WAR mechanics

WAR mechanics

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 2, 2018, 14:0205/02/18
08/26/15

WAR mechanics

Hello every1,

I am writing in this Forum for first time, as I got really amazed how strange is the war mechanics in the game. We are loosing a WAR just because we are massively killing our opponent armies! Our last battle went like this. I have attacked a player from our war opponent league. I have won the battle. I have 16% losses in offence, he got 87% losses in defense. I got 48K PVP points, he got 98K PVP points ?!?! WTF? I won 75K attack points in the WAR stats, he won 181K defense points in WAR stats. WTF?!? Really that’s fair? The real fact is : YOU ARE WINING THE BATTLES, THEY ARE WINNING THE WAR! I have played a lot of online MMORPGs, and everywhere a WIN is a WIN, only in Stormfall Age of War I am facing a twisted mind perception of the WIN, which actually becomes LOSS. If someone gives a reasonable explanation of my battle numbers upward, wins a beer from me!

Views
Comments
Comments
May 2, 2018, 16:1905/02/18
May 5, 2018, 14:14(edited)
12/13/14

It is not possible to win Wars and Challenges by attacking

The Power Point system works against you, and strong Castle Walls add to the confusion
You are also forgetting the Victory Tax where we can lose up to 10% extra units every time we win a battle

If one of your dragons die you give 42 power points to your opponents

If you kill one Griifin you only get 15 power points

so you need to kill 3 griffins for every dragon that you lose

Most leagues have learned to ignore Wars and Challenges, and only set up fakes to get the achievements

p,s, Mine's a Guinness, thanks :)

May 2, 2018, 21:2505/02/18
May 3, 2018, 02:57(edited)

And you receive a fifth of the total power points of units that you lose as PvP points, so massive losses mean a great deal more tournie points. I've never bothered to check if it's a straight conversion in competitions, though.

...Which, now that I consider it more, is fairly fair. Your troops getting wiped out is highly damaging, takes a long time to recoup and the rewards you earn in the tournaments will never come close to making up the difference. The opponent that suffers less loss and earns less points is still ahead of the game.

...This is the most I've edited a post, but my thoughts are refusing to occur in a timely manner. I don't mean "fair" in that it actually balances out and makes recovery attainable, but in the sense that it's a bit of a consolation prize. Still a, "Game over, man! GAME OVER. What the **** are we gonna do now?!" situation, having a huge chunk of your army die.

...Further unnecessary clarification. You win a battle while "losing" in the points department, you live to fight another day, potentially earn more points, and your enemy is smacked flat at a standstill indefinitely.

...And, whoa, it took me hours to realize that none of what I typed had any bearing on this topic. XD It's probably calculated like beacon tournies, right? With only what you destroy, not what you lose, contributing to the score? NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOR I AM THE SHARPEST CRAYON OF ALL TIME.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.