All Categories

Get rid of the idiotic pointless screen saver!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 18, 2020, 16:5701/18/20
09/01/15

The totally pointless, idiotic screen saver is a nightmare! Every 2 minutes that god damn thing comes up and shuts the game out behind it. It even blocks sounds. Many people rely on audio notification of activities such as spying but it blocks everything. If i want to invite friends to the game i will i DO NOT need to have it thrust into my face every 2 minutes. My PC has it's own screen saver i do not need yours! If you are that desperate for new players advertise more!

If there is a way to disable this thing please post because i never want to see this incerdibly annoying thing ever again!

Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Jan 20, 2020, 12:3801/20/20
02/22/19

Hello Lord Kal , i'm sorry for that dismay  , and i understand your  frustration ! 

I noticed that if i keep the screen of my game always active , doing actions , click here click there etc, that window with the screensaver doesn't apper so often ! Unfortunatelly if you just look at the pc , and you don't do any action than the screensaver pop up !

Anyway i will forward your feedback to the team !

Thank you for your patience and for reported that to us!

I wish you a good game and good battles !
Jan 24, 2020, 15:0901/24/20
09/01/15

Thank you MIC999 for your exemplary explenation of how a screen saver works, however over my 40+ years of using PC's i had grasped the concept thank you.

What do you suggest i keep clicking on for the 4 or 5 hours i might be playing? The townhouse that's taking 49 days to build? The lost art that's not finishing until the middle of February? My catacombs just to make sure that no one has stolen my troops?

Nobody just sits and clicks and clicks on this game, it is the most passive game ever devised. This is a background game for the vast majority of people who play it.

The point is - It Blocks Out The Game Behind It!

If it didn't do that i wouldn't have a problem. A lot of people rely on the sound alerts that come from this game. If they don't serve a purpose why did you put them in?

When your in the champions pop up the game carries on behind it no problem so why can't you get the 'invite friends with credit cards desperation screen saver' to do the same?

Jan 24, 2020, 18:3901/24/20
12/29/16
if they extend the time to 3 mins it's currently at 1 min so while waiting for a raid it pops up , also every move like returning units or sent units interupts game play and lots of time changes what i was about to do this info should not interupt game play with every action. thanks
Jan 24, 2020, 18:4701/24/20
08/09/15

hello guys

i second this sugestion 

reasons : 

1. when a castle is spied ,league mates and friends reinforce... but when the game is blocked we dnt receive the reports.. i was online and a friend was spied and raided which i could have easily defended

2. delay in messages: it takes a short amount of time for messages to pop out even after u close the screen saver 

3.delay in actions and reports: it also takes seconds for reports to show too.any experienced player can vouch how important one or 2 seconds are in war game.. people spy and the narrower the reinforcement time is for send the greater chance we also get to run into a sieged castle with defense,people dnt always raid,they siege too

4. with 1 second it takes to click on okay to for under one 1 min reinforcement boost and 2 seconds here ,it could ruin a chance to defend,or far worse run into a siege with defense

i understand thats how plarium advertises or gets new players to the game,still thats how armies get killed,so i suggest this one be deleted or at least put into some place which dsnt work as screen saver,or extend the time to much longer period

seconds count in a strategy based game like this

stay away from trolls and have fun

fURY,

heir to nothing,

shtpatown,