Units Will Not Be Dismissed!

Units Will Not Be Dismissed!

Search
New Gift Code! Grab your rewards now!
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 13, 2015, 06:3109/13/15
djmoody said:

Not seen so many posts from so many people that don't know what they are talking about.

This is one time when listening to a public forum would lead you to roll back ONE OF THE BEST UPDATES for a long time.

You won't get many positive posts because very few people have played long enough or hard enough to be in a position to understand what the food problem does to a big player. It literally ENDS YOUR GAME.

Bottom line is you can't run a game where the end game is not being able to play the game at all. It's morally wrong, it's commercial suicide and it's completely illogical.

Ițm sorry, but seams that you are a player who played for long time but FOR NOTHING. You just come online to raid deserted castles and produce troops. Above all, this is a WAR game. That means you supposed to fight with your troops, not pile them up till the point where you cant feed them. So, be respectful with others point of view. Seams that you KNOW what you talking about, but you DONT KNOW what to do in this game.
Sep 13, 2015, 06:4309/13/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14
Against. It will give more advantage for those who can spend lots of money and ruin game balance.
Sep 13, 2015, 07:1809/13/15
08/31/15

vladyslav.cs said:

Myrrddin said:

Higher barn = more resources = more likelyhood of raid , so build defence troops to match.
I agree with you... this patch creates match greater demand for food!

If someone spies and sees you're sitting on a ton of food and don't have much def out, they may well hit to up their raid ranking and/or for a league raid quest.  Food is both the easiest to get and the hardest to spend down.  Troops and most buildings require more gold and iron than food.  So you spend all you can and still have this immense pile a food...a big kick me sign for anyone with a league raid quest or just looking to up their raid ranking.  Generally, you'd want to either have the defense to make sure most can't successfully raid you or you'd want to give away or sell your excess food.

Sep 13, 2015, 07:2809/13/15
01/12/15

Maahes said:

djmoody said:

Not seen so many posts from so many people that don't know what they are talking about.

This is one time when listening to a public forum would lead you to roll back ONE OF THE BEST UPDATES for a long time.

You won't get many positive posts because very few people have played long enough or hard enough to be in a position to understand what the food problem does to a big player. It literally ENDS YOUR GAME.

Bottom line is you can't run a game where the end game is not being able to play the game at all. It's morally wrong, it's commercial suicide and it's completely illogical.

Ițm sorry, but seams that you are a player who played for long time but FOR NOTHING. You just come online to raid deserted castles and produce troops. Above all, this is a WAR game. That means you supposed to fight with your troops, not pile them up till the point where you cant feed them. So, be respectful with others point of view. Seams that you KNOW what you talking about, but you DONT KNOW what to do in this game.

If I play solo and there is no advantage by attacking at certain times then attacking players all the time is what I'm gonna do. However, there are places and time when it's necessary to have as much as forces as possible. Let's use beacon as example, if you have mediocre defense on it, it will either be taken by another league or chipped away by the constant attack from balur. So you need to put immense defense there. And because of this, to take another beacon you must have overwhelming offense, in turn leagues who have beacon fearing their beacon will be taken will stack the beacon with immense defense and then it becomes the devil's circle.

It seems you mentioned him to respect others point of view but in fact it's you who don't respect his point of view. "Seams that you KNOW what you talking about, but you DONT KNOW what to do in this game." 

He made quite few good points. I for one have played for around 8 months. And have not spend any real money on this game aka no coiner. And food is becoming a nuisance. And if you count the love letters I get from those whose sieges I raid it will flood this forum hahahaha.

Sep 13, 2015, 09:4809/13/15
08/31/15

Maahes said:

djmoody said:

I'd say he has a point.  When I saw the announcement, since being unable to feed my troops hasn't really been an issue, I saw it as removing a natural cap on the biggest and most powerful players, basically opening the door for them to get even bigger.  If this really has been just a minor annoyance to the players who spend on the game and a massive headache for the strong non cash players, this may help non cash to compete a bit better at the top.  I guess time will tell how much that cap limited the top spender players.

Sep 13, 2015, 12:2309/13/15
Sep 13, 2015, 12:24(edited)

Sifr said:

If I play solo and there is no advantage by attacking at certain times then attacking players all the time is what I'm gonna do. However, there are places and time when it's necessary to have as much as forces as possible. Let's use beacon as example, if you have mediocre defense on it, it will either be taken by another league or chipped away by the constant attack from balur. So you need to put immense defense there. And because of this, to take another beacon you must have overwhelming offense, in turn leagues who have beacon fearing their beacon will be taken will stack the beacon with immense defense and then it becomes the devil's circle.

