"Urgent Aid" Request for Attack time limits

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 30, 2017, 20:0210/30/17
02/27/17

I have been using this feature ever since it was introduced (a couple of months ago?), but for the last few days, when I request an attack on a city and set it for 7 days, it appears on the list as only 4 hours. Is this a bug, or has some new rule been added that is not in the info statement on that page? TIA.
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 31, 2017, 00:0810/31/17
01/10/16

Ike said:

I have been using this feature ever since it was introduced (a couple of months ago?), but for the last few days, when I request an attack on a city and set it for 7 days, it appears on the list as only 4 hours. Is this a bug, or has some new rule been added that is not in the info statement on that page? TIA.

Hello Ike,

I am not a Moderator but I am curious about your question.

You stated that you "request an attack and set it for 7 days"?? I don't see that in my game (Server is Glorious valley) Are you on Facebook server?

Thanks

Mick
Oct 31, 2017, 03:2310/31/17
02/27/17
Mick13000 said:

Ike said:

Hello Ike,

I am not a Moderator but I am curious about your question.

You stated that you "request an attack and set it for 7 days"?? I don't see that in my game (Server is Glorious valley) Are you on Facebook server?

Thanks

Mick
Yes, I'm on FB and Glorious Valley. The requests show up when you click the 'coalitions' icon on the lower right of the city page. Then you see 5 options, and the default is at the top right, 'urgent aid'. To actually create a request for aid (an attack on a city in this case), you go to the city, mouse over it, and click the small blue icon which says 'create a request for attack'. When you click that icon, you have a choice of 4 options for length, from 4 hours to 7 days.
MariusAdmin
Oct 31, 2017, 08:2510/31/17
09/04/17
It is a Facebook-only feature for the time being, though it should be ported to the Portal servers as soon as we can. But in regards to the issue itself, it's a bug we already reported, Ike. Our devs will dow hat they can to fix it ASAP 
Oct 31, 2017, 10:4310/31/17
01/17/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

It is a Facebook-only feature for the time being, though it should be ported to the Portal servers as soon as we can. But in regards to the issue itself, it's a bug we already reported, Ike. Our devs will dow hat they can to fix it ASAP 

again a facebook only thing 

plarium is rediculous
Oct 31, 2017, 10:5610/31/17
Oct 31, 2017, 10:56(edited)
01/27/15

Vodka said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

again a facebook only thing 

plarium is rediculous

I agree.  They have also said that about other features  over a year ago that still have not come to our servers

MariusAdmin
Oct 31, 2017, 11:0110/31/17
09/04/17
It will be coming to Plarium.com as well, however, a lot of work is required before it can be implemented. Hence why it is taking this long.
Oct 31, 2017, 12:4310/31/17
10/08/14

Maybe, you can then tell us why FB server is chosen above this one for implementing new features?  Why are we here on this server paying the same money for less features, and what advantages do they gain over us in the game? Why not start some of the new features here first? If these features are giving them advantages over us in gameplay, this is blatantly discriminatory and unfair at the least, and at the worst constitutes fraud. Also, as the above posters have already stated, your response is the standard party line used to appease us while the features available there seem to never, or rarely, make it over here to us. The problem here is not us, but Plarium's lack of regard for the players here and their desire to compete in a fair and equitable environment, not in one where, by not being in the right place hampers them.

Before you launch into the standard party line regarding these features being difficult to implement, must not be too difficult, you did it for FB. Before you make excuses justifying and rationalizing Plarium's behavior regarding this issue, and why FB players have the features they have and we here do not, take a good look at this ridiculous feature going on now, I know I could do without the incessant clicking on graphics that have little to do with the overall theme of the game, and the annoying red 1 that appears by the events icon for as long as it lasts. I know that I, and I am sure others too, would prefer the more substantive features provided to players elsewhere as opposed to these gimmicky features like the one happening now, and oh, by the way, how much work is put into this type of thing, while ignoring the promises made literally years ago now to implement the features possessed by FB players to the players here on this server.

I have played this game for 1,120 consecutive days, and I have seen many changes, and while I would like to have something positive to say, I simply cannot think of one thing that has positively affected me in a very long time. All any player can ask for is fair and equitable environment to compete in, and as it stands now, that environment does not exist on this server until all the features that the FB players possess as they play are possessed by the players on this server.

