spam attacks on castles and fort ! advantages and disadvantages and solutions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 29, 2019, 00:5711/29/19
08/09/15

here,we are gonna talk logically about cons and pros emotion free

one might take advantage of this technique and turn it into a potential good chance and make use of it, how ? someone might mask a real attack amongst all these fake attacks. someone could send few hundred fake attacks and just one real one to let the defender let his/her guard down.its a solid good strategy. even though most use this just to harass players im not gonna argue about stopping this as it wouldn't be fair either too...

plarium tried offering a solution to this by making a percentage based report 

this wont solve the problem too for one simple reason.forts and beacons are so stacked that u might attack with 1000 units and the defenders wouldnt even lose one unit.still they want to be able to see this kind of reports as they might be test hitting the fort or beacon to see how much there is in there so players just dnt want to risk not seeing these reports

one simple solution

set the reports to number based instead of percentage based

harassers normally use one infantry units !!! 

if we were able to receive reports based on the number of units used this would solve test hit on beacon and fort problems too. lets say we could filter the reports for attacks which used less than 100 power

this can be done in 2 ways:

1.Minimal force limits for attacks as there is also a maximum limit on castles/beacons and forts .this would make it so that no one can attack with only one unit.or at least should use 30,40 or 50 units to attack. players who do this or use this strategy just simply to harass would run outa units if they spammed 100 times

2.receive the reports unit number based: the setting is changed from percentage based to number based ! so we can set the reports to unit numbers. lets say if we set the reports to see 30 units we wont see the reports in which a player used less than 30 units to harass a castle or a beacon.

if u develop this on ur platform u could use it on all ur games.it would take some time and effort but it would be worth it.

Respectfully,

fURY,

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 30, 2019, 18:3611/30/19
05/07/18
I really like the idea of minimum force limits for attacks.  Something I would add is base the limit on players level.  For example levels 1-20 could send 1 unit, 21-50 5 units, 51-70 10 units, 71-80 15 units, 81-90 20 units, 91-100 30 inits, 101-105 40 units, 106-110 50 units, etc.  The higher levels get more stringent.  Gives incentive to higher levels to NOT harass lower levels.
Nov 30, 2019, 18:5111/30/19
01/01/18
same as above
Dec 1, 2019, 17:3712/01/19
08/09/15

some people might think it would limit their action if plarium sets minimal offence limit for which there is the second option too

in which minimal offence power is not changed but the report setting is in a way that we can change it so  we wont have to see the reports if the attacker is using less than certain amount of units by number not percentage which has many disadvantages. for example if some is sending one or few pikemen we can set the setting so we dnt receive the reports in reinforced castles or beacons or fort

im fine with either TBH as long as people cant exploit the loopholes in rules to troll others

please like this content if it was helpfull..it helps

down the post u click on like

Regards,

fURY,
Dec 1, 2019, 19:0812/01/19
07/31/16
well done fURY
AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 2, 2019, 10:4212/02/19
05/21/19

fURY said:

here,we are gonna talk logically about cons and pros emotion free

one might take advantage of this technique and turn it into a potential good chance and make use of it, how ? someone might mask a real attack amongst all these fake attacks. someone could send few hundred fake attacks and just one real one to let the defender let his/her guard down.its a solid good strategy. even though most use this just to harass players im not gonna argue about stopping this as it wouldn't be fair either too...

plarium tried offering a solution to this by making a percentage based report 

this wont solve the problem too for one simple reason.forts and beacons are so stacked that u might attack with 1000 units and the defenders wouldnt even lose one unit.still they want to be able to see this kind of reports as they might be test hitting the fort or beacon to see how much there is in there so players just dnt want to risk not seeing these reports

one simple solution

set the reports to number based instead of percentage based

harassers normally use one infantry units !!! 

if we were able to receive reports based on the number of units used this would solve test hit on beacon and fort problems too. lets say we could filter the reports for attacks which used less than 100 power

this can be done in 2 ways:

1.Minimal force limits for attacks as there is also a maximum limit on castles/beacons and forts .this would make it so that no one can attack with only one unit.or at least should use 30,40 or 50 units to attack. players who do this or use this strategy just simply to harass would run outa units if they spammed 100 times

2.receive the reports unit number based: the setting is changed from percentage based to number based ! so we can set the reports to unit numbers. lets say if we set the reports to see 30 units we wont see the reports in which a player used less than 30 units to harass a castle or a beacon.

if u develop this on ur platform u could use it on all ur games.it would take some time and effort but it would be worth it.

Respectfully,

fURY,

Hello, Fury!

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. I understand why you've come to such an idea, and it sounds really interesting. However, "Stormfall: Age of War" is a war strategy game. Players have different tactics and it's a normal part of the gameplay. We don't want to limit our players here. We do hope for your understanding. Cheers! 
Dec 2, 2019, 21:0312/02/19
04/19/16

Thank you Fury for your thoughts and ideas on addressing a growing problem in the game!! I am not certain what the best way is to fix it. There are definitely pros and cons to any change but at some point a change must be made. Force minimums would limit some in hamlets and in sieges so that might be an issue. altering the herald settings would be a great start to at least limit the effects the spamming behavior has. It affects not only the individual player but often the target's league, friends, and allies. I understand its intended use but to me it is simply another form of harassment. Adjusting the herald at least provides some relief.