For beacons you can use "league attack" and all league players can send deff there. So, I see no reason to let anyone make 200 mill offensive just cuz he do not do anything else in game than raid deserted castles OR low players. Ask your marshall to do challenges, wars, etc. Fight for beacons.\

On the other hand, if anyone bother to read my entire post, I agree with this patch, but only say that, in order to keep food active asset in game, this patch must be followed by another whitch must limit the troop moves if the food goes negative. This way let you to play "solo" how much you want but not let our investments in farms, spring of life, food consuption skull runes etc. to be wasted. 
Sep 13, 2015, 12:4109/13/15
01/12/15

Maahes said:

Sifr said:

For beacons you can use "league attack" and all league players can send deff there. So, I see no reason to let anyone make 200 mill offensive just cuz he do not do anything else in game than raid deserted castles OR low players. Ask your marshall to do challenges, wars, etc. Fight for beacons.\

On the other hand, if anyone bother to read my entire post, I agree with this patch, but only say that, in order to keep food active asset in game, this patch must be followed by another whitch must limit the troop moves if the food goes negative. This way let you to play "solo" how much you want but not let our investments in farms, spring of life, food consuption skull runes etc. to be wasted. 

Don't you realize that you have contradicted yourself?

I don't know and honestly don't care whether you agree or not with this patch. I only expressed my opinion on stacking troops.

Sep 13, 2015, 19:0209/13/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:49(edited)
11/05/14
Hope to never run out of food !
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 14, 2015, 08:1509/14/15
01/06/15

1. You build Units to make your Castle stronger and we came to the conclusion that it is not fair that you keep losing troops if you have not enough Food to support them.

Now you can use all opportunities for hiring all the Units you need.

2. It doesn't mean that you don't need Food any more. You still need Food to be able to build troops, upgrade buildings and Lost Arts.

3. Your troops still consume Food so do not forget to improve all necessary Resource buildings. What about +25% boosts to your production? You still need them for the normal vital functions of your army as you won't be able to train new troops if your Food storages are empty.

4. Will it be possible to build infinite number of Units as they don't die? Theoretically it is possible, no one knows it for sure.

5. Generally speaking, in the past you had to move your troops to your Catacombs or sent as Reinforcements to other Castles so that they won't be dissolved, now you can stand firm in your own Castle and defend it.

Nobody cancelled the fact that your troops still can be destroyed in your Castle so do not forget to move your offensive troops to Catacombs.

Have you seen questions from inexperienced players who think that their troops just disappeared after they were built? Just because their troops died due the lack of Food. And now all Lords and Ladies will be able to spend their resources to build the army. Yes, you don't need strategy for keeping them alive from deserting anymore. But now you can explore other strategies that are related to other game features while your troops are safe.

7. Units for Resources. Remember that this update gives pros to players who build units for resources. And what about all Lords and Ladies in the game who don't need to worry that their troops will die and can use them anytime? All the moments when you can catch the enemy's off at the Castle during the PvP?

There are so many ways where you can find positive changes and new strategies in order to concentrate on bigger aim than saving your troops from deserting!

Sep 14, 2015, 20:3809/14/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

well i agree with most of you. but it looks like this update is not working because my units keep disappearing. still losing over  15k offence and deffence per day. eay to go plarium make changes and don't enforce them. why cant you just leave the game as it is or was that way you will get less complaints. or just put it to a vote by the players "if you don't vote you don't get to complain". thanks that's all from me.

Chris AOC 
Sep 14, 2015, 23:1009/14/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

250000 force limit:) Hehe, so that means the "max" army someone could send to smack you with is "only" about 700 million with Leg troops:)  The game is fun and all, but it's just a game. I'm not willing to spend 8 hours a day playing it to keep up with the big fellas, so I'll just chip away at it, and continue to play smart. I've killed off armies 10x bigger than me, numbers only mean soo much. 

