Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Oct 20, 2016, 14:5310/20/16
01/24/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, new levels give you many benefits:

1) Your Units will become much stronger.

When .....this time next year before we complete them .... ridiculous amount of time . Reduce time by 75 % at least or issue decent amount of sped ups in tournaments . 

2) You will be able to upgrade Defensive stats for Offensive Units and vice versa. It means more space for strategic movements and less risk for your Offense to be caught and lost in unfair battle.

I actually don't mind this idea . Not where the problem lies.

3) Only active players will receive this opportunity. The Defensive Units of players that are not playing the game anymore, but protecting other players or strategic sites will no longer be competitive.

Fair enough, but it won't last long. 

4) Only the last 2 levels will require a special Resource.

Special ....more like outrageously expensive . Give 70% discounts and stop being so greedy , it gives wealthy players far too great an advantage ....make it a reasonable price and give everyone a chance.

5) You can get this Resource in Tournaments.

Judging by the first tournament it will take an eternity to gain this way and the new time and cost is making players leave the game in droves. I have lost friends already , its the last straw for so many people. Wake up and realise that this is a far too great an ask both in time and money.

Oct 20, 2016, 15:5310/20/16
Oct 20, 2016, 15:54(edited)
04/26/15
dave8872 said:

I guess its very simple give us more bang for our buck everything is now so expensive to continue to develop you have to spend to stay ahead and this is supposed to be a free game its far from that as we all know but to stay in the game you have to spend big money. Realistically if I was to stop and think of what I have spent in this game I think i would almost shoot myself for being sucked in by it. I have seen some big coiners already leave the game one that comes to mind had spent in excess of $50k US in the game and Plarium lost him because of there stupid money grabbing tactics so at what point do you (plarium )start listening to your customers without us you have nothing a broken game that will cease to exist because word will get out about your tactics. You remove posts because we mention boycott on coining well you have forced our hand and we will do it another way where you have no control over what we say or do. Then you lose that power that you currently have. I have never been one to back down from anything and have always spoken my mind. So start listening stop putting ear plugs in your ears and going lalalalala we have had enough of the bullshit that you say is to improve the game. Its about improving your bank balance and we all see it for what it is. Go back to the old days get rid of politicals get rid of sketches etc these so called improvements are shit and we all know it cowards way of fighting battles but hey you guys make money from it
Never in a milion years i thought i would agree with Dave in any issue, but now it happend.
Oct 20, 2016, 18:2310/20/16
Oct 21, 2016, 10:49(edited)
09/16/14

There was a skype channel created yesterday dedicated to discussing the  tabling ideas. When I left there were over 1,000 people actively participating. Many came and left during my short time there, indicating there could have been well over 10K visitors that day if similar activity persisted. A good deal of it was spam and silly crap, but I note that several Hegemons attended, and they all supported the boycott. Several members had good ideas and one thing was in common. A will to cooperate to be heard. Terminators have been asked by Dave to suspend all drachma purchases for 2 weeks starting yesterday. This is just the beginning and willl likely last longer, if deemed necessary.

I once again entreat devs and owners of Plarium to look at this thread, trim the over excited , unrelated and fanatical, but take an objective look at what makes sense here and at least consider it. When you have done that , formulate a response , talk it over with the stake holders involved and post it here.

We are listening. We are waiting.
Oct 20, 2016, 19:2210/20/16
07/16/15

Just to clarify something about the room and skype action....

We dont see Plarium as our enemy. They are still our hosts for our free time fun. The whole idea is prior to take more drastic actions like leave this game for good with all our guys that are annoyed with the changes to give a msg to the game makers/developers and try to save this game in our point of view before it goes down the road with no return.

Personally i would be happy if in my business i had so many people put in their time to try point out to me what they all collectivly see as wrong and as reason to go. So please dont think we all just went bananas and decided to try damage plarium. Many team hegemons and team allyship leaders on it and all are thinking in a similar way. We all want this to be strategy and not pure pay to win.

We also would appreciate a meeting with plarium staff members over skype , ts3 or other online way to do a conference. Of course as on that room/initiative we are way too many we would pick a few to represent all as otherwise it would be really impossible to have a conversation due to way too may people. Also this would prevent missunderstandings that can occur easy over text. 

I do wanna point out again this isnt an act of hostility towards plarium. This is an act of seasoned strategy gamers that really want to help this game to keep be fun and interesting for all , small and big , new and elder players here. We feel part of its world and would like to help make it a place we will again want to stick around to enjoy in our free time. 

