All Categories

The reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

The reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 28, 2016, 00:0206/28/16
01/24/15

http://prntscr.com/blwuh3

yes its a scam, just sent 9,015 troops strength to a lvl15 bg and only yellow bared it.

i sent nearly 2,000 more points than would normaly be nessecery,

aslo did 12 low lvl bg's and success i killed all the units i was using plus the rewards i earned for my trouble.

great sytem now, gues i had better get the credit card out now so i can buy back my army, and be competative.

great work plarium your plan to destroy everyones army is working.

Jun 28, 2016, 02:1506/28/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14
ASPHYXIUOS said:

http://prntscr.com/blwuh3

yes its a scam, just sent 9,015 troops strength to a lvl15 bg and only yellow bared it.

i sent nearly 2,000 more points than would normaly be nessecery,

aslo did 12 low lvl bg's and success i killed all the units i was using plus the rewards i earned for my trouble.

great sytem now, gues i had better get the credit card out now so i can buy back my army, and be competative.

great work plarium your plan to destroy everyones army is working.

Jun 28, 2016, 03:1906/28/16
05/15/16

Does anyone else read Jumy's posts just for a laugh? Lol, her english skills are extraordinary!!!! Jumy for Plarium President!! 

p.s. BG's are still evil!!!!!! :D

Jun 28, 2016, 03:4106/28/16
Jun 29, 2016, 13:23(edited)
07/11/13

hmm 5 pages of feedback in the forum in 5 days... and almost as many views as posts that have been up for over a year.

The community has spoken... But will plarium listen???

I have already passed your feedback. However, we are not going to reverse this update.

Jun 28, 2016, 06:2806/28/16
Jun 28, 2016, 06:32(edited)

zach-rose11 said:

Does anyone else read Jumy's posts just for a laugh? Lol, her english skills are extraordinary!!!! Jumy for Plarium President!! 

ty some points

is not my language

no alt unlike you

at least laugh and i am pleased 

ps for a short time

Jun 28, 2016, 08:3006/28/16
03/02/14

Skycooldude said:

hmm 5 pages of feedback in the forum in 5 days... and almost as many views as posts that have been up for over a year.

The community has spoken... But will plarium listen???

Will plarium listen LOL... that is funny.... just like how they community ask and begged in mass for plarium to change who can see defense in the beacon.

plarium doesn't listen at all and its very clear they don't... they just tell the mods on here to tell everyone they do and they get the mods to pass on all the lies.

Here is an idea. Lets have all the moderators here post there complaints publicly on this forum for plarium to read instead of trying to defend them all the time!

Jun 28, 2016, 09:3306/28/16
03/02/14

Has anyone else spent a bunch of money on sketches to upgrade there farms like me to support large armies

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY NOW... THANK YOU PLARIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 28, 2016, 13:2006/28/16
Jun 28, 2016, 13:26(edited)

Techway_GrandMarshal said:

Has anyone else spent a bunch of money on sketches to upgrade there farms like me to support large armies

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY NOW... THANK YOU PLARIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking on the bright side, they will be more useful if you aren't sending units to the battleground to reduce your food consumption:)

... and maybe reduce the amount of gold and iron lost if someone raids you.
Jun 28, 2016, 17:3106/28/16
Jun 28, 2016, 17:50(edited)
12/13/14

ASPHYXIUOS said:

http://prnt.sc/blwuh3

Yes it's a scam, just sent 9,015 troops strength to a lvl 15 bg and only yellow bared it.

I sent nearly 2,000 more points than would normally be necessary,

Also did 12 low lvl bg's and success i killed all the units i was using plus the rewards i earned for my trouble.

great system now, guess i had better get the credit card out now so i can buy back my army, and be competitive.

great work plarium your plan to destroy everyone's army is working.

The average strength of any level 15 bg should be 7,700, but you should always send one archer first to get a FULL battle report

You can then use a bg calculator to determine exact strength

Sending Bestiary units to this bg was a mistake - the over-population of marennon greatly increased the bg strength because you sent the dragon, thief and wyvern.
You were expecting to find 16 marennon, but unlucky to find 60 instead

Hope this helps

Jun 28, 2016, 18:0706/28/16
Jun 29, 2016, 14:37(edited)
10/25/15

I do my BG's with one attack at them and win them, but I have been getting rewards with NO troops, How is this anywhere near what is stated in the newsletter that you receive troops with every successful BG attack?

You will receive Units only if you had some losses.

Then explain why I did have some minor losses and still did not get troops with the reward.

http://prntscr.com/bmlz93

Let me guess, you're going to say my losses were too small, right? I call BS on that response before it is given. We were told that on all successful battlegrounds we would receive troops in the reward - there were no restricting conditions stated with that statement.

Jun 28, 2016, 19:0506/28/16
12/13/14

AncientSage said:

I do my BG's with one attack at them and win them, but I have been getting rewards with NO troops, How is this anywhere near what is stated in the newsletter that you receive troops with every successful BG attack?

Either you are using a zero-loss method or you have hit a new bug

Do you have screenshots?
Jun 28, 2016, 20:4006/28/16
Tony Hobson said:

ASPHYXIUOS said:

Yes it's a scam, just sent 9,015 troops strength to a lvl 15 bg and only yellow bared it.

Also did 12 low lvl bg's and success i killed all the units i was using plus the rewards i earned for my trouble.

great system now, guess i had better get the credit card out now so i can buy back my army, and be competitive.