The food thing has always been a joke anyway. If you are in a good league, you should be able to get 220k food in about 10 minutes from members. Now you can stay in the neg all you want, get 36k food from a member and cart 4 botz to get yourself back to 220k food. It's alarming how dumb soo many players of this game are to freak out every time the game puts out a patch. Picking a fight with major coiners has never been a good idea anyway, now they will just have much bigger armies. 
Sep 15, 2015, 07:5609/15/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
Yes this update isn't working, my food is minus - 4265p/h. And all the units i produce are dying... if not catacombed...
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 15, 2015, 09:4609/15/15
01/06/15
My Lords, there has been an oversight. But it's now fixed and Units don't die of starvation now. 
Sep 16, 2015, 12:3709/16/15
Sep 16, 2015, 12:41(edited)
07/10/15

The Whole Idea of "Food consumption" doesnt make sense anymore. 

My  suggestion is remove the whole Idea of " Food consumption: from the game and make "Food" a regular Material, like iron and gold which is   used to upgrade and to build Units. 

Also remove the 'Food consumption' Tab From Obelisk of Power 

-ww3

Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 17, 2015, 07:4609/17/15
01/06/15
WorldWar3 said:

The Whole Idea of "Food consumption" doesnt make sense anymore. 

My  suggestion is remove the whole Idea of " Food consumption: from the game and make "Food" a regular Material, like iron and gold which is   used to upgrade and to build Units. 

Also remove the 'Food consumption' Tab From Obelisk of Power 

-ww3

Could you please elaborate on this, my Lord? The Food is still being consumed, so I guess, the Food consumption still makes sense, actually. 
Sep 17, 2015, 14:2909/17/15
Sep 17, 2015, 14:33(edited)
07/10/15

Your Answer Lord Oberon, - Are they still consuming when i reach Zero Food? They do not consume food at that point or neither dies when there is no food to consume, thus it does not make sense . 

But Basically right now  my Units Consume Food when i have enough to feed them and they "morph a boulder into bread" when there is zero Food to consume. I mean you guys should have come up with this idea before !!  It must have solved the ongoing Starvation and Hunger Problem in The world and save millions of  children from dying

But on a Serious note here is several other factors which are been affected by this change. 

1) It severely devalues the Farms and Upgrading them to Higher Levels. (As someone else suggested). And Farms are much more expensive to upgrade at higher levels. 

2) The Use of Dark Essence -  it reduces the Food consumption by half . But this change also devalues the use of DE by half, since i don't see any use of it reducing Food consumption if they don't die. 

3) Obelisk of Power - Food consumption tab under Obelisk of Power is also useless since many of the players who spent there skull runes on that would Not want it anymore.

There is More if you want to hear them :) . But at the end i too would enjoy this new change since i also have negative food production and even tho there is a term called food consumtion which has no value in the game. 

Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 17, 2015, 15:1609/17/15
Sep 17, 2015, 15:16(edited)
01/06/15

The Units still consume, even when the number reaches 0. Yes, they stop deserting you, but with 0 food you cannot build or upgrade anything. It's not that now there is no Food consumption at all.

"It severely devalues the Farms and Upgrading them to Higher Levels, The Use of Dark Essence, Obelisk of Power."

You still need Food (the more the better), so it doesn't.

Sep 18, 2015, 09:0009/18/15
03/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

The Units still consume, even when the number reaches 0. Yes, they stop deserting you, but with 0 food you cannot build or upgrade anything. It's not that now there is no Food consumption at all.

"It severely devalues the Farms and Upgrading them to Higher Levels, The Use of Dark Essence, Obelisk of Power."

You still need Food (the more the better), so it doesn't.

We still need food, true enough, but the value is greatly lessened.  Food is the easiest resource to get and in great abundance.  You can fill your barns in 3-5 raids.  The "value" in farms and all these technology upgrades was in keeping out of negative enough that we could keep producing troops and defend our castles without losing troops due to hunger.  

With that risk of losing troops to hunger gone, there is significantly less value in paying such a high price to boost production of a resource we can get so easily from raids.

Compare for a moment and I'm sure you can see.  Which is a worse inconvenience?  

1) Having all the troops that were in your cue die because you were out of food, resulting in massive waste of resources, loss of a day's troop production, and steady loss of any of your troops at your castle but not in cata (defense/spies).

2) Having to raid a castle before being able to make anything due to being out of food.

Sep 19, 2015, 05:2409/19/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
A bad patch imo
Sep 19, 2015, 05:5709/19/15
03/13/15

After reading the entire discussion i guess it would have been better to have the update as follows..

The troops would not desert or die with 0 food.. but they would fight with say 50% or reduced power..

I am not sure how many would agree to this but i think this will give the big and the small, the Coiner and the No Coiners .. all a fighting chance and still have the balance in the game to make it more interesting and worth logging in everyday for.