All Categories

PvP suggestion

PvP suggestion

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 18, 2017, 21:3806/18/17

PvP suggestion

As we all know pvp is dying

if you are looking for target it has been realy hard to find one,after of two years gaming i see that pvp became something rare so we need to change it ,some speciall tournaments probably,we the community should suggest to plarium some solutions.

So i would like the community to take a clear position and first of all we should  report here that fact

so answer to the question if you want to help to the survey.

Do you have the same problem about pvp?(give a short description of your current experience from pvp and if you want to suggest possible solutions on the try to deal with inactivity)

e.g.

*a category of tournament where all players will have the chance to enjoy one time per month(thats my suggestion that i explain in the comment under the post)

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 18, 2017, 22:0506/18/17
Jun 18, 2017, 22:47(edited)

My suggestion:

First parameter:

Activity

the question here is how we can solve the problem  called "activity"

so one idea :

A type of pvp were all players who want to play report if they will play.This can happend if plarium desing a box

asking eatch player:

dear lord/lady

"would you like to participate in the current pvp?''

options

"yes"    "no"

--

so the lord/ladies who will say yes  will be reported to a list so lord sison will know that lord x will play

so since i have a list like that i know who is active and who will spend troop during tournament

but in case of during the tournament he/she loses all his/her troop ,then he/she should be automatically deleted from the list if he/she reports that he/she cant replace a specific amount of troop the next hours

Second parameter:

Distance 

one more problem is the distance

since players is few we need somehow find some ways to  bring them closer to  eatch other  since map it too big according to the activity

The problem with distance is something plarium should think how it could be effected during that type of tournaments,they have to understand the problem and design a type of tournament available to all players one time per month which will make pvp more interactive and more active again since pvp comes close to the death[players should have again the chance to hit active players close to them  and feel again the old sense of pvp ]

thats the point of my suggestion we need again to feel all the old sense of pvp were active players were enough in our area,now the problem is that stormfall has enough active player but distance is big cause many  active players left (or hide their troop and play in a pathetic way)

thats why  we should find a way to gather again all those who is active and want to play pvp !

Jun 19, 2017, 13:1106/19/17
03/01/16

Hi Sison! Thank you for starting an interesting topic :) 

I would love to hear players' thoughts on this. 
Jun 19, 2017, 15:2406/19/17
Jun 19, 2017, 15:25(edited)

Eugenia Misura said:

Hi Sison! Thank you for starting an interesting topic :) 

I would love to hear players' thoughts on this. 

thank you,yes i would like to see also see what players have to say since it is a fact this i describe and not my imagination,it seems that at the moment players dont want to talk about it will try in the near future again to see when community is ready to discuss something like that

of course topic is still opend for those who want to talk about it but it seems that things is nt yet ready to support a survey like that the community,

will try again in the future anyway ,thanks  :)

Jun 19, 2017, 16:0006/19/17
Jun 19, 2017, 16:01(edited)
02/28/16

Sison when was the last time you attacked someone above your level or from the top 10 leagues? Because, imho, you are not looking for pvp where you should. You have problem with distance? Try pi**ing off someone with gateways of precision.

Jun 19, 2017, 16:1106/19/17
Jun 19, 2017, 16:13(edited)

Stormfall said:

Sison when was the last time you attacked someone above your level or from the top 10 leagues? Because, imho, you are not looking for pvp where you should. You have problem with distance? Try pi**ing off someone with gateways of precision.

hello friend thats why i ask,i want to report  a fact,i play more than 2 years and i guess i can have a clear opinion of whats going on in the game the last period compared to the past,thats the reason i asked from the commnity to share their sense,if you arent enough old of course you can't see what i mean but thats the point to discuss it regardless of disagreements,if players dont talk realy nothing can happend if we dont share our game experience!

thanks for your report buddy
Jun 19, 2017, 16:2006/19/17
Jun 19, 2017, 16:23(edited)

djmoody said:

Lets face it. 

People get most of their PvP from killing people that wouldn't have like to have been killed. If you are PvP'ing as any kind of expert you are trying to kill for minimal losses using the siege mechanic to your advantage.

Allowing people to "vote" themselves out of PvP would just kill PvP even further.

If it helps, I get most of my PvP from beacons these days. Our league maintains lvl 1 PvP beacons. I know a fair few get PvP from searching out all the fortresses looking for poorly defended ones.

