All Categories

I would Like to suggest a PVE option

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 15, 2019, 20:4207/15/19
11/04/15

im sure alot of the coiners wont like this but it would be nice to have the option of a PVE toggle, which players could use if they went on vacation or were offline due to work constraints, theres always plenty of players who are in PVP mode but giving players that option would benefit the game alot. I know its frustrating when you have to be away from game for a myriad of reasons, my wife is just recovering from another bout of surgery so a PVE toggle would be great, it would keep people in game and allow them to build troops and be engaged in growing theri castles and leagues.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 16, 2019, 03:0907/16/19
06/29/19

You're going to get the 'we already have this, it's called weor's protection'.

Even besides the fact that plarium has monetary incentives to not add this (killing units being the main one, buying protection secondary), I still think this would take a while to actually add because I can see a lot of ways it could be abused, being able to use it to dodge an incoming raid, or to hit someone then use it, would replace an item in the game that already exists, but, just having an 'on off switch' would cause a massive imbalance in people just ignoring defense because one of the main reasons to actually build it (castle defense) would disappear. 

I think the concept of the suggestion is great, I'm just not sure how they could actually add it to the game with it being 'balanced'. The only suggestion I could possibly make is that if you were to active it, it would be a set period of time and you wouldn't be able to deactivate it and thus can't raid or attack or go after hamlets or any other action outside of your castle (still allowed to upgrade buildings/build units etc...) this would probably need to have a cooldown though, for example, you get a 1 week period every 2 months or something.

I don't know how they could balance it, and make it beneficial to both parties (plarium and the players) and that's also not my job, but, I think this would require a lot of time and effort on the developers part to work it out.

Jul 16, 2019, 19:3107/16/19
11/04/15
i play on a mmorpg which has a pve toggle it has a 12hr cooldown if  youre in pvp mode it can take 12 hours for pve to activate, so it negates switiching it on and off at a whim, but i can see your point on the pros and cons, weors protection is ok but many non-coiner players cant afford that option to cover say a week or 2 if theyre on vacation etc. Eh it was just an idea 
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 19, 2019, 13:2007/19/19
05/21/19

SNAFU said:

im sure alot of the coiners wont like this but it would be nice to have the option of a PVE toggle, which players could use if they went on vacation or were offline due to work constraints, theres always plenty of players who are in PVP mode but giving players that option would benefit the game alot. I know its frustrating when you have to be away from game for a myriad of reasons, my wife is just recovering from another bout of surgery so a PVE toggle would be great, it would keep people in game and allow them to build troops and be engaged in growing theri castles and leagues.

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestion! Honestly, I think it's a good one, but I'm not sure if our game team thinks the same. In any way, we can ask them. 

Thanks for your idea and good luck on the battlefield! 
Aug 9, 2019, 04:4908/09/19
11/04/15
@LIMAD lvl 26 catacombs is fine but no good if you have an emergency, like the one my wife just had where she ended up in icu, being able to place her castle in pve mode would be helpful in times like this, rather than have her come back to a castle thats been assaulted, id love her to be able to come back to a castle she can enjoy building troops in , which would help her recovery, positive reinforcement is better than dispair dont you think? Or have all the players who actually cared given up
AlinaCommunity Manager
Aug 22, 2019, 07:5008/22/19
05/21/19

SNAFU said:

Hello!

Here I am, back with feedback from our dev team  Unfortunately, after deep consideration, we decided to decline your suggestion to have the option of a PVE toggle. The reason is that our team would like to see our players as active and engaged as possible. We do hope for your understanding. 

Cheers!