Perhaps, to be fair, we can call your remarks explanations rather than excuses, but after awhile, even the most forgiving players will come to the conclusion that Plarium does not intend to grant us here the same features as the FB players receive. Many here do not know they are not getting the same features as FB, or if they are aware, by now, as many of us are, simply weary of "explanations"  or excuses and have become resigned to fact, or they have accepted the fact that they are competing in an unfair environment, while the promises to change this are just that, empty promises.

When most players do become aware of this imbalance, I think they will react much in the same way they have to the VIP program, seeing it as unfair, and giving distinct advantages to others while they are left to compete in an already tough environment with less. On some level Plarium will come to regret this type of thing.
MariusAdmin
Oct 31, 2017, 13:0410/31/17
09/04/17
The issue here is Flash Player. When our game engine was developed originally, Flash was the best platform for it and was widely used and supported by all available browser software. However, as time passed, it "fell out of favour" and is now well on its way to no longer being supported by any major Internet browser, with very few websites being an exception. Facebook is one such exception, which allows us to implement new features there without causing significant problems with the game engine. When it comes to Plarium Portal, we need to port Sparta and other games to a whole new engine for it to work smoothly. As you understand, this is a massive amount of work that cannot be completed as fast as we would like it to be.
Oct 31, 2017, 14:1310/31/17
02/27/17
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Thank you.
Oct 31, 2017, 16:1710/31/17
06/12/16

woad said:

Maybe, you can then tell us why FB server is chosen above this one for implementing new features?  Why are we here on this server paying the same money for less features, and what advantages do they gain over us in the game? Why not start some of the new features here first? If these features are giving them advantages over us in gameplay, this is blatantly discriminatory and unfair at the least, and at the worst constitutes fraud. Also, as the above posters have already stated, your response is the standard party line used to appease us while the features available there seem to never, or rarely, make it over here to us. The problem here is not us, but Plarium's lack of regard for the players here and their desire to compete in a fair and equitable environment, not in one where, by not being in the right place hampers them.

Before you launch into the standard party line regarding these features being difficult to implement, must not be too difficult, you did it for FB. Before you make excuses justifying and rationalizing Plarium's behavior regarding this issue, and why FB players have the features they have and we here do not, take a good look at this ridiculous feature going on now, I know I could do without the incessant clicking on graphics that have little to do with the overall theme of the game, and the annoying red 1 that appears by the events icon for as long as it lasts. I know that I, and I am sure others too, would prefer the more substantive features provided to players elsewhere as opposed to these gimmicky features like the one happening now, and oh, by the way, how much work is put into this type of thing, while ignoring the promises made literally years ago now to implement the features possessed by FB players to the players here on this server.

I have played this game for 1,120 consecutive days, and I have seen many changes, and while I would like to have something positive to say, I simply cannot think of one thing that has positively affected me in a very long time. All any player can ask for is fair and equitable environment to compete in, and as it stands now, that environment does not exist on this server until all the features that the FB players possess as they play are possessed by the players on this server.

Perhaps, to be fair, we can call your remarks explanations rather than excuses, but after awhile, even the most forgiving players will come to the conclusion that Plarium does not intend to grant us here the same features as the FB players receive. Many here do not know they are not getting the same features as FB, or if they are aware, by now, as many of us are, simply weary of "explanations"  or excuses and have become resigned to fact, or they have accepted the fact that they are competing in an unfair environment, while the promises to change this are just that, empty promises.

When most players do become aware of this imbalance, I think they will react much in the same way they have to the VIP program, seeing it as unfair, and giving distinct advantages to others while they are left to compete in an already tough environment with less. On some level Plarium will come to regret this type of thing.

What improvements exist in the Facebook server?

Oct 31, 2017, 19:0910/31/17
01/17/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

The issue here is Flash Player. When our game engine was developed originally, Flash was the best platform for it and was widely used and supported by all available browser software. However, as time passed, it "fell out of favour" and is now well on its way to no longer being supported by any major Internet browser, with very few websites being an exception. Facebook is one such exception, which allows us to implement new features there without causing significant problems with the game engine. When it comes to Plarium Portal, we need to port Sparta and other games to a whole new engine for it to work smoothly. As you understand, this is a massive amount of work that cannot be completed as fast as we would like it to be.
i can no longer be bothered woth this answer many players like myself spend a significant amount of money on this game and we always get thia bs answer... fix it put some developers on it im aure you guys have the funds to do so 
Oct 31, 2017, 19:5810/31/17
10/08/14

While on the surface, and at first read you seem to "explain" in a straightforward manner the reason that we here cannot have the same features as the FB players do, and until this "massive" amount of work is completed there is no way we here will see any changes or features that currently exist on FB. If one follows this logic, yours, the fact that Flash will no longer be supported by major web browsers, what happens when the support is withdrawn even for the FB players? Is Flash any different there than here? If not then there is a flaw in your argument for not implementing the changes that exist there now to here. At least those of us who play here would get equality of features instead of feeling disadvantaged as I, and I suspect others too, now do.