We are now in an era where alts are not only accepted but basically encouraged in the game and it takes minimal effort to go create 20 alts and send several hundred fake attacks at someone a day. As a non-cash player I can sympathize with being run over by large spenders here and it is frustrating but to me using those tactics is not the  answer and only serves to take the joy out what is supposed to be a game. 

Kudos Fury for starting a conversation on the issue. Hopefully Plarium will listen and take some sensible action. it's a war game and there will always be winners and losers but it's all in fun and spamming serves little if any strategic purpose other than to prevent someone else from enjoying the game.

happy hunting and have fun Stormfall!!

BK1 DBA
Dec 3, 2019, 07:0012/03/19
Dec 3, 2019, 07:02(edited)
08/09/15

Alina said:

Hello, Fury!

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. I understand why you've come to such an idea, and it sounds really interesting. However, "Stormfall: Age of War" is a war strategy game. Players have different tactics and it's a normal part of the gameplay. We don't want to limit our players here. We do hope for your understanding. Cheers! 

Hello Alina,

thanks for ur kind response

and yes i do understand and appreciate the explanation,

but what about the reports ? which will not limit the action itself ? its just that we wont have to see the reports in reinforced castles

i also do understand that this is a war game and actions like this will stir up a little more action between 2 parties... the annoyed party who is under fake attacks will try to retaliate by doing real raids,more war and more units dying.. but thats just it .that will the last one between these 2. trust me the latter will leave that league alone forever as they are just too annoying and alot more hard work to tackle with these fakes if u see the long term

percentage based reports have many flaws when it comes to beacons and fort,but number based solves everything.in a way that we dont see those reports. still compromises can be achieved too.

if it becomes number based,a player can still do fake and we just dnt receive the report on REINFORCED castle.however we will still receive the reports on our own castles even if its one unit as in percentage based as its always been like this.so if a player wants to stir up a war the sitation remains the same.its just the reports of the fakes fill the heralds so we dnt see very important ones everything aside..

i try to be a reasonable person and i really do appreciate all the developments which have been and are being patched to the game every day so i wont bother u anymore if there is just no way u can look into this so u can close this thread

Regards,

fURY, 
Dec 3, 2019, 08:5812/03/19
08/31/15

Alina said:

Hello, Fury!

While I can understand not wanting to limit player's options, I think most can agree there is a real problem here.

1) Stormfall limits how many reports we can have, gives us no choice in what is auto deleted, but also gives us no way to prevent our inboxes from being intentionally flooded with spam.  If you don't want to limit what players can send, how about letting us have much better report filters so that we don't get inboxes choked with 1 troop spam attacks on the fort from 20 different accounts?

2) While I know always on PvP "strategy" games can get fairly toxic, this particular form of harassment is basically exploiting game mechanics to carry out a denial of service attack on a player or group of players.  It clogs reports, causes stuff to be auto deleted, and in some cases, the massive activity on the troop tracker badly lags or even crashes the game for the victim(s).  Is using botted alts to spam fake attacks really the kind of gameplay the devs wish to encourage?

3) Just for the fun of it, if you consider harassment a valid tactic that should be encouraged, then please add an auto spam function.  Lets flood all of Stormfall with billions upon billions of fake attacks!  Won't all that fake activity make things so much more exciting?  Then, the devs would also be able to tweak the quests to line up with new game realities.  I'd recommend the monthly goal of "successfully log in with 5000 or more incoming attacks".  There'd be no need for daily or weekly since chances are that the game wouldn't even load most days =P
AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 10, 2019, 12:0512/10/19
05/21/19

fURY said:

Alina said:

Hello, Fury!

Hello Alina,

thanks for ur kind response

and yes i do understand and appreciate the explanation,

but what about the reports ? which will not limit the action itself ? its just that we wont have to see the reports in reinforced castles

i also do understand that this is a war game and actions like this will stir up a little more action between 2 parties... the annoyed party who is under fake attacks will try to retaliate by doing real raids,more war and more units dying.. but thats just it .that will the last one between these 2. trust me the latter will leave that league alone forever as they are just too annoying and alot more hard work to tackle with these fakes if u see the long term

percentage based reports have many flaws when it comes to beacons and fort,but number based solves everything.in a way that we dont see those reports. still compromises can be achieved too.

if it becomes number based,a player can still do fake and we just dnt receive the report on REINFORCED castle.however we will still receive the reports on our own castles even if its one unit as in percentage based as its always been like this.so if a player wants to stir up a war the sitation remains the same.its just the reports of the fakes fill the heralds so we dnt see very important ones everything aside..

i try to be a reasonable person and i really do appreciate all the developments which have been and are being patched to the game every day so i wont bother u anymore if there is just no way u can look into this so u can close this thread

Regards,

fURY, 

Hello! Thanks for your reply! 

