Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 18, 2017, 22:4008/18/17
12/25/15

what happens with the bot cities right now

Hi eyeryone,

Server: the Glorious Valley

i am not able to raid the bot cities because of protected by plarium.

https://prnt.sc/ga85m2

Is there anyone who can give me some information about it?

Thank´s in advance

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 19, 2017, 16:1208/19/17
11/15/15

Not working for Plarium, all I can say is what is obvious:

1. Plarium did not announce this before implementing.

2. Plarium talks about not wanting to change game balance.

3. Plarium, in the past, has taken away food production or (bronze,wood) production on columns of bots.

4. The planned expectation is that players will fight each other for the fewer remaining resources or quit.

5. Plarium hopes to make more money selling troops and resources as the fighting intensifies.

Conclusion, Plarium is squeezing the last money out of players who remain.

Prediction, Plarium will have lower player retention, both among new and existing members on any reduced resource platform. This will add more resources to the remaining players as cities become inactive, but the trend is clear. Next, will be protecting more bots and inactive players' cities.

Speculation, Plarium wants to shut down this world and have players move to a new one where they can spend money again.
Aug 20, 2017, 08:1008/20/17
12/25/15

Drag-Theseus said:

That is ''returning protection'' ..so explanation is thiis.. player was offline more than 5 weeks and now he is back and he have protection which will durate 7 days 

This is a Bot City provided by plarium not a real players city. And it is not just about one Bot City the whole botline is under protection.

Aug 20, 2017, 13:2408/20/17
Aug 20, 2017, 13:25(edited)
08/22/15

Drag-Theseus said:

BrentSchenk.email said:

Prediction, Plarium will have lower player retention, both among new and existing members on any reduced resource platform. This will add more resources to the remaining players as cities become inactive, but the trend is clear. Next, will be protecting more bots and inactive players' cities.

Speculation, Plarium wants to shut down this world and have players move to a new one where they can spend money again.

Sounds like some ''Conspiracy''  in the way you talk Archon.. lol

Yes i'm sure that everything that is Anti Plarium Greedy Practices are always just " Conspiracies " :D

Use your T.A.R.D.I.S and get out of here haha
Aug 23, 2017, 21:3608/23/17
02/02/16
I agree with the original post as well.  Nearly all of the level 42 bots near me are suddenly protected.  A few days ago there were not.  We are talking about at least 100 computer generated bot cities, that are all in a row that several people often raid for RSS.  Now all protected.  Why are they protected now?  How long with this last?
Aug 23, 2017, 21:4208/23/17
Aug 23, 2017, 21:47(edited)
11/26/14
naffets.sr said:

Drag-Theseus said:

That is ''returning protection'' ..so explanation is thiis.. player was offline more than 5 weeks and now he is back and he have protection which will durate 7 days 

This is a Bot City provided by plarium not a real players city. And it is not just about one Bot City the whole botline is under protection.

Plarium claims they didnt put them bots there , but they did ..dont buy what they try to sell you...Most all these cities have random letters and numbers for names. Most of these bots were there even before plarium came out with the move your city thingy..And there is no way all them cities are lined up so perfectly like that by random..Either that or its someone who once worked for plarium and knows the coding to make all them cities...They will try to say them 100's of bots are real players who all came back and now are protected......If you believe that you also believe in unicorns..
Aug 24, 2017, 10:5108/24/17
Aug 24, 2017, 10:52(edited)
08/13/16

Either way, time will tell whats up here:

1: If the protection is gone soon, and if it stays gone, then there was some once-off reason which is then irrelevant anyway.

2: If the protection continues for another week, or if it returns from time to time, then the intention is clearly for players to fight each other for resources or buy the resources at the market. It is also no secret that player numbers are declining and new players are also getting channel into server 2 and 3. Plarium might be feeling there are too many bots now for the active players remaining and not enough troops dying or money getting spent for RSS. 

IMO, most likely what is happening is point number 2 above.