All Categories

Champion Selection Is Illogical

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 17, 2018, 12:4708/17/18
12/13/14

Trying to kill a level 4 undead (1037 HP) - but the game auto-selects a level 2 Sapper (593 Attack Power)
Obviously it should select the Level 7 Sapper instead

The Auto-Select needs a lot of work - but I suggest that you just remove it completely

Auto-Select has never worked as we would expect, on any feature

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 20, 2018, 04:1108/20/18
08/21/14
When I've used that part of the UI, it always selected the last champion I used, regardless of that champion's power or the undead I clicked on.   For this reason, I only use the undead tab when I want to level just one champion at a time instead of 2-4, and sometimes not even then.  Most of the time, I select the champion from the champion tab and then click "attack undead".
Aug 20, 2018, 09:5608/20/18
04/10/15

Lord Snowgoon

what i do is going to champions window, look for the champion i want to send and then since that window i send to kill undeads clicking on the button..when is on the way, i go then to undeads window and once do this the next fight will autoselect the same champions that is coming back from the first fight

so in this way i use the same champion in all fights

hope this can help you

Regards
Aug 21, 2018, 22:3508/21/18
Aug 21, 2018, 23:02(edited)
12/13/14

We are told that there are many ways to use champions to attack undead

We can use the Champions interface, the Undead interface or attack directly using the Map

Obviously the first option is most useful and the other 2 should be ignored .. cannot really understand why they were added, but using the map is totally insane and illogical

If they insist on adding these methods, and of adding auto-selection of champions, then they should try to make it work in a way that does not make them look like complete amateurs
The auto-select only chooses the last champion we used, with no regard for strength

They should either fix it or remove it, as it can only add to the mistakes already being made by many

Aug 22, 2018, 17:5908/22/18
Aug 22, 2018, 17:59(edited)
08/21/14

Snowgoon, the auto-select last champion is actually very useful when trying to quickly level a single champion.   When this is my goal, I go to the undead screen and stay there until I'm done with that champion.   Most of time, I'm leveling 2-4 champions at once, and so I use the champion screen method for that.

Just use the method which best suits your goal at the time.
Aug 25, 2018, 15:2208/25/18
Aug 25, 2018, 16:11(edited)
11/04/15

Aegon Targaryen said:

Snowgoon, the auto-select last champion is actually very useful when trying to quickly level a single champion.   When this is my goal, I go to the undead screen and stay there until I'm done with that champion.   Most of time, I'm leveling 2-4 champions at once, and so I use the champion screen method for that.

I hate using it

It expects you to attack an undead without knowing which one to attack

Then it auto-selects a champion almost at random

The Tutorial Quest makes this worse, because it teaches new players to use the Undead Interface or the Map
Clicking the Start button takes you directly to the Undead Interface
The first Tutorial Quest tells us to use the MAP, which is terrible advice - http://prntscr.com/kms7qu

The ONLY sensible method is to use the Champion Interface, then you can choose which champion to use and then choose which undead to attack. Use the Padlock to find your champion quickly
Any other method causes mistakes, probably without noticing that mistakes have been made

This is likely the main reason for all the complaints about wasted energy

BiohazarDModerator
Aug 25, 2018, 16:4408/25/18
10/04/13
Snowgoon said:

We are told that there are many ways to use champions to attack undead

We can use the Champions interface, the Undead interface or attack directly using the Map

Obviously the first option is most useful and the other 2 should be ignored .. cannot really understand why they were added, but using the map is totally insane and illogical

If they insist on adding these methods, and of adding auto-selection of champions, then they should try to make it work in a way that does not make them look like complete amateurs
The auto-select only chooses the last champion we used, with no regard for strength

They should either fix it or remove it, as it can only add to the mistakes already being made by many

Haha I just imagined somebody scrolling through the map looking for undead to attack :P  I suppose you can do the same thing with bgs, it just wouldn't make any sense to do so.  But yes, it'd be nice if they just removed the autoselect feature, so you have to manually select but there's no chance of the game sending the wrong one without you noticing. 
Aug 28, 2018, 20:3808/28/18
08/21/14

toggit said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I hate using it

It expects you to attack an undead without knowing which one to attack

Then it auto-selects a champion almost at random

The Tutorial Quest makes this worse, because it teaches new players to use the Undead Interface or the Map
Clicking the Start button takes you directly to the Undead Interface
The first Tutorial Quest tells us to use the MAP, which is terrible advice - http://prntscr.com/kms7qu

The ONLY sensible method is to use the Champion Interface, then you can choose which champion to use and then choose which undead to attack. Use the Padlock to find your champion quickly
Any other method causes mistakes, probably without noticing that mistakes have been made

This is likely the main reason for all the complaints about wasted energy

When I use it for leveling a single champion quickly, I already know which undead to attack.  I stay with the same undead until my champion increases to an odd level, then I hit the next undead until the next odd level.  I always verify the attack power of the champion during its return before I send it out again, though.  I just sit on the undead and as soon as the champion returns, I click send.  Its a very quick way of leveling a single champion.   Also, the auto select is NOT random.  It's always the last champion you sent.   At least, this has always been the case for me.

I usually use champion screen because I'm usually leveling mulitple champions at a time.   When I want to level a single champion quickly, the fastest method I've found is via the undead screen with Paragon 10+ active.

Aug 28, 2018, 21:0108/28/18
08/21/14

I use the padlock to save thinking time and prevent accidental sacrifices.   I do have to scroll down to select my champions, but once there, I stay there until done or until I'm ready to go through some battle reports before restarting.   I only lock champions I do not not wish to sacrifice or champions that will be used in the future to enlighten my Rank 5 or Rank 6 champs.

I find this easier, as I don't have to take time to think about whether or not I was saving a champion, since if its not locked, its safe to sacrifice.   Plus, locked champions do not show up on the sacrifice screen, anyway.

In the beginning, I would max out every champion before sacrificing it to get emeralds.  Now that I've maxed enough Rank 4 and 5 champs, I have enough emeralds that I don't bother maxing out Rank 1-3 champs anymore unless they're going to be upgraded.   Its seems faster  anyway (IMO) to sacrifice them for rank upgrades as soon as they're level 1 of the needed rank rather than waste energy and time maxing them out.

I imagine the filtering option that works best will be different for each player depending on how their brain/mind works to solve various problems.  There is no overall right or wrong way here, i think.  I used various filtering methods, and settled on rank as what works best for me, so far at least.

Aug 28, 2018, 22:2308/28/18
Aug 28, 2018, 23:09(edited)
12/13/14

Aegon Targaryen said:

I imagine the filtering option that works best will be different for each player depending on how their brain/mind works to solve various problems.  There is no overall right or wrong way here, i think.  I used various filtering methods, and settled on rank as what works best for me, so far at least.

If you try filtering by Locked then you will see all of your favourite champions at the top and have no need to scroll down the list

All other champions will be shown by rarirty, rank and level so will be easy to find too

It gets much more complicated after they add the League Tower Event in a few weeks, because your champions interface will include many Geists, which are also various grades and ranks ... so the whole thing quickly gets very ugly and cumbersome - http://prntscr.com/ko0cie
The Padlock method will make a big difference then

Once you know how it all works you can choose any method that works for you, but new players are making a lot of mistakes and wasting energy - I blame the badly written tutorial quests for this

Maybe better if they bring out a new video ... especially if it can explain Tower event
We only get 14 clicks in this event so cannot afford to waste any