Can't believe you will find anything on castles. Not sure what settlements are like these days as I don't have any defence to talk of anymore to catch people. And hamlets would only be for the brain dead who at some point will catch up with the uber coiners and lose everything.

are you against a pvp contest where player will report if they want to play or not and make a specific  group of players ?

i dont think it sounds so bad to activate and orginize the things a little bit,game need it and players deserve to make a better enviroment in the game,we need to gather the available force and activity which exists in the game, it is realy splited ,in the past it was different.

about the mechanics you are right pvps work in the way you describe ,and your ideas is some good ideas to play pvp,keep in mind that i talk about pvp (player vs player) so 1 vs 1 over there we need improvment :)

i close now later will be online again in case of you or someone else  say something,ciao :)

Jun 19, 2017, 16:5106/19/17
10/31/14

appreciate the fact that you are trying to help.

Here is my experience with PvP

Server 1

8:39 DV has FB'eled, guards will heal in 1 hrs. 

12:11 3 incoming raids, KT 😇 6 siege from "seige king, aka ruler of all inactives and bots in 500 miles radius. 

18:20 KT FB, again!!! last raid hit a wall 75 Wyverns dead. 

Server 2

08:49 Bots empty, killed 300 spies on beacon hunt.

10:34 Lord xxx raided my pal again, I FB back killed 3 WD. 

10:35Lord xxx raided me, 900 k defense all graffin dead. 700 million offense 900 WD.

That is my report for just today. From that report you will see why it is a bad idea to tell everyone that I am in for getting raided. 

I get it. You probably have 90 mil offense N over 50 mil defense. So raided all people around you and they all quit. So now you're all alone, no one to raid in 50 miles radius. So now you want to hunt down the remaining Lord so you can make their game more unliveable.( I am not referring to you, Just generalising). 

These could be a good idea if, we all had 4 billion offense.

If you want more PvP go to the embassy and FB random Marshall in the top 20. 10 Marshall will do, ( 3 do just fine for me). But please don't do these is the Darkplain, unless you are Oracle.

Jun 19, 2017, 17:0806/19/17
10/31/14

Now that we made sure more people will take the survey 😀.

Sison idea can be improved if players who participated in PvP are then grouped into tiers. These tiers should be dependent on CC ratings and independent on intelligent. In a way players with similar offense will be grouped together. And these will be grouped independently based on time( location in the world) and age of play. 

But for players like me, it's a terrificly horrible idea. Ask anyone in untamed land, every John Jones and Johnson have 500 mil offense, having players tick available PvP will just put more players in the meccy of John Jones and Johnson

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 19, 2017, 19:1206/19/17
10/04/13
sison said:

As we all know pvp is dying

if you are looking for target it has been realy hard to find one,after of two years gaming i see that pvp became something rare so we need to change it ,some speciall tournaments probably,we the community should suggest to plarium some solutions.

So i would like the community to take a clear position and first of all we should  report here that fact

so answer to the question if you want to help to the survey.

Do you have the same problem about pvp?(give a short description of your current experience from pvp and if you want to suggest possible solutions on the try to deal with inactivity)

e.g.

*a category of tournament where all players will have the chance to enjoy one time per month(thats my suggestion that i explain in the comment under the post)

I've never had too much of a problem finding pvp.  I just go look at level 1 beacons, and any fortresses that are held by non allied leagues, and there's usually something to kill on a few of them.  
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 19, 2017, 19:1506/19/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Now that we made sure more people will take the survey 😀.

Sison idea can be improved if players who participated in PvP are then grouped into tiers. These tiers should be dependent on CC ratings and independent on intelligent. In a way players with similar offense will be grouped together. And these will be grouped independently based on time( location in the world) and age of play. 

But for players like me, it's a terrificly horrible idea. Ask anyone in untamed land, every John Jones and Johnson have 500 mil offense, having players tick available PvP will just put more players in the meccy of John Jones and Johnson

LOL if the big coiners only had the option of fighting other big coiners they wouldn't get to feel like the big dog anymore and they'd stop spending money. 

