All Categories

Special Tournament for Plarium's Anniversary!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 1, 2016, 14:3806/01/16

Which Archon Will Emerge Victorious?

A message from the marathoners!

Archon!

This June Plarium is celebrating its 7th Anniversary! To mark Plarium’s #SevenYearsStrong, Archons are being given the opportunity to participate in special Tournaments.

Unlike other Tournaments, in this one you will fight alone, battling for the same Rankings as all the other Archons in Hellas! Those who place highly will receive fantastic Rewards! Unfortunately, those who fail to place in the unified Rankings will receive nothing; there are no individual Rewards to be earned by reaching Tournament Point targets. A quest of this sort is sure to separate the wheat from the chaff – the true Archons from the pretenders!

This Tournament shall run for two weeks, giving you ample time to one-up your rivals!

Ready your weapons, Archon!

Basileus Leonidas

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 2, 2016, 07:3406/02/16
08/08/15
not any use or of interest to the vast majority of everyday players is it .caters only for the top150 players .why not just give them the drachs?
Jun 2, 2016, 09:5606/02/16
03/18/16

Nice , the anniversary tournaments. Only positive for the long stayers and coiners, new players have no chance. How to motivate players.

Congratz with your 7th anniversary but now I wont put any bucks into this game anymore. 
Jun 2, 2016, 17:5706/02/16
03/29/16
Well your being screwed all year long, so lets screw everyone big time on our anniversery, at least they uphold their values lol. Can't believe they have enough stupid customers to manage this long.
Jun 2, 2016, 18:0606/02/16
Jun 2, 2016, 18:07(edited)

Hi all:

First of all; thank you for the free stuff.  Always appreciated.

Second, the "Grand tournaments" are a great disappointment.  The reason for this is that it totally excludes a vast majority of players fro seeing any part of the rewards available from these events.  I believe a better option would have been to tweek the rewards of the regular PvP and Position events to provide a greater distribution of the rewards to more of the participating players.

Thank you.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 3, 2016, 10:0206/03/16
09/17/15

Greetings!

These Tournaments are for all players, but I agree that low-level players can hardly compete with others.

However, it's a special Tournament, with a special reward. And if you feel that you're not strong enough to participate in it, you can participate in ordinary Tournaments which are running each day.

Moreover, we gave free rewards to all players, and we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

And it's just the beginning of the month.

Jun 3, 2016, 10:2806/03/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Greetings!

These Tournaments are for all players, but I agree that low-level players can hardly compete with others.

However, it's a special Tournament, with a special reward. And if you feel that you're not strong enough to participate in it, you can participate in ordinary Tournaments which are running each day.

Moreover, we gave free rewards to all players, and we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

And it's just the beginning of the month.

It's already becoming a typo. The events are utterly bad, no going back.
Jun 4, 2016, 00:2206/04/16
I'm ready for this tournament ;)
Jun 4, 2016, 16:5306/04/16
Jun 5, 2016, 14:36(edited)
09/28/15

we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

What exactly is the giveaway to all forum members Alyona? I personaly haven't received anything ...
Jun 6, 2016, 01:2206/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
wao
Jun 6, 2016, 09:4606/06/16
09/17/15
Astyanax said:

we have started a giveaway for all Forum members.

What exactly is the giveaway to all forum members Alyona? I personaly haven't received anything ...
Giveaway is a kind of Forum activity where everyone has a chance to win a reward. they are launched in the Entertainment Community thread, and you can participate if you wish.
Jun 7, 2016, 08:3706/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 08:39(edited)
It's early in the month so I'll see what else comes out but the people above are stating the obvious. The showcase so far are tournaments that are two weeks long. Forget newbies, this alienates everyone EXCEPT the mid-big range drachma spenders because that's the only people that can maintain the high scores to stay on the rewards list. You even X'd out the coalition missions so there are no bags on purpose I assume because this anniversary seems to be a thinly veiled "buy drachmas" event. The other 95% playing the game like to be tossed a bone too. Make them Leonidas on steroids for a month and you'll probably find more people interested and spending $$ when this is over with rather than pleasing the tiny tiny minority only. Rewards are consumed so it will return back to normal.
Jun 16, 2016, 15:0806/16/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:49(edited)
11/05/14

So, was it a glitch or genuine that anyone who didnt hit that 250th spot, didnt get a reward?  What was it?  300k worth?

I really hope this isnt the case....

Update:  I originally thought this was a glitch, given the puzzling message, so I posted a ticket before I posted here.  The response that I received from Plarium is "Hey, you will do better next time in the next tournament."

In my opinion, Plarium gave us a tournament which made it clear that it only values the top 250 players, which amounts to supporting the largest spenders.  I think the message is clear, "anyone who did not receive a reward is not valued" and we should go elsewhere.

I believe in supporting good games, but Plarium just keeps asking and asking, forcing and angling the game so that the prssure to pay more and more becomes greater and greater.  It's a losing proposition.
Jun 16, 2016, 16:1006/16/16
Well on this Grand XP Exhibition I see some good rewards like Drachma,GPs,Keys,Boosts etc 
Jun 16, 2016, 17:0006/16/16
11/01/15

I liked the first 4 replies to this thread because they are spot on. And of course Plarium knows they will only award Drachmas to the highest winners to this Anniversary Tourney because the highest players are the biggest coiners, and it is Plarium's way of thanking all the Schmucks out there that spend tens of thousands of dollars on a game that uses 3rd generation graphics & has no interactive playing with it's members other then chat rooms.

Plarium why don't you check out the bigger gaming companies like  BLIZZARD & even SIMS and make game play in this game something a little bit more.

At the anniversary tourney's end I received a message telling me sorry I did not participate in this event. why is that because I didn't get over 200k raiding points , and even know I received a message saying I did NOT participate,  I also got a PM telling me good work for participating. I will paste it:

[09:27] Leonidas: The Grand PvP Warfare Tournament has finished!

Good work, Archon! Your contribution of 6447 points has not gone unnoticed.

Here is the list of Archons who excelled in the Tournament and made it into the top Rankings! Try to keep up with them, Archon!

This game is a joke, the only reason I continue to play it is because I have made friends and this is the only medium to easily stay in touch with them. But soon that wont even be enough for me to stay here. Just saying!

Jun 16, 2016, 17:3806/16/16
11/30/15
spartacus777 said:

I'm ready for this tournament ;)
Spartacus bends over again and says 'take me, take me'.  - what a load of bollocks from a Plarium lackey/coiner
Jun 17, 2016, 09:1406/17/16
09/17/15

Greetings.

I would like to give you more details about our Anniversary Tournaments. From the start you were notified that there's no personal reward in those Tournaments. Once can receive a reward only for placing in TOP 250. So only 250 players were supposed to get a reward, and you could see this information in each Tournament description and in our News.

Now let's look deeper into this issue.

While you had Grand Anniversary Tournaments, you also had small usual Tournaments which were launched each day according to our schedule. You could participate in them and receive rewards in each one of them.

I'm pretty sure that you've earned most of your points during those regular Tournaments and received your rewards for them.

In PvP fights, you received Experience points, and you had fun with other players. PvP is a vital part of this game, and all players are involved into it.

In PvE fights, you received Experience points for your lost Units, payouts (or accumulated points), Items, etc.

So you did actually receive a reward for your actions. Meanwhile you received points in Grand Tournaments. They were not the only thing you got from PvE and PvP actions which you were involved in.

Moreover, during the celebration we have offered you free gifts in the game, and multiple giveaways in communities. I hope you had a lot of fun during the past two weeks, and you'll enjoy our further celebrations as well.