All Categories

Another new feature that requires large amounts of drachmas.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 16, 2018, 07:2311/16/18
10/08/16

I was surprised when I clicked on to the forum this evening to not see that someone else has already brought this up. Going back about five or so days ago I went into the agreement window to raise an agreement level from 26 to 27. I was shocked when it brought up the requirements and I saw they added a fourth one: drachmas. Not only did they do that it seems now it takes large amounts to do so when it comes to raising ANY agreement to a decent level. So far the only ones that are still free are the Trap Agreements, which only have very low Max levels. Further more, its not just agreements but most buildings, not the new levels for the training buildings but I have a feeling that once I get to a certain level they will have it to. Lastly, they even charge drachmas for phylarch bonuses (well at least for all the ones I have left, each of which just needs to be bumped to level 10)

Now I'll openly admit I do occasionally purchase packages, but only really good ones that are on sale. Figure maybe 1 every 6 - 8 weeks. So you see, if I purchases 10 - 15K in drachmas (along with some units & items) it would be very taxing to turn around and spend 3-5k just to raise a single agreement! Now I admit it is possible I am reading this wrong (hopefully), please someone chime in.

But let me add one more thought before anyone says it. I do understand that its possible to extract drachmas from emporiums and as rewards for tourneys, but both those methods do not provide large amounts of drachmas. At least not in respect to the scale these new taxes are. Many times I have seen complaints in various post here and they are usually met with that answer. I personally can understand that Coiners may purchase more items/units that are achieveable with lots of hours of plays. But, this time it just seems they have gone much too far. 

XP
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 16, 2018, 12:4011/16/18
02/13/17
What you look at is Instant Upgrade I believe. Nothing has changed for me at least. I think you look at Instant Upgrade which will cost you Drachmas.
Nov 17, 2018, 02:2111/17/18
01/07/15

Hi  Xpusher32

As Coeus as mentionned , you still can upgrade your agreements with ressources . They added an instant upgrade with drachmas for those you want to go faster. So now you have to way to upgrade agreements: ressources and also with drachmas
Nov 17, 2018, 13:1811/17/18
10/08/16

Oh okay. Before I couldn't see the cost until after I clicked on the agreement. You guys are probably right as it seemed absurd (especially considering how high the costs were & the arbitrary level at which they appeared. Unfortunetly, I can't confirm this right now since for the past 24 hours my game won't load past %96! I am going to try going over the trouble-shooting guide again but the first time nothing seemed wrong or resolved the issue. Anybody got any idea how to deal with this?

XP  
Nov 18, 2018, 23:3811/18/18
09/23/15

Most of Agreements can be upgraded with resources and some with resources and GP's, the Drachma is only if you want an instant upgrade.

Also throughout the game you will find this feature which is useful when you want things done then and there.

And in some situations like General Abilities you can activate two abilities simultaneously with the help of Drachma which can be useful in most circumstances as many players prefer them activated simultaneously. 

I hope this helps.

Nov 20, 2018, 07:1511/20/18
10/08/16

Just letting those who responded know that you were all correct, the drachma amount that is shown when you highlight "requirements" is the amount it cost to update the agreement instantly. Same goes for the phylarch bonuses. Good thing too, because if they made those kind of costs mandatory for updating essential features (especially the amounts that were shown) that would have been the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." Thanks for the input everyone.

XP
Nov 21, 2018, 09:5511/21/18
09/23/15
You very welcome , Glad to help :)