Oct 20, 2016, 23:2710/20/16
07/12/15
dxr250 said:

We dont see Plarium as our enemy. They are still our hosts for our free time fun. The whole idea is prior to take more drastic actions like leave this game for good with all our guys that are annoyed with the changes to give a msg to the game makers/developers and try to save this game in our point of view before it goes down the road with no return.

Personally i would be happy if in my business i had so many people put in their time to try point out to me what they all collectivly see as wrong and as reason to go. So please dont think we all just went bananas and decided to try damage plarium. Many team hegemons and team allyship leaders on it and all are thinking in a similar way. We all want this to be strategy and not pure pay to win.

We also would appreciate a meeting with plarium staff members over skype , ts3 or other online way to do a conference. Of course as on that room/initiative we are way too many we would pick a few to represent all as otherwise it would be really impossible to have a conversation due to way too may people. Also this would prevent missunderstandings that can occur easy over text. 

I do wanna point out again this isnt an act of hostility towards plarium. This is an act of seasoned strategy gamers that really want to help this game to keep be fun and interesting for all , small and big , new and elder players here. We feel part of its world and would like to help make it a place we will again want to stick around to enjoy in our free time. 

Nice post!!
Oct 21, 2016, 09:0410/21/16
10/07/15

As you asked i will point out stuff that I don't like:

1. Developers (which are really not) COPY / PASTE stuff from another game, just rename it...

2. A long time ago this became a pay to compete game, to win you need to be a millionaire...

3. No point in having defensive and offensive troops any more...

4. The time that will take us to upgrade all new stuff you put in, will be by the time my son starts to play video games (he is only 2 months old)...

5. New players (lets say that they want to play the game for free) that come into the game, will see what it takes, and just give up...

cheers

Oct 21, 2016, 09:1910/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 09:23(edited)
07/16/15

The main issue with wich the big majority of players disagree are the new lvl's for agreements and the huge impact on the proportions of offencse and defense units wich leads to really no strategy skilled gaming actions.

Of course it is not the only thing that could be better but that one is the real game killer.... That way there is no reason to really bother with correct troops usage , no way for skilled players face a bigger spender non skilled player. 

Of course many people also means many details each one dont like or like etc..... but from all aspects the one with the agreemetns is the one that really pushes most of our guys to the exit.... and this we see will create a domino effect wich will eventually lead to the map get empty. First the no money players will leave as it will be impossible for them to keep up in any way, then it will be the moderate players and in the end even big spenders will have 0 reason to fight eachother over a "dead" map.

We all joined and are here on our own free will.... on our own free time.... and we are spending our own money .... What we try to prevent is for us to lose the plattform wich Plarium provides us to have our fights and fun in a way wich all real strategy gamers appreciate. The point is to be motivated to play this.... be motivated to log in and then i am also motivated to pay for stuff to better my city/army or anything i like to add to my game. But a strategy game needs to have a good portion of its ballance on strategy. And strategy isnt and will never be: "the one that buys most always wins no matter what" Its fully understandable that buying will give advantages .... of course it will and it should , otherwise no one would buy and Plarium would have 0 reason to keep this game runnig. However the trick is to not make that gap too big. That way even a non money player might get motivated to buy few things.... a moderate buyer spend some more and a big spender will still have a reason to keep put money on his game to maintain his strength as the map will be vivid and interesting to play on .

Oct 21, 2016, 09:2310/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 09:24(edited)
03/10/15

dxr250 said:

The main issue with wich the big majority of players disagre are the new lvl's for agreements and the huge impact on the proportions of offencse and defense units wich leads to really no strategy skilled gaming actions.

Of course it is not the only thing that could be better but that one is the real game killer.... That way there is no reason to really bother with correct troops usage , no way for skilled players face a bigger spender non skilled player. 

Of course many people also means many details each one dont like or like etc..... but from all aspects the one with the agreemetns is the one that really pushes most of our guys to the exit.... 

Agreed, i am sure each we have things we personally dont like (but we may not mind playing if not changed), that why i personally think is better to focus in the main reasons that made me think.... till here we arrive.

we are just trying to help plarium, because as a gamer i would like this to work for me and my collegues...

I

Oct 21, 2016, 17:5110/21/16
09/16/14

dxr250 said:

Nicely said. This sums up my feelings entirely, and most of terms Coa. We are just hoping Plarium will take time to consider that this might have a negative impact on the game, and beyond its free player base.

