Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 17, 2017, 18:5504/17/17
03/16/15
Erik Bloodaxe said:

Sir_bit_yakin said:

I would but we all know nothing will happen

the simplest answer is what I first suggested,  just NO attacking outside your tier

solves ALL the problems, simple, and the mechanism is already in place,  just a matter of changing some values in the program

but its not going to happen

I've made a vow to myself,  I really enjoy the flag tourney, so I am going to play, but I WILL NOT be buying any jem packs, and ALSO until I can recover back to where I started at the beginning of the tourney I WILL NOT spend a single dime

if I lose BIG and they run this every 3 months or so they may NEVER see another  dime from me again

they see fit to PUNISH us smaller leagues, then I see NO reason to give them anything for it

last time I looked at the standings  two tier 4 leagues were holding 125 tier two flags...

we hit one of them and the fireballs started raining,  one guy said if we hit em again he'd fireball EVERY MEMBER of our league

they take OUR flags then get MAD when we are FORCED to try to take them back

its almost as if plarium is saying hey tier 2 people  you aren't really allowed to participate, we just needed someone for the big leagues to pound on so we gave you flags

Your attitude to these events seems self-destructive, but it also destroys your league mates too.

Ignore this stupid event and keep your fortress at level 8 with ZERO defense

Do not attack other forts, you will never be rewarded for your losses. It amazes me when idiots make attacks like this against strongly defended fortresses. He would get better rewards attacking battlegrounds.

http://prnt.sc/exgvgy

They lose 100% with no chance of accomplishing anything and no chance of any tournament rewards, so why do they do it? I have seen many similar attacks during Beacon Massacres

Lemmings?

Plarium need to give guaranteed rewards for the top ten in each tier, but it is their intention to destroy rewards for every tier in every tournament type

If these tournaments were half as popular as plarium pretends then they  would have been rolled out across all plarium games - they are only targeted at the big spenders like stormfall
Aimed at noobs with big credit cards because they do not require any skill

good advice if you don't want to play but if you do want to play the event then you need to defend your fortress to the point that a top league won't hit it or if they do they lose big - you can win at fortress events if played properly but you are right too many players take big risks on battles they won't win - the screen shot is a small hit they lost everything but it won't kill them - all plarium needs to do is prevent flags from being taken from leagues that are outside their tier but there are already so many bugs in the game from recent upgrades asking to fix a broken tournament would probably make the game unplayable lol
Apr 17, 2017, 19:4504/17/17
Apr 17, 2017, 19:50(edited)
12/13/14

Why did plarium hide the buffs and debuffs applied to other leagues?

More secrets?

Can no longer click this - http://prntscr.com/exko3h

Apr 17, 2017, 21:3804/17/17
Apr 17, 2017, 21:40(edited)
05/14/16

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

What I find more interesting is this :

Top leagues can take your flag... but you can not debuff them, only people within your own sub-sub group.

If any league can take another leagues flag, then that league should able to be debuffed by that league.

If a top tier team can captures our flag. Then by all means I should be able to debuff them if the opportunity arises...

Apr 18, 2017, 19:2504/18/17
03/22/16

GoGo Knightmare said:

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

What I find more interesting is this :

Top leagues can take your flag... but you can not debuff them, only people within your own sub-sub group.

If any league can take another leagues flag, then that league should able to be debuffed by that league.

If a top tier team can captures our flag. Then by all means I should be able to debuff them if the opportunity arises...

I know this sounds repetitive but if you have ideas how to improve the game or any feature of it I would recommend you submit a Suggestion. 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/35979_your-suggestions---2-2/?post=271792

Apr 19, 2017, 02:0704/19/17
08/03/15
Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

Snow, i thought the same, but it seems they just moved it. If you enter your embassy, next to stats tab there was a flag tourney tab that displayed what leagues had what buffs and debuffs.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 19, 2017, 11:1904/19/17
09/17/15

scarlet said:

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

Snow, i thought the same, but it seems they just moved it. If you enter your embassy, next to stats tab there was a flag tourney tab that displayed what leagues had what buffs and debuffs.

