New Improvements And Castle Skin Available At The Black Market!

31 Reply
zapelo
22 October, 2016, 1:56 PM UTC

Red said:

zapelo said:

There is no new castle skin. The one with pumpkins was there since always. 

This is low. Advertising something OLD as NEW and for LIMITED TIME.

How stupid do you think we are?

I am sure nobody believes any of the players are "stupid" as it does take a modicum of intelligence to play a strategy game. 

While the "Haunted Castle"  Castle Skin and the accompanying themed Improvements may not be "new" to you, they may be "new" to players that have not been in the game as long as you have. However, the "limited time only" is accurate.
The castle skin and all improvements connected to Halloween are there from "forever".
Either they will be removed or it is another lie in a series.
And the wording of the original message about it being "new" is not a "bit" misleading. It is a plain and simple lie. 
English is not a complicated language to understand. 
So it leads me to repeat/upgrade my question.
How stupid or brainwashed do you think we are?
UTC +0:00
Snowgoon
22 October, 2016, 2:07 PM UTC

Keaton said:

Community, please assist me with this one, I may be mistaken:

When I look at the list of improvements available to me, I see nothing new whatsoever, which suggests that the "Limited time" line only applies to the Castle skin.

It looks like they mean the skull candle - http://prntscr.com/cxii9c

I don't think any of these arguments are constructive nor helpful.
Seasonal items have always been offered in games like this and are often shown as 'new'
Veteran gamers take such claims with a pinch of salt, and realise that they will be new for most players but not for all. Its not important.

The price of such items, however, is important

We can get the same skins on other servers 60% cheaper - and they are 50% stronger too

The Haunted Castle costs 2,000 not 5,000 and gives 1500 bonus not 1000

http://prntscr.com/cximp5

Only 800 Sapphires with 60% discount and gives 1500 Castle Bonus

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
Red
23 October, 2016, 8:00 AM UTC
KING said:

in that case RED why say "new" ?

he could say something like this : "To those who have not discovered our special Halloween castle skin and many other related halloween improvements "

so technically it was false advertising !
I will not hazard a guess as to "why" Lord Oberon's post was worded as it was. However, I am happy to forward your suggestion for re-wording to the Community Manager.
Stormfall Mod
UTC -6:00
Red
23 October, 2016, 8:11 AM UTC

djmoody said:

Red said:

FAILO said:

The castle skin is easy to find but where do you have the "new improvements" what it seems like is that actually NO "new improvements" were added and you are advertising for old improvements that have always been there.
While the Castle Skin and All Hallow's Eve Improvements may not be "new" to you and others that have been in the game for over a year, they are "new" to players who have been in the game for less time. I do believe the lack of specificity in the wording may be a bit misleading, but not to the detriment of anyone.

One of the worst posts ever. You don't have to justify the indefensible just because you are a mod (and a "new" one by the looks of it seeing as these were your first posts - by "new" i really do mean "produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before").

It's just pure and simple false advertising. It's done quite intentionally to maximise profit and mislead their own customers. It's a not particular  nice sales technique, rush people to buy without proper consideration via a time limited offer. In this case they crossed the line of decency by outright lying.

You are entitled to your opinion of any post on the Forum.

While I am "new" to the Forum on this site, I am not new to being a Moderator nor am I new to the game.

I don't believe Lord Oberon's message was "done quite intentionally" nor do I believe you have proof to support your libelous statement, so please consider your words carefully.

Please remember, nobody forces anyone to buy anything in this game. Each player chooses their own action or inaction.
Stormfall Mod
Red
23 October, 2016, 8:23 AM UTC
Keaton said:

Red said:

FAILO said:

The castle skin is easy to find but where do you have the "new improvements" what it seems like is that actually NO "new improvements" were added and you are advertising for old improvements that have always been there.
While the Castle Skin and All Hallow's Eve Improvements may not be "new" to you and others that have been in the game for over a year, they are "new" to players who have been in the game for less time. I do believe the lack of specificity in the wording may be a bit misleading, but not to the detriment of anyone.