And grouping a small player base into so many groups by all those different factors tends to take an already sparse active player group and split it up so much that it's nearly impossible to find anybody to fight. 
Jun 19, 2017, 20:2306/19/17
Jun 19, 2017, 20:41(edited)

oracle and biohazard just read you opinions

first of all realy thanks for sharing your experience with us (not just with me cause the point is to check all toghether some things)

i have to start with oracle

oracle thats truth if you provoke some players many will attack you thats why i should set some manners in my suggestion still my suggestion is anarchist

the main problem is coiner,huge coiners against no coiner thats also destroy pvp balance ,you have 500 griffins he has 50 mill all your griffins die and you just kill one dragon ,so realy negative score,yea some limits should exist but anyway the point is to activate and orginize the players,

biohaz about your reply:its a good answer equal to dj moody ,there is alternative ways to find pvp,need some effort but exist and as dj moody said you have to play smart

your replies guys dont say something about active players ,oracle talked about a panic happend with him with some coiners and some leagues(that a speciall occasion but ussual in our game is the truth if you provoke a league)

bio and dj talked about beacons and fortress or seiges but what about pvp with players,real player(active i mean) in normall contitions,how do you see the things in this case?are you pleased  with it  ?do you report any difference compared to the past?

Jun 20, 2017, 12:1206/20/17
Jun 20, 2017, 12:38(edited)

oracle please let me explain briefly why i said that your example  doesnt count.

The reason i avoid it is cause you talk about some coiners who use boost or have fbs

the truth is that not everyone can cover that distance or buy getaways

yes that guys deflect the problem"distance",using fbs ,getaways and boosts and in this case you are a pathetic target

keep in mind that i am not talking about a pathetic situation i am talking about how is your sense when you want to start pvp i noticed that players dont focus on it ,i hope after my comments i  am more clear :)

Jun 20, 2017, 13:5306/20/17
07/11/13

from my experience....  if you want pvp.. you just have to look for it.. Sometimes it takes longer than other times.. but you will find it.

and if you can't find defense to kill... its usually quite simple to get some hothead to raid you.
Jun 20, 2017, 14:1106/20/17
Jun 20, 2017, 14:12(edited)
Skycooldude said:

from my experience....  if you want pvp.. you just have to look for it.. Sometimes it takes longer than other times.. but you will find it.

and if you can't find defense to kill... its usually quite simple to get some hothead to raid you.

thats it a fact ,you can find hothead guys as you say,compared to the past chances is less of course
Jun 20, 2017, 21:1206/20/17
07/11/13
sison said:

Skycooldude said:

thats it a fact ,you can find hothead guys as you say,compared to the past chances is less of course
I wouldn't say chances are less... just that now its mostly stupid coining hotheads.. so the best bet is to defend something as a group and provoke attack
Jun 20, 2017, 22:0906/20/17
Jun 20, 2017, 22:14(edited)

Skycooldude said:

I wouldn't say chances are less... just that now its mostly stupid coining hotheads.. so the best bet is to defend something as a group and provoke attack

anyway in my area seems harder ,what i said is that there is enough active player in stormfall,i am not talking about coiners,i talk about no coiners, so there are enough no coiners but they are splited or play in a pathetic way so i feel empty the last period,anyway on my eyes things changed the last year ,opinions and  experiences is different according to the area you are ,probably in your area is still  some active players,i always talk about dark plans server :)

anyway thanks buddy good to see your opinion
Jun 21, 2017, 02:1406/21/17
Jun 21, 2017, 02:16(edited)

as for making the distance smaller, not everyone wants to be that close to that many hungry pvpers.  and for those who coin, they just make the map smaller with speed ups.

another player made a suggestion of a pvp tournament area where it would be turn base tactics like chess.  they suggested a limit on the amount of troops you can use.

so i said, like a duel arena where you teleport your army to a specific dueling area.

i also said that plarium doesn't have a true rock paper scissors format,  the defense kinda pseudo addresses it, but you can't turnbase tactics with it.

i stated that with a number limit on troops it would just end up being bestiary vs. bestiary.

so what i suggested is a duel arena where you use rock paper scissors and terrain tactics within another map that you port your troops to.  i have also stated that the main map needs more resources and pve opportunities,  so that entering a duel arena would be fun and not game ending.  or just pvp on the main map for that matter .  if pvp is tough to find on the main map, it is because 1 or 2 engagements are game ending for most players.  i.e.  more resources needed to replenish losses.

i know that when plarium hears this, what they will hear is, i want another multiplier.

