resources per raid thereafter.

On November 5 of 2015, Facebook players were polled on whether or not to add resource protection to the catacombs, according to this:

https://www.facebook.com/StormfallCommunity/photos/a.455590444492138.114079.450552231662626/1014901278561049

The apparent result of the poll, thankfully, was that Facebook version did NOT change, and 50% protection remained in place.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:2307/25/18
Jul 25, 2018, 12:26(edited)
12/18/14

Aegon Targaryen said:

dragon21 said:

This is actually a good thing.  I've played on Facebook mostly after starting on Plarium, but moved back to Plarium last year, though I still maintain my FB castle.

The Facebook version of Catacombs is far better.   The Plarium catacombs only protects your resources up to 50k, though HERO abilities can increase this to 70k.   Even this does not truly protect your resources, as even with barns and warehouses at less than 5k each and cats at level 26, raiders can still take about 5%? of your resources.

The Facebook version of the catacombs transfer protection to the size of the barns and warehouses.   When your resources drop below 50% of storage capacity, raiders can only take 5%? of your resources.

This means that Plarium only protects up to 70k each max, while Facebook will protect up to 750k each max.   If you wanted 1.5m storage capacity in Plarium, and were nearly maxed out when you logged off or were kicked off, then you could potentially lose over 1.4 million of each resource if enough players raided you while you were offline.   In Facebook version, you would only lose 750k each, plus 5%? of remaining resources per raid thereafter.

On November 5 of 2015, Facebook players were polled on whether or not to add resource protection to the catacombs, according to this:

https://www.facebook.com/StormfallCommunity/photos/a.455590444492138.114079.450552231662626/1014901278561049

The apparent result of the poll, thankfully, was that Facebook version did NOT change, and 50% protection remained in place.

if you have barns and warehouses that hold that many resources you are beyond the point of caring if you lose resources to raids and who would have them that high if you should have them full when doing bg?  I only raised mine high enough to do final upgrades to chimera

also is there a function that auto hides units the same as level 26 catacombs or do you have to use auto unit hiders?
Jul 28, 2018, 05:1907/28/18
08/21/14

There is no functionality in FB catacombs to send newly trained troops to the cats.   While that is a nice feature, the 50% protection is far more important, at least IMO.   Even if you only have level 20 barns and warehouses for 220k max of each resource, that still means 110k protection of each resource.

On Facebook, I liked having 1.5m of each resource as it allowed much faster beacon upgrades, as I could send resources to others after my 10 were done.  With maxed towns and mines, I could save my raids for league quests, which easily allowed me to cap the barns and warehouses.

Since I normally kept them close to full, BGs were never an issue.  I don't consider that a big deal anyway.   Even if a BG victory gives me a ton of resources, all that does is delay getting my beasties a bit longer.   The only thing lost is time.  Sometimes it saves me real world time as that is less raiding that needs to be done.

Here in Plarium, I don't see the point in maxing out storage capacity.  Beacons are dead.  I only need enough to keep upgrading the Lost Arts.   Maxing out barns could have some use if troops needed food, but since they don't...meh.