RED: 

1) It has been detrimental to me (I have requested new improvements under suggestions, so my hopes were raised when I saw this thread, and dashed when I read it); 

2) it has been detrimental to your own credibility, and, hopefully, your own conscience; 

3) it has been detrimental to Plarium's relationship with players; and

4) it is detrimental to people whose decision to spend money has been influenced by false information. 

False advertising is considered unethical because it is detrimental.  Do you have the moral courage to acknowledge this?

I realise, that like a lot of companies, you seem to put marketing analytics ahead of direct customer feedback. I can understand how this applies to new features, etc, but does it apply to ethical issues as well?

1) Your marketing department has concluded that false advertising is the way to go - 

2) You have direct feedback from customers saying it's not acceptable.  

Please pick one.

(Please note; it's never too late to do the right thing: you can close this thread, create a new one acknowledging that this one was misleading, and then correctly state the facts - if implemented, I would be incredibly impressed; and if such a correction made it to the "news", I would be blown away.)

Thank you for your detailed feedback. While I have no control over anything that Plarium does, I am happy to suggest to a Community Manager that a copy of your post be shared with the Marketing department for their review and consideration.
Stormfall Mod
vakonziko
23 October, 2016, 9:02 AM UTC

I miss this skin. Haunted skin is nothing new, I want this!

FAILO
23 October, 2016, 4:19 PM UTC
vakonziko said:

I miss this skin. Haunted skin is nothing new, I want this!

that is a special skin awarded to VIP players
Oracle
25 October, 2016, 7:58 AM UTC

jssamp2003 said:

oracle said:

The pumpkin cattle skin, I need one of those, Love pumpkins, 

But I have no sapphires left, had 42K last week now less than  100, How do you get those without coining in a limited time

I also appreciate the fact that you stopped using the word Halloween, its a sinners word, fashion to extend imperialism. Next is ''winter units'' that come when 90 % of the world is having summer. We must do way with that too.
There is never a time when 90% of the world is having summer. It is a physical impossibility. No matter what angle your axis of rotation is tilted from the orbital plane or how extreme the difference in winter and summer, you still can not exceed 50% summer and less if you have distinct vernal and autumnal seasons as well.

By 90% i meant the population 75% of that population live in India (April to June ) and Africa (mid-October to mid- February), if you did notice most of the population in the world have summer during western worlds winter.

I never get to buy those ice stuff as they would melt in my cattle. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
GrizzlyBear
26 October, 2016, 5:31 PM UTC

Okay, I have only been with game since June and I have seen the Pumpkin Skin on some castles so I know it's not new per se' but I it's new to some people so why split hairs about it? My question is, if we purchase the Pumpkin Skin and we already have a different skin, are we able to manipulate skins back and forth or do we lose a previously purchased skin if we purchase another one?

Gaylen Cates
Oracle
26 October, 2016, 5:55 PM UTC
You keep both, you can activate different cattle skins as you wish. Afterall snakes need to change their skins :), though I only tried it on S2
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Reaper
11 November, 2016, 7:32 AM UTC

next new what isnt new thingy is the wraith capacity of the embassy i saw a lot of players with over 20 sacos in their castles, now at lv 20 embassy you can add 18 sacos in your castle...

do i get more or fewer than before ?

UTC +1:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
11 November, 2016, 9:42 AM UTC
Reaper said:

next new what isnt new thingy is the wraith capacity of the embassy i saw a lot of players with over 20 sacos in their castles, now at lv 20 embassy you can add 18 sacos in your castle...

do i get more or fewer than before ?

You'll get +18 on level 21 (40 in total), and +28 on level 22 (50 in total).
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
1722249 users registered; 42806 topics; 271968 posts; our newest member:menthe.chocolat