We acknowledge the free player doesnt directly give profit to the bottom line, but we hope Plarium will come to realize that without a pathway for the free player to contribute or compete the value for the PAY player is going to decrease.

Further, when those free players start to give up en masse , its going to take a further and greater amount of value away from the game for everyone.

We want to prevent this from happening and believe the only course of action available is to mitigate, lessen , or otherwise adjust the impact of the agreement levels on free players and modest coiners. There needs to be at least a possibility for the free player to remain relevant, otherwise the quality of game play will decrease to a level too unappealing to retain a decent portion of the player base. We believe that keeping the free player population COMMITTED , as well as numerous is critical to the health of Sparta.

We hope Plarium can see this logic.

Oct 21, 2016, 18:5810/21/16
11/30/15

sweetpeahead said:

dxr250 said:

Nicely said. This sums up my feelings entirely, and most of terms Coa. We are just hoping Plarium will take time to consider that this might have a negative impact on the game, and beyond its free player base.

We acknowledge the free player doesnt directly give profit to the bottom line, but we hope Plarium will come to realize that without a pathway for the free player to contribute or compete the value for the PAY player is going to decrease.

Further, when those free players start to give up en masse , its going to take a further and greater amount of value away from the game for everyone.

We want to prevent this from happening and believe the only course of action available is to mitigate, lessen , or otherwise adjust the impact of the agreement levels on free players and modest coiners. There needs to be at least a possibility for the free player to remain relevant, otherwise the quality of game play will decrease to a level too unappealing to retain a decent portion of the player base. We believe that keeping the free player population COMMITTED , as well as numerous is critical to the health of Sparta.

We hope Plarium can see this logic.

its not the free players that are disappearing. my coal has a ton of them and they are not crying, same thing is going on the  new server. everyone posting here and complaining  are those that spent a ton the free players are clueless, playing and enjoying the game. I am sure plarium is looking at those stats.

Oct 21, 2016, 20:0110/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 20:05(edited)

sweetpeahead said:

There was a skype channel created yesterday dedicated to discussing the  tabling ideas. When I left there were over 1,000 people actively participating. Many came and left during my short time there, indicating there could have been well over 10K visitors that day if similar activity persisted. A good deal of it was spam and silly crap, but I note that several Hegemons attended, and they all supported the boycott. Several members had good ideas and one thing was in common. A will to cooperate to be heard. Terminators have been asked by Dave to suspend all drachma purchases for 2 weeks starting yesterday. This is just the beginning and willl likely last longer, if deemed necessary.

I once again entreat devs and owners of Plarium to look at this thread, trim the over excited , unrelated and fanatical, but take an objective look at what makes sense here and at least consider it. When you have done that , formulate a response , talk it over with the stake holders involved and post it here.

We are listening. We are waiting.

Terminators was also the coalition in the past by his members that would boycot several things in the game , including buying drachmas.... In reality, nothing happend from their side of the agreement they self made up.... 

So yiou could say that the gamecommunity is still waiting and listening to their fancy story's....  When they shall become reality ?  

Don't forget they have also a moderator in their midst....

It's now not just suspend bying drachma's anymore, more had that idea ....  
Oct 23, 2016, 18:3810/23/16
Oct 23, 2016, 18:45(edited)
09/16/14

Ill rebut both those statements in turn. 

First, this is not a Terminators initiative. It was originally proposed by the Hegemon of HoB. Terminators does support it, however, and Ive made a few posts in this thread supporting and detailing that. We have a FORUM mod playing in terminators.. not a game mod or admin. Big difference. Hes a player just like you who signed up to help with forum. He holds no authoritative benefit or incentive beyond the ability to moderate forum posts. This is common in many MMOs because helping with this work saves $ for the game owners. It does not directly impact game play itself. Further , he has no direct link to pass info onto the game devs. 

Second, Im a modest coiner bordering on a free player. My GF bought me drachmas once on my birthday (10$), and since we both had enjoyed playing , I also put a like amount in a couple of times on the game. Far less than many. Prior to that I had played the game 'free' for about 7 months.

I am concerned what will happen to the free player base because I realize what many are going to discover: when your troops are only 40% amped compared to a coiner who has them amped out to 420% of your value, its going to make you feel a bit insignificant. Plarium previously had  a dynamic whereby you could hit someones offense if left out and do enough damage to seriously injure a coin player. With an over 200% boost to the ofensive units defense , not only is your smaller army not going to kill even 1/3 as much , but your going to lose that small army too as the increased defense does more damage to you. The absence of this pathway further renders the free player marginalized.