For all I know this could be some backdoor approach to getting more players to use FB. While you addressed part of my inquiries you neglected to address one of the largest questions I posed to you: Do FB players gain an advantage over the players here by having these extra features available to them? You also stated "as you understand", no, I do not understand at all. If the same platform exists on both servers, then provide us here with the same features as they have, or take theirs away if they have an advantage over the players here. It is a matter of fairness and equality as well as a technical issue. No matter how you frame your "explanation", which by the way was the most coherent one I have seen in some time, it is still lacking in substance and results for the players here.

If there is no advantage to the FB players having features that we do not here on the dot com server have, then my objections are not really substantive ones, but if they do have an advantage over us here, then they are crucial to fair, equal, and competitive gameplay, and means that my money buys less value and capability as a FB players money does.

I appreciate that you are being placed in a difficult position by these circumstances, but that is what you get compensated for. Again, your answer was clear enough, and came the closest to "explaining"  the situation as it now exists, but it stated the obvious, things already known. But, I cannot help but think how convenient it is that Flash Player is falling out favor thereby allowing what seems to be a reasonable "explanation" as to why we here have not received the same features, nor will we be receiving them anytime soon, when many of these features have existed on FB for more than a year and a half, and have been promised to us here throughout that period of time.

As I said, if there is no advantage to them having the features we do not, then it really does not matter much, but if there is an advantage then it is a huge problem for Plarium. So for me, and perhaps others too, the issue really is a simple one, do the FB players enjoy any type of advantage over us here? If I can get a definitive answer to that question, then at least I and others here would know where we stand.

fb

MariusAdmin
Nov 1, 2017, 08:3411/01/17
09/04/17

I will try to go a bit more into detail in response to your points, Woad. There is one important clarification that needs to be made: our games started out on social networks such as Russian VK and Facebook. If we really wanted our players to stay there, we would not have created Plarium Portal to begin with. If and when Flash Player is no longer supported on Facebook as well, we will be prepared and have a new game engine ready. At the moment significant resources are dedicated to that task, but it also important to understand that engine encompasses all of our browser strategy games and there is an enormous amount of variables and details that need to be taken account and painstakingly worked on to avoid creative massive issues across all our games. 

To answer the question of advantages, that depends on your point of view. Facebook players do have more features available to them right now, however, they are playing on their own servers and you are not interacting with them directly in the game. The very same features will be made available to you once Sparta is ported to the new game engine, that much I can confirm. 
Nov 1, 2017, 10:2311/01/17

thanks for this informative clarification dimitri. we all have been waiting for this long overdue statement from you.

but lets go on. it is time to offer us, the players on the dot.com servers, something to hold on and to compensate the lack of features for the next months. the winter is coming and as this game stays this boring, many will leave to facebook or change the whole game i guess.

so how are your plans to keep us happy?

MariusAdmin
Nov 1, 2017, 12:0711/01/17
09/04/17
You may have noticed that our Support agents will start working directly in the Bug Reports section of the Plarium Portal forums. This will make issue resolution for our users here faster in many cases. Additionally, you have full anonymity on the Portal, unless you choose for it to be otherwise. On Facebook everyone in the game can see your identity. In regards to game features, we plan to keep them the same as soon as Portal and Facebook servers can have the same functionality.
Nov 1, 2017, 12:1911/01/17
01/17/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

You may have noticed that our Support agents will start working directly in the Bug Reports section of the Plarium Portal forums. This will make issue resolution for our users here faster in many cases. Additionally, you have full anonymity on the Portal, unless you choose for it to be otherwise. On Facebook everyone in the game can see your identity. In regards to game features, we plan to keep them the same as soon as Portal and Facebook servers can have the same functionality.

yes but this as soon as ? 

this again meens a year ? 

we really miss new features and game is definately getting boring... 

a simple progress push tournament or something like that isnt gone change that im afriad 
MariusAdmin
Nov 1, 2017, 13:2811/01/17
09/04/17
I am afraid we cannot predict all unexpected difficulties that can arise during the development process and delay the final resolution, so there is exact ETA that I can provide at the moment.