So, basically, your idea is to prevent players from receiving Battle Reports on the reinforced castles? Did I get it right? 

Dec 19, 2019, 23:4612/19/19
08/09/15

hello Alina

yes it would help alot if we could just did not receive the reports on reinforced castles under some certain number of units 

i really appreciate the time u gave for this topic.and i know many else do too 

reinforced castles and fort and beacon.i dnt mind being spammed or some dnt mind if they are being spammed as long as it dsnt anoy leaguemates too...

Dec 28, 2019, 08:4112/28/19
08/09/15

Alina percent based dnt work reports dnt work

grand marshal report

Herald reports:

and this is the attack:

cuz the defender,my ally ,was so strong and i didnt lose the archer stationed there i didnt receive the report... i understand this also solves the spammers spam one unit attack but what about the beacons and fort ? or even castles ? someone might attack my castle with 5k dragons and my friends would receive the reports cuz they wouldnt lose the trip units they have stationed in my castle.. it becomes more obvious in beacons and fort...someone might attack with 10k units and we wont receive the reports.... but we need to see those reports cuz its very important in game play and stratgy designing

one simple solution :the reports become number based not percent based...

i realize repeating something might become annoying but i honestly think this should fix everything and im trying to make the game better..

please think about this... no action is restricted here and reports get fixed...

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 10, 2020, 13:0101/10/20
05/21/19

fURY said:

hello Alina

yes it would help alot if we could just did not receive the reports on reinforced castles under some certain number of units 

i really appreciate the time u gave for this topic.and i know many else do too 

reinforced castles and fort and beacon.i dnt mind being spammed or some dnt mind if they are being spammed as long as it dsnt anoy leaguemates too...

Hello!

Thanks for your explanation! We'll think about it. Cheers!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 10, 2020, 13:0301/10/20
Jan 10, 2020, 13:03(edited)
05/21/19

fURY said:

grand marshal report

Herald reports:

and this is the attack:

cuz the defender,my ally ,was so strong and i didnt lose the archer stationed there i didnt receive the report... i understand this also solves the spammers spam one unit attack but what about the beacons and fort ? or even castles ? someone might attack my castle with 5k dragons and my friends would receive the reports cuz they wouldnt lose the trip units they have stationed in my castle.. it becomes more obvious in beacons and fort...someone might attack with 10k units and we wont receive the reports.... but we need to see those reports cuz its very important in game play and stratgy designing

one simple solution :the reports become number based not percent based...

i realize repeating something might become annoying but i honestly think this should fix everything and im trying to make the game better..

please think about this... no action is restricted here and reports get fixed...

Hello! I've thoroughly read your post, but not sure that I got the idea of the "reports become number based not per cent based". Could you please specify it? Thanks a lot!

Jan 11, 2020, 03:1901/11/20
08/09/15

Alina said:

fURY said:

Hello! I've thoroughly read your post, but not sure that I got the idea of the "reports become number based not per cent based". Could you please specify it? Thanks a lot!

hello

thanks for sparing the time to read that long post alina,its appreciated.

if an attacker uses under some certain amount of units on fort,beacons or castles,we wont receive the reports,number based not percentage

for example if someone sends a siege using under 100 units,we dnt receive the reports.spammers use only 1,2 units. if we were to receive the reports based on the numbers attackers use we wouldn't have any problems

filters should be based on number of units used not percentage.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 13, 2020, 11:4501/13/20
05/21/19

fURY said:

Alina said:

fURY said:

hello

thanks for sparing the time to read that long post alina,its appreciated.

if an attacker uses under some certain amount of units on fort,beacons or castles,we wont receive the reports,number based not percentage

for example if someone sends a siege using under 100 units,we dnt receive the reports.spammers use only 1,2 units. if we were to receive the reports based on the numbers attackers use we wouldn't have any problems

filters should be based on number of units used not percentage.

Hello again!

Thanks, now I got it. It was a perfect explanation, and now I can forward it to the game team since I see you've got a few supporters, too. I'll make sure the team has a look at your suggestion. Have a nice day! 
Jan 13, 2020, 23:1901/13/20
08/09/15

Alina said:

fURY said:

Alina said:

fURY said:

Hello again!

Thanks, now I got it. It was a perfect explanation, and now I can forward it to the game team since I see you've got a few supporters, too. I'll make sure the team has a look at your suggestion. Have a nice day! 

for each player reading or responding, pls note that there are hundreds not even aware of forum or simply have not seen the subject ...

this is a serious problem and let me assure ya Alina,everyone has in some point tackled with this issue

let some time pass and u will see how many reads this gets...

if this is solved im sure the game will be more enjoyable

Jan 13, 2020, 23:5201/13/20
05/10/16
I like my spam cooked well