All Categories

Hero Abilities

Hero Abilities

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 29, 2018, 05:3104/29/18

Hero Abilities

I've always assumed that the hero abilities that increase either defense or offense for certain units is applied at the time of battle, but am paranoid enough about it that I try to make sure to change the ability before sending units. Basically, I am wondering if, when I forget and switch after a raid, siege, or attack on a battleground is on the way, the bonus will be still be applied and calculated at the point of impact.

Example, as of a few minutes ago. A dumb thing that I have "exchanged" a high level siege with for months is apparently annoyed that it forgot to recall a hundred and thirty chimeras, which I destroyed in a raid (I'm annoyed at losing nine wyverns for no reason XD), and stacked the next siege with eldritch golems. I switched from infantry defense to infantry offense beforehand, then decided to add some cavalry to cut down on losses while selecting in the sending screen and switched to cavalry offense after the troops were headed out. In this case, both the infantry and cavalry offensive boost would of been factored into the battle result, right?

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 29, 2018, 09:5204/29/18
04/10/15

Lord Insanity

yep, the bonus are applied in the moment of the battle. so if u change them few seconds after the battle they will be applied. the only advantage i see applying them before send the troops is that u can see the new offensive/deffensive points with boosters.

this also happens with the 10/20% boosters or dragon off/deff boosters

Regards
Apr 29, 2018, 12:3904/29/18
Much obliged. *bows* I'll probably keep up the unnecessary, idiot method, because it's almost guaranteed that I'd forget to switch right before an attack, but knowing for sure will definitely help save time on battlegrounds, as I would cancel 'em and resend when I realized I hadn't had the abilities set properly. XD
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 30, 2018, 09:5904/30/18
10/04/13
Insanity Talisman said:

Much obliged. *bows* I'll probably keep up the unnecessary, idiot method, because it's almost guaranteed that I'd forget to switch right before an attack, but knowing for sure will definitely help save time on battlegrounds, as I would cancel 'em and resend when I realized I hadn't had the abilities set properly. XD
Yep, I can confirm that they definitely apply when activated after an attack is sent (I forget and end up activating them at the last minute all the time, especially when doing infantry attacks). 
May 1, 2018, 03:0705/01/18
09/29/16

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Insanity

yep, the bonus are applied in the moment of the battle. so if u change them few seconds after the battle they will be applied. the only advantage i see applying them before send the troops is that u can see the new offensive/deffensive points with boosters.

this also happens with the 10/20% boosters or dragon off/deff boosters

Regards

Good to know. Thanks IT and Juglar. I had the same question.
May 1, 2018, 11:0905/01/18
04/10/15

Jaywalker SC said:

Good to know. Thanks IT and Juglar. I had the same question.

You are the most welcome my Lord

glad to hear it was usefull for you

Regards
May 1, 2018, 20:5405/01/18
12/13/14
I use twin offense mythical rings when attacking and switch them to twin defense mythical rings when defending - this gives me almost 70% offense and defense ..... but I often forget to switch before sending units so frantically switch and then hit refresh button, hoping it works  :)
May 2, 2018, 07:3005/02/18
Snowgoon said:

I use twin offense mythical rings when attacking and switch them to twin defense mythical rings when defending - this gives me almost 70% offense and defense ..... but I often forget to switch before sending units so frantically switch and then hit refresh button, hoping it works  :)
I would fail at remembering to switch so hard it could crack steel. I am not a quick thinker, merely a ponderous one. I'm quite sure I've managed to botch raid pushes in every manner possible; forget to grab my caravans from the market, forget to jump to the next castle I'm raiding, jump to the wrong castle, forget that I used my pushing food for something and have none to send, bring up the resource exchange menu on the correct castle and forget to hit send until the raid has already gone through and I feel displaced and adrift when there is no X to click to cancel the caravan and why must you continually mock me so, Brain?!
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.