We did not change that. If you're experiencing any issues with Flag tabs, please inform our Support Team and they will test it: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Apr 20, 2017, 23:4104/20/17
Apr 20, 2017, 23:43(edited)
12/13/14

scarlet said:

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

The flag tourney tab is not visible to me - contrary to what they say it has definitely been hidden from most players
I do have Diplomacy Privileges so should be able to see everything

http://prntscr.com/eyx8ri

Apr 21, 2017, 10:4404/21/17
06/22/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

scarlet said:

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

We did not change that. If you're experiencing any issues with Flag tabs, please inform our Support Team and they will test it: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You changed that. Obviously you don't know for that change. I will not be surprised if developers don't know too.
Apr 21, 2017, 14:0004/21/17
03/01/16

Drogar61 said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

scarlet said:

Snowgoon said:

More secrets?

You changed that. Obviously you don't know for that change. I will not be surprised if developers don't know too.

Lord Drogar61, please report this issue to our Support team so we can check this. Thank you. 

Apr 21, 2017, 17:5404/21/17
02/02/17

I am a lowly neophyte so should never be allowed to see anything, but have full access to the new tab

Somebody has messed up

http://prntscr.com/ez84y6

Apr 21, 2017, 17:5804/21/17
03/22/16
Erik Bloodaxe said:

I am a lowly neophyte so should never be allowed to see anything, but have full access to the new tab

Somebody has messed up

Why? You are in the league and should know what buffs and debuffs are applied to your league so you can be informed of the best troops to build for your army. If you do not understand ask any Captain in your league. I am sure they would be happy to explain it to you.
Apr 21, 2017, 19:3204/21/17
12/18/14
brunsonthomas said:

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Somebody has messed up

Why? You are in the league and should know what buffs and debuffs are applied to your league so you can be informed of the best troops to build for your army. If you do not understand ask any Captain in your league. I am sure they would be happy to explain it to you.
lol I am pretty sure he was joking regarding the neo thing and someone has messed up (he is saying he can see the buffs/debuffs)  but I cant see any buffs applied to other leagues and I always could before - so yes something has changed - Plarium will let the entire server see our troop stats from the hero and experience upgrades but they hide the buffs and debuffs from everyone
Apr 21, 2017, 23:4604/21/17
Apr 22, 2017, 12:54(edited)
12/13/14

brunsonthomas said:

The 'rewards' from the flag tournament are temporary and should not dictate which units to build.
anyway, low level players don't have a lot of choice .... either archers or pikes?
Your argument is based on false logic, and does not explain why League Marshals in other leagues can see nothing

He seems to be adding to the debate that some players (even genuine neophytes) can see which buffs and debuffs have been applied in all other leagues, even tho high level officers in most leagues can see nothing.
He has FULL ACCESS to the new tab and can see every buff/debuff on EVERY league.

There was no reason to add this new tab, and it was badly designed and untested

Seems to me that it depends if any buffs/debuffs are active on our own leagues - if not then we see nothing on any league

Apr 22, 2017, 17:0904/22/17
Apr 22, 2017, 17:10(edited)
03/22/16

Snowgoon said:

brunsonthomas said:

The 'rewards' from the flag tournament are temporary and should not dictate which units to build.
anyway, low level players don't have a lot of choice .... either archers or pikes?
Your argument is based on false logic, and does not explain why League Marshals in other leagues can see nothing

He seems to be adding to the debate that some players (even genuine neophytes) can see which buffs and debuffs have been applied in all other leagues, even tho high level officers in most leagues can see nothing.
He has FULL ACCESS to the new tab and can see every buff/debuff on EVERY league.

