New equipment chests in coalition mission reward packs

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 14, 2018, 21:2704/14/18
02/25/16

So Plarium added five Class II uncommon equipment chests to coalition reward packs 4 & 5... Many of us in bigger coalitions that max out reward packs on every mission are getting 10 of these chests per day.

Does anybody bother opening these and breaking the equipment?  They contain useless equipment that takes forever to break for a measly 120 pieces so I'm throwing the chests out as fast as I get them. I would clog up my breaking queue for years if I started opening them.

For some reason breaking a weapon that makes 120 pieces takes 24 times as long as breaking one that makes 90 pieces and that gets awarded on nearly every PP battle level 21 to 40.  So why punish players for finding uncommon, rare and legendary equipment?  Is it supposed to be a curse? Any player with half a brain would choose to receive a common class II weapon over an uncommon class II weapon.  It would logical if producing pieces took exactly the same time per piece regardless of Class or Rarity. If anything the rarer weapons should have an advantage not a disadvantage since they are already difficult to find.

I am puzzled by Plarium's inability to see such an obvious error in their design and their reluctance to fix it once it is pointed out to them. Does anybody at Plarium even play the game to uncover such imbalances?  Or is admitting they made a mistake just too painful to consider?  

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 15, 2018, 17:3604/15/18
09/04/16

The Main Problem is that you must Always Have 5 Slots Free in order to discards them otherwise you lose General Items.

Apr 15, 2018, 20:1104/15/18
04/13/16
so  you think it's okey to  lose    items youre general it's equipped  because of this   worthless  chest ...not funny 
Apr 15, 2018, 20:5004/15/18
Apr 15, 2018, 20:54(edited)
09/04/16

You lose General Items if you dont have 5 free slots and one of them must not belong to the temporary storage in order to discards them otherwise you lose General Items or the Reward Pack (s) if you run out of time.

If you have not 5 free slots in order not to lose the reward pack (packs) you must use Time Boosters to free the necessary slots. The required breaking time for each "Package" is 30 hours (5 items x 6 hours).

If you take two per day and you need at least 2.5 days to break them, even if you buy all the available slots soon you may run out of slots.

MariusAdmin
Apr 16, 2018, 10:5704/16/18
09/04/17
You should be able to discard the unwanted chests individually from your General's inventory by right-clicking them and selecting "Discard". I should also note that feedback on the matter has been passed to the devs. Player opinions seem polarized, some enjoy the free resources, especially on Facebook servers where keys can be traded for Timber, Bronze, and Grain, others do not like having to clear the inventory. We will see if devs decide to make any changes.
Apr 16, 2018, 11:0604/16/18
09/14/15
well Dmitri. tell me why  a reward pack   has to contain such a thing in the first place. This is no reward, its a curse. If your coal can actually get the 4th or 5th pack, they dont deserve to have to deal with any extra crappy maintenance. 
Apr 16, 2018, 14:1704/16/18
Apr 16, 2018, 14:23(edited)
09/04/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

You should be able to discard the unwanted chests individually from your General's inventory by right-clicking them and selecting "Discard". I should also note that feedback on the matter has been passed to the devs. Player opinions seem polarized, some enjoy the free resources, especially on Facebook servers where keys can be traded for Timber, Bronze, and Grain, others do not like having to clear the inventory. We will see if devs decide to make any changes.

Persian Position Players have General Inventory almost Full of items when playing Positions often ...

Replace the type of the items from uncommon to common or reduce the breaking time .. no more than an hour per item ...

Apr 17, 2018, 13:2604/17/18
02/25/16

It is amazing to me that a Plarium Moderator has such a poor grasp of the game... Instead of looking at why players don't want these "rewards" and fixing that problem you are looking at popularity of the award among players that can trade the keys for resources.  Why not replace them with extra resources then?  The problem originated a long time ago when Plarium assigned breaking times to the General items.  Someone got the math completely wrong...

I wonder what the developers would think if Plarium paid them $30/hour but only $60 for a full workday? Sounds crazy doesn't it?

When you play PPs regularly you get a few of these Uncommon, Rare and Legendary items.  I am annoyed every time I get one because it cannot be discarded like an unopened chest and its really not worth breaking compared to the common items.  The best items to win are the class III and IV common ones. 240 pieces in 30 minutes or 480/60 = 8 pieces/minute. Class II Common are fine too at 90/15 = 6 pieces/min. 

Because you win so many items the breaking time is a much greater consideration than the number of pieces you get per battle.  Since 99.9% of the items you get will be broken into pieces so their real value is in fact this the pieces/minute ratio.

The logical answer is that breaking time should have been exactly proportional to the number pieces you get.  Since uncommon, rare and legendary items are dispensed at much lower frequency this would in no way change the game balance and you would at least feel that you got something slightly positive for winning one of less ordinary items. As it is all of these items whether received in chests with the reward packs or in PP battles have decreasing appeal the rarer they are.  This is basic logic.

MariusAdmin
Apr 17, 2018, 14:0604/17/18
09/04/17
This is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however, developers will not be adjusting game balance based on player feedback alone in the majority of cases, certainly not when it comes to something that has been stable for a long while. We have notified them about the general reception of these rewards, what will happen next will be up to them.
Apr 17, 2018, 21:3304/17/18
02/25/16

The is not an "opinion" - I design control algorithms for a living and can mathematically prove to you that it doesn't make sense.  Of course it is stable because the availability is controlled by the Plarium frequency distribution algorithm and there is no way to abuse something you can't control.  You could make the breaking time 10 seconds for all the items and nothing would change.

1. Assume all items received should be broken for pieces.  This is true since every player only keeps and upgrades around 10-20 items over the course of several years.  During this same time they may collect 10,000 or more general items from PPs + another 5,000 from reward packs and tournament rewards.  Over 99.9% of all items received are only used to make pieces.

2. On average you receive one uncommon item about every 20 PP battles.  Rare and Legendary much less frequently.

3. On a given day you collect 20 new items (or more if you are heavily into PPs)

4. Let's say you are clearing positions between level 21 and 40 so you win 19 Class II common items and one Class II uncommon item

5. You have to spend 19 x 15 min breaking Common items to collect 19 x 90 = 1710 pieces but 24 x 15 min to collect the last 120 pieces.

6. Unless you have a lot of time to waste you can't stay online for 10 Hrs and 45 Min to break all these weapons so you boost the breaking process.  You have to use 20% more boosts to break the last item than the previous 19 items together and you get less than 1/10th of the pieces. 

It is obvious that the Uncommon Item is a curse not a reward as it was intended to be.  It has zero advantages over the Common Item.

MariusAdmin
Apr 18, 2018, 07:4904/18/18
09/04/17
I appreciate the effort you have put into the calculations above, however, feedback has been passed already. Our devs will consider the situation and make a decision, which is not guaranteed to be the decision you are asking for here.
Apr 18, 2018, 12:1004/18/18
09/04/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Trededing Uncommon lvl II keys for Resources is good for very low/newbies players but higher level Players have training queues more than one month so more resources is not so useful for them.

If we could trade also Uncommon lvl II keys for Uncommon lvl III and IV keys would be the best for all Players but i do not think Plarium takes seriously what the Players/Customers really want.

Apr 20, 2018, 10:5704/20/18
Apr 20, 2018, 10:58(edited)
04/13/16
Hooray they are out ...   finally ...maybe   now  you guys can spend youre resources doing something good  for us players ..not ....  like this