That there is a huge population of free players still playing and joining 'blissfully' unaware of the impact of the changes does little to comfort me. Im concerned with how people who play for a length of time and are serious enough to examine game mechanics becoming disenchanted with the impact they can make on the game, and hence their long term enjoyment and relevance. I submit to you that it will result in people becoming disinterested in the game in an increasing rate and detract from the appeal of Sparta. Once this starts to sink in, this impact will accelerate.

That Plarium monitors metrics is no news. Im sure they do. But they also follow inflated stats. Declaring you have 250M accounts doesnt equate to having 250M active participants. My RL friends account is still 'active' a year after he quit. A game full of non starters and e-cities doesnt have the same quality as a game more populated by human players.

Anyhow , dont take my word for it. Look at the different coalitions involved in posting here. Look at what OTHER coas are saying if you dont want to listen to terminators.

Its not the first time a moratorium on buying coin has been suggested. Its the first time its had this much support from other coas across the board, however, and the first time so many pay players are actually concerned enough to try to participate to make a collective voice heard. 

Its not a fancy story to advocate for the overall health of the game.

Oct 23, 2016, 20:3410/23/16
08/19/14
is simple """ LISTEN TO US """ PLARIUM is more greedy every day. so what we are going to do ?
Nov 2, 2016, 13:5511/02/16
10/07/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Our game is a hardcore war strategy.

I must reply and say that ''your game'' would'n exist without players... Players are community. ''Copy paste'' updates from another game and just modify titles is just lame... Personally i find it very insulting...
Nov 2, 2016, 15:0411/02/16
09/11/14
Sometimes i just have to lmao when moderators make comments like this is a hardcore war strategy.There is very little strategy now these days.It is more,i have the biggest army and will crush you.The stategy part went out 18months ago,when at least non coiners could still be enjoying this game.Look at the top 10 positions and see who is there week after week.Not the average player,but the guys with the biggest wallet,and the most troops,so why would new players join this game.You started a second server,witch is nice,but because the same players are also in both,that is now starting the same way with money being the norm.To get all agreements to level 32,i feel that a non coiner could not get enough Sketches for free to even finish thoose levels,so at best after a year or so,he may get to level 30 and that is it.So what has improved in this game,nothing we we have been asking for for years.We still have the original 50k resources you can send per week to someone.That has been outdated for over 2 years,the same as the amount you can recieve daily.I could go on for the next few hours ,but what is the point,Plarium is only interested in us spending more money on useless so called improvements.We all know that Plarium has to get some money,but everything is costing way too much for the average player to compete,let alone enjoy the game properly.New players leave within day's or a couple of weeks,because they relise there is no point in staying here.
Nov 2, 2016, 16:2811/02/16
08/19/14
we are waiting for such treatment basileus and team
Nov 5, 2016, 10:1811/05/16
09/01/16

This forum is just bullshit anyway. You think they read it all? think again. ANY other company would listen to their core base, the people who make their business sustainable, aka us the players. You think that is the case here? think again. 

Like he/she said himself/herself he/she doesn't play the game except on some dummy servers with no other players, they have no clue how to play or what strategy is. 7 pages in this thread already, 99% of players saying the same thing, even some big coiners, and still nothing changes, those out-of-proportion bonuses are still there. They will do as usual, wait until this thread dies and they will keep adding laggy improvements like the phylarque because they just don't give a shit what players want and what players think. In their mind adding Megan Fox on some banner image will keep us content. Just the fact that they can afford that should tell you they make enough money not to give a shit anyway. Or maybe that's just a cultural difference that we don't get? maybe in their country (Israel, Russia and Ukraine if you look at the company and careers page, or the name of the mod here..) they just don't care and don't listen?

Sparta is just one of many games they promote, they should make enough revenue from the other games as well. Whether or not they apply the same upgrade processes there I don't know, and honestly will never try. You want our money? you want our business? Then learn how to respect your customers or go back to school, that's business 101. I am also a developer and those modifications are quite easy to make, we're not asking for free coins, free troops or whatever, just realistic bonus schemes for those new agreements that nobody asked for in the first place, and even that they can't do.

Nov 6, 2016, 00:2311/06/16
08/30/16