The average strength of any level 15 bg should be 7,700, but you should always send one archer first to get a FULL battle report

Sending Bestiary units to this bg was a mistake - the over-population of marennon greatly increased the bg strength because you sent the dragon, thief and wyvern.

Hope this helps

now we can see off bg troops also, see report or send 1 unit
Jun 28, 2016, 22:0206/28/16
05/15/16
jumy said:

zach-rose11 said:

ty some points

is not my language

no alt unlike you

at least laugh and i am pleased 

ps for a short time

i don't even know what any of this means LOL!!!! You should make a guide Jumy, and post it. I need some more laughs from ya :D 
Jun 28, 2016, 22:1606/28/16
01/24/15

Tony Hobson said:

ASPHYXIUOS said:

Hope this helps

thankyou.
 I am aware of those points, however whilst i should have lost more units than necessary, i sent 20% or so more than i needed to, prior to the changes I should have killed the battleground.but instead only killed a little over 50% of the Balurs force.

Jun 29, 2016, 02:3306/29/16
02/26/16
jmcnamee said:

The new system does not work as advertised.  I have completed a number of BG's without receiving troops as a reward.

It's possible only if you had zero losses on them.
I'm sorry but I think you're mistaken.   I have had many low level BG's which I won, but suffered losses, and without receiving troops as a reward.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 29, 2016, 13:2506/29/16
09/17/15

More answers have arrived. 

I understand that it's hard to accept any changes. Especially if they are related to BGs. You have probably mastered them after a long time and after putting so many efforts into them.

However, as we have mentioned, there were some players who were using an exploit. There is a certain way how the BGs should work. But those players have found a vulnerability in the system.

Let me ensure you that you and other fair players who were using this strategy are not among those who have caused this change.

It was a hard decision to change the system when we knew that the changes will affect one of the most popular Infestations strategy. But it was necessary.

We strive to give the same opportunities to all players, and we had to make BGs fair and equal for everyone.

Though you may need some time to adapt, you will soon notice that the new system is exactly the same as it was before, with one minor change which affected only 1-bar strategy.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Jun 29, 2016, 14:1106/29/16
Jul 1, 2016, 08:12(edited)
08/22/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Let me ensure you that you and other fair players who were using this strategy are not among those who have caused this change.

So, why couldn't they address just the loophole? Why did they have to change the whole darn system? Fixing the loophole should have prevented future misuse. Or has it been done this way because the full extent of the problem isn't known & hence changing the entire system was an easier bet?

You may not like my question but I can assure you your post will only invite more questions. 

They did fix the vulnerability. But this fix has affected 1-bar strategy. It didn't affect 1 by 1 strategy though.
Jun 29, 2016, 15:3006/29/16
01/26/15

I understand that it's hard to accept any changes. Especially if they are related to BGs. You have probably mastered them after a long time and after putting so many efforts into them.

However, as we have mentioned, there were some players who were using an exploit. There is a certain way how the BGs should work. But those players have found a vulnerability in the system.

It was a hard decision to change the system when we knew that the changes will affect one of the most popular Infestations strategy. But it was necessary.

We strive to give the same opportunities to all players, and we had to make BGs fair and equal for everyone.

Though you may need some time to adapt, you will soon notice that the new system is exactly the same as it was before, with one minor change which affected only 1-bar strategy.

Biggest lie i ever heard "We strive to give the same opportunities to all players" LMAO so what was the grand tournaments about ???? im sure a level 20 or even a level 40 had an equal chance at the 1st spot right 

Yes its sarcasim

Jun 29, 2016, 19:1606/29/16
Jul 1, 2016, 08:13(edited)
06/22/14

@Alyona,

You said that Plarium solved problem with BG. So, no one can take advantage after change. Why malicious way is still secret?

Simple show us that way and your words will get power. Avoiding right answers, and continually repeating words on which we already reacted will lead us to nowhere.

Simple think for big reward for you and other Plarium's speakers. Isn't it worth?

This was the decision of a Company which I cannot debate or discuss. That is the right answer.
Jun 30, 2016, 00:4306/30/16
Jun 30, 2016, 01:00(edited)
08/12/14

Drogar61 said:

@Alyona,

You said that Plarium solved problem with BG. So, no one can take advantage after change. Why malicious way is still secret?

Simple show us that way and your words will get power. Avoiding right answers, and continually repeating words on which we already reacted will lead us to nowhere.

Simple think for big reward for you and other Plarium's speakers. Isn't it worth?

Since I don't like seeing Alyona being ganged up on when she's right, I'll inform you all that I have recently heard certain details about the previous exploit, and this change does seem to have affected it. Although, from what I understand, it would have affected the method more if the bgs were still as they were at the beginning of the year (effectively guaranteed small payouts upon breaking a bg).

Other than that, I just want to put out the thought that it might be that the developer just answer our questions that she passes on directly, without any additional context. If that was the case, she wouldn't be able to give us specifics on some of our follow up questions. Also, if that's the case, she's not necessarily the one that should be receiving our ire.

Edit: Forgot to address why it is probably still secret. This exploit was EXTREMELY powerful. Someone going in as a medium-sized hammer/ wall could end up being tremendously huge (as an example, think about going from 10 mil off to 80 mil off in one week). I can imagine that Plarium doesn't want any details of this released, as it could be possible in future version of the bgs to extrapolate this technique to exploit them.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.