All Categories

Server transfers or merge

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 12, 2020, 05:0801/12/20
05/15/16

Hi, after review, I feel that a much needed merger or (paid) transfer option should be implemented. 

Server 2 + 3 to form a new server (2). IE: Merge low population servers into 1 or offer a paid way to move between/from. 

Server 1 is fairly active (in my mind) whereas 2/3 are very stagnant with only occasional action happening. Quite a bit of farm and PvE going on, at least from my standpoint.

I am sure this would not be an easy feat granted there are questions regarding beacon placement and allocations, fortress, hamlet numbers, leagues, coalition and people who would feel cheated or attacked should plarium "force" this. I can see this from both sides, but in the bigger picture, this merge would make for more action and quite possibly reinvigorate the PvP aspect and possibly attract new playerbases, bring old players back. Which leads me to believe, a paid option to transfer may be more ideal, however any consideration by the community, management, support, developers is highly appreciated. 

Inside this post, I am somewhat requesting multiple things: Paid transfers off S1 > S2 / S3 if no merge consideration or if / or in addition to (merging of servers) to and from S1/S2/S3 from current server.

As a current MMORPG player - most games have adopted this, think WoW, Rift, Skyrim, just to name a few, these games are both older and newer examples. This option includes a paid / free option for plarium to consider moving forward and as always this is just a suggestion to improve community and interaction inside of the game than the current game. This has helped substantially in WoW and provided much needed rejuvenation to low population servers/unbalanced servers. 

I also understand completely, stormfall is not WoW. I am not here to say that but rather shed my ideas on how this feature in other hardcore strategy games was implemented and utilized (with a positive impact). 

P.S.

Apologies to moderaters/community managers if this has been posted previously, been denied or has already been forwarded. I did not see it from my review of the forum. Also for grammar, and potential errors on writing. :) 

Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 13, 2020, 11:4801/13/20
05/21/19
zach-rose11 said:

Hi, after review, I feel that a much needed merger or (paid) transfer option should be implemented. 

Server 2 + 3 to form a new server (2). IE: Merge low population servers into 1 or offer a paid way to move between/from. 

Server 1 is fairly active (in my mind) whereas 2/3 are very stagnant with only occasional action happening. Quite a bit of farm and PvE going on, at least from my standpoint.

I am sure this would not be an easy feat granted there are questions regarding beacon placement and allocations, fortress, hamlet numbers, leagues, coalition and people who would feel cheated or attacked should plarium "force" this. I can see this from both sides, but in the bigger picture, this merge would make for more action and quite possibly reinvigorate the PvP aspect and possibly attract new playerbases, bring old players back. Which leads me to believe, a paid option to transfer may be more ideal, however any consideration by the community, management, support, developers is highly appreciated. 

Inside this post, I am somewhat requesting multiple things: Paid transfers off S1 > S2 / S3 if no merge consideration or if / or in addition to (merging of servers) to and from S1/S2/S3 from current server.

As a current MMORPG player - most games have adopted this, think WoW, Rift, Skyrim, just to name a few, these games are both older and newer examples. This option includes a paid / free option for plarium to consider moving forward and as always this is just a suggestion to improve community and interaction inside of the game than the current game. This has helped substantially in WoW and provided much needed rejuvenation to low population servers/unbalanced servers. 

I also understand completely, stormfall is not WoW. I am not here to say that but rather shed my ideas on how this feature in other hardcore strategy games was implemented and utilized (with a positive impact). 

P.S.

Apologies to moderaters/community managers if this has been posted previously, been denied or has already been forwarded. I did not see it from my review of the forum. Also for grammar, and potential errors on writing. :) 

Hello! Thanks for your suggestion! We've already discussed this matter with the team. At the moment, we don't have such plans though it may change in future. Have a nice day!
Feb 24, 2020, 22:3602/24/20
08/09/15

mergin a server as Sir Dan mentioned would take a tremendious effort ! but moving a castle isnt hard at all 

a player wanting to change the server is as easy as plarium giving someone some units