Seems to me that it depends if any buffs/debuffs are active on our own leagues - if not then we see nothing on any league

If you wish to see changes to the Flag Tournament please send your ideas to Suggestions. There is a better chance they will be noticed there. https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/35979_your-suggestions---2-2/?post=271792

Apr 22, 2017, 19:2104/22/17
Apr 22, 2017, 19:31(edited)
12/13/14

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

If you wish to see changes to the Flag Tournament please send your ideas to Suggestions. There is a better chance they will be noticed there. 

We all made dozens of suggestions when they added this 'event' and all were ignored

Why would we wish to keep banging our heads against this particular brick wall?

Sweeping it under the carpet will not make the problems go away
Apr 22, 2017, 19:2704/22/17
03/22/16

Snowgoon said:

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

If you wish to see changes to the Flag Tournament please send your ideas to Suggestions. There is a better chance they will be noticed there. 

We all made dozens of suggestions when they added this 'event' and all were ignored

Hopefully with enough feedback changes can be made. Suggestions are one excellent way to get your opinion to the appropriate people to get action taken.

Apr 24, 2017, 18:2604/24/17
Apr 24, 2017, 18:41(edited)
05/14/16

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

Hopefully with enough feedback changes can be made. Suggestions are one excellent way to get your opinion to the appropriate people to get action taken.

you say put these in the suggestion area, which HAS to be the least efficient way to do this

put it in the suggestion area where it can get lost amid suggestions about several other topics?

this thread is ABOUT the FLAG TOURNY, this is THE MOST APROPRIATE place to make suggestion and discuss those suggestions

so here are THREE packaged up  nice and neat for you to pass along to the powers that be

A) NO ATTACKING OUTSIDE TIERS  PERIOD

SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS SIMPLE AND EASIEST TO DO

B) IF you are going to allow  tier 4 to RAPE tier 2 then tier 2 SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THIER DEBUFFS AGAINST THEM

DISCOURAGES tier 4 leagues from RAPING tier 2,  if there is a possibility  2 or 3 or 4  or more leagues might DEBUFF their league they MIGHT be a little more hesitant about attacking 20, 30, 40 or more tier 2 leagues.

PLUS its just FAIR, if a league can attack you then you shouldn't be PROTECTING them from those they attack

doesn't solve ALL problems, but still should be EASY TO DO

tier 4 & 2 used as example, of course applied to ALL tiers

C) you put in place a system where when a top league hits another top league who is holding flags to low tier for them to take, the flags they aren't allowed to take are transferred back to their original owners, and the attacker gets a token for an extra buff for every 20 flags they liberate

this does TWO THINGS, it gives the BIG leagues a reason to attack other big leagues to liberate those flags and gain some extra buffs, the other side of the coin it discourages the bullies from taking dozens of lower level flag an making themselves targets for other big leagues its a WIN WIN, big leagues get a chance to get some extra buffs, smaller leagues get some flags back in their tiers to work with.

doesn't solve ALL problems and complicated to do, BUT I think it would add a COOL twist in the tourney

ADD B & C and I am willing to suffer through not getting A because it causes higher tiers SOME RISK involved in in raping low tiers

I just want to  note, THIS is the best of all the tournies,  ALL others are pretty much do what you'd normally do, but be a little more aggressive about it and get stuff...

THIS tourney is FAST PACED, HEAD TO HEAD and produces rivalries, add to that you DO THING you normally wouldn't do, it is BY FAR the BEST of all the tournies

I don't know about the beacon tournies, since our league doesn't have a beacon, I might enjoy those as well if we had a beacon.

what are the other tournies,    battle grounds,  thanks for the gems, but I was going to do that anyhow, development, DITTO / dragon DITTO / PVP less so but still things I normally do anyhow

you got a chance to have a REALLLLY good tourney here, just PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO MAKING IT MORE BALANCED

Apr 25, 2017, 22:2904/25/17
05/14/16

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Your attitude to these events seems self-destructive, but it also destroys your league mates too.

