Round and round we go....

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 26, 2019, 05:5402/26/19
02/25/16

Players report that the game is very slow and crashes frequently.

Agent Helga points us to two useless and unrelated closed topics - one about loading issues (we don't have loading issues) and the other about how to post a bug report - then closes the topic as if she has resolved the issue or responded to our concern.

Agent Helga, you have not provided a response to the issue so why do you close the topic?  This is the second time you have done this so I am reopening it.  This is not a loading issue it is about the fact that the game cannot run for more 10-15 minutes before it freezes and has to be restarted.  The raid timers increment 10-12 second steps and some actions take forever to execute.
Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 26, 2019, 10:5002/26/19
03/10/15

mikalosos, get ready for her favorite answer to you

"I see this is of your concern"

Maybe she thinks you are the support agent and that's why you are concern about the game not functioning well (i believe support agents should be concern if game not working well, but maybe i am wrong)

I don't know in what language and what way to say that game goes slow, that with all extras now everything takes longer, that game gets frozen many times doing actions that before it did not, that i am tired of losing time leaving app and entering to see an inform or to be able to do an action  or refresh browser because we try both always to see which one is better daily ... and the place where she sends us is of no help, 

(and again har file, it is not the solution to the problems...)
Feb 26, 2019, 11:0902/26/19
12/29/14
the bugs are forgotten (no time for these), they are probably working on the latest round of moneymake elysian features/upgrades/improvements??
Agent HelgaTechnical Support
Feb 26, 2019, 14:4902/26/19
05/13/15

Hello again! I am sorry, I must have misunderstood your last reply. 

I expected you to create a .har file and send it to the support. That would give us the materials that would illustrate those lags you mentioned and as a result, help us and the developers to detect the issue.

Let me explain in detail why I send those 2 links: link to the "Loading Issues" and link to the instruction on how to create a bug report. 

Here is how it works: when there is a trouble in the game, we need to make sure that we (the support team) and the developers can reproduce it and see for ourselves. This is not a matter of trust, it's that we cannot fix something if we are unable to even find that issue. That is why I need as detailed information about the issue as possible: the more information we have, the more chances that we will find the issue and fix it. And that is why I send the link to an instruction.

Sometimes we see complaints that something is wrong but we cannot reproduce it. And in lots of cases, there is no way to find something that would illustrate the issue in the logs.

That is why I sent you the link to the Loading Issues topic. Since a screenshot most probably cannot capture the lag and will not give information on what is wrong and the logs will not illustrate it too, we need some other way to illustrate the issue. In the case of lags, it is a .har file.  

We do not recommend sharing .har file through the forum, that is why I ask players to follow the link, specified in the mentioned article. There is a special form for such cases.

Feb 26, 2019, 16:5002/26/19
03/10/15

har file measure my computer and my iternet and thats not the problem here

if you can not reproduce maybe is because you dont play because everyone that does, notices it
Feb 27, 2019, 06:4402/27/19
02/25/16

I could create a HAR file if I was running SWOE through a browser but I am playing on the App. 

Can you provide clear instructions on how to create a HAR file from the Plarium Application?

It is very difficult to reproduce lag issues experienced at remote locations if you are testing the connection from the location right where the servers are.  I believe the problems start with too much data passing through too many portals.  If the program hangs while waiting for data to come in then it becomes unplayable.  Since I don't have noticeable lag when accessing other websites it looks like the problem is specific to Plarium.  Slow servers, not enough data bandwidth... difficult to say what. 

A typical error is moving general equipment between slots.  Very quickly the program "forgets" which slots are occupied and which slots a free and you cant