Jun 21, 2017, 11:3406/21/17
Jun 21, 2017, 11:37(edited)

nobody said:

as for making the distance smaller, not everyone wants to be that close to that many hungry pvpers.  and for those who coin, they just make the map smaller with speed ups.

another player made a suggestion of a pvp tournament area where it would be turn base tactics like chess.  they suggested a limit on the amount of troops you can use.

so i said, like a duel arena where you teleport your army to a specific dueling area.

i also said that plarium doesn't have a true rock paper scissors format,  the defense kinda pseudo addresses it, but you can't turnbase tactics with it.

i stated that with a number limit on troops it would just end up being bestiary vs. bestiary.

so what i suggested is a duel arena where you use rock paper scissors and terrain tactics within another map that you port your troops to.  i have also stated that the main map needs more resources and pve opportunities,  so that entering a duel arena would be fun and not game ending.  or just pvp on the main map for that matter .  if pvp is tough to find on the main map, it is because 1 or 2 engagements are game ending for most players.  i.e.  more resources needed to replenish losses.

i know that when plarium hears this, what they will hear is, i want another multiplier.

i try to understand what do you mean "rock papaer scissor",not sure what do you mean if you could make your suggestiong a little bit more clear no need more than 3 lines just a small help cause i am not completely sure

and the part with "engagement" i did nt catch these two parts to be specific
Jun 22, 2017, 03:1906/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 03:22(edited)

sison said:

nobody said:

i try to understand what do you mean "rock papaer scissor",not sure what do you mean if you could make your suggestiong a little bit more clear no need more than 3 lines just a small help cause i am not completely sure

and the part with "engagement" i did nt catch these two parts to be specific

rock paper scissors in other games include, pikes are strong against cavalry but are weak towards archers because the pikes plunge into the horses and have reach to get knights,  they are however sitting ducks to a rain of arrows falling upon them.  so rock paper scissors creates the need to tactically chose which troops attack and at what time.  in a chronological attack.  factor in terrain and it actually becomes a strategy game.

another example of rock, paper, scissors would be mage advantage over melee, range over mage and melee over range.  of course range and mage always have an advantage based on distance attacks  and strong area of effect spells.

rock, paper, scissors is a game where paper covers rock and wins, rock smashes scissors and wins, scissor cuts paper and wins.  the outcome is due to knowing your opponent and their tendencies.  otherwise it is just random luck.  {or a slight hesitation}

engagements is just any battle.  if you put your whole defense on hamlets and a player wipes it out, so you revenge attack their castle and your entire offense is wiped out.  that would make your entire army wiped out in 2 engagements.  after building your army for 2 years, deciding you won't put another 2 years into rebuilding would make it game ending.
Jun 22, 2017, 11:1806/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 11:38(edited)

nobody said:

rock paper scissors in other games include, pikes are strong against cavalry but are weak towards archers because the pikes plunge into the horses and have reach to get knights,  they are however sitting ducks to a rain of arrows falling upon them.  so rock paper scissors creates the need to tactically chose which troops attack and at what time.  in a chronological attack.  factor in terrain and it actually becomes a strategy game.

another example of rock, paper, scissors would be mage advantage over melee, range over mage and melee over range.  of course range and mage always have an advantage based on distance attacks  and strong area of effect spells.

rock, paper, scissors is a game where paper covers rock and wins, rock smashes scissors and wins, scissor cuts paper and wins.  the outcome is due to knowing your opponent and their tendencies.  otherwise it is just random luck.  {or a slight hesitation}

engagements is just any battle.  if you put your whole defense on hamlets and a player wipes it out, so you revenge attack their castle and your entire offense is wiped out.  that would make your entire army wiped out in 2 engagements.  after building your army for 2 years, deciding you won't put another 2 years into rebuilding would make it game ending.

ok you made it more clear,i dont have it completetely but i think you talk about a system you can predict enemie's troop,i mean if he has more best or occult etc so you chose the best type of unit  but i as i see you dont talk about troop only you talke about distance melee etc so generaly you talk about a sytem where you can set properties,,,well not sure since dont have it completely,,,,anyway about troop it snot very essential to predict the players if have more bestiary or occult or infanrty protection or offensive power

sorry if i underestimated a little bit your suggestion i am not completely sure if i caught it completely it so i dont take the responsibility to say i am on topic :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.