Ignore this stupid event and keep your fortress at level 8 with ZERO defense

Do not attack other forts, you will never be rewarded for your losses. It amazes me when idiots make attacks like this against strongly defended fortresses. He would get better rewards attacking battlegrounds.

They lose 100% with no chance of accomplishing anything and no chance of any tournament rewards, so why do they do it? I have seen many similar attacks during Beacon Massacres

Lemmings?

Plarium need to give guaranteed rewards for the top ten in each tier, but it is their intention to destroy rewards for every tier in every tournament type

If these tournaments were half as popular as plarium pretends then they  would have been rolled out across all plarium games - they are only targeted at the big spenders like stormfall
Aimed at noobs with big credit cards because they do not require any skill

not sure who the THEY are you are referring to, but I'll answer your question

A) I ENJOY the tournament,  which IS the reason we play games in the first place

B) we lose very little as we  learned not to bother trying to defend,  as snatch flags from lighty defended fortress's with minimal losses

C) we have placed in the top 3 in every one of these events so we DO get rewards, we have placed 1st twice

Ca) we also earn PVP points in that tourney which runs parallel with it,  I placed 3rd in my tier and earned over 2K gems in the last one

with that in mind, it still doesn't change the fact that I'd very much like to see some balancers put in place for the smaller/weaker leagues

it's a sad testament to a tourney when  the top 10 of 100 in a tier are supposed to get rewards but by the end there are maybe 3 - 5 leagues with ANY points at all

as for their popularity, I have noticed it seems almost EVERYONE is playing in them, the hamlets are 99% deserted, the bot lines are unraided, which means most people are doing SOMETHING they aren't USUALLY doing

no one is asking you or your league to participate, but don't look down your nose at those of us that ENJOY the competition of this tourney

Apr 30, 2017, 18:0204/30/17
Apr 30, 2017, 18:33(edited)
12/13/14

Sir_bit_yakin said:

Erik Bloodaxe said:

He would get better rewards attacking battlegrounds.

not sure who the THEY are you are referring to, but I'll answer your question

A) I ENJOY the tournament,  which IS the reason we play games in the first place

B) we lose very little as we  learned not to bother trying to defend,  as snatch flags from lighty defended fortress's with minimal losses

C) we have placed in the top 3 in every one of these events so we DO get rewards, we have placed 1st twice

Ca) we also earn PVP points in that tourney which runs parallel with it,  I placed 3rd in my tier and earned over 2K gems in the last one

with that in mind, it still doesn't change the fact that I'd very much like to see some balancers put in place for the smaller/weaker leagues

it's a sad testament to a tourney when  the top 10 of 100 in a tier are supposed to get rewards but by the end there are maybe 3 - 5 leagues with ANY points at all

as for their popularity, I have noticed it seems almost EVERYONE is playing in them, the hamlets are 99% deserted, the bot lines are unraided, which means most people are doing SOMETHING they aren't USUALLY doing

no one is asking you or your league to participate, but don't look down your nose at those of us that ENJOY the competition of this tourney

Not true
All leagues are FORCED to participate - only those leagues with level 5 or 8 forts can afford the luxury of leaving it deserted

You obviously did not bother to examine the screenshot that showed fortress attacks using defensive units and spies and losing 100% with no chance of victory.

Suicide raids like this can accomplish nothing even when pvp tournaments are running - they cannot hope to justify their losses

Also, adding pvp events at the same time is a recent development which proves how unwanted these flag tournaments really are - why bother adding pvp if flag tournaments were popular?
The flag tournament and beacon massacre were designed for hopelessly addicted coiners, and their 'rewards' will never cover their losses

p.s. If your league does not bother to defend then you should lose all flags during the final 5 minutes, and snatching a few flags from weaker leagues would give zero pvp points, so your boasts make no sense

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 3, 2017, 11:3905/03/17
09/17/15

Not true
All leagues are FORCED to participate - only those leagues with level 5 or 8 forts can afford the luxury of leaving it deserted

Actually, you can choose to leave your Fortress without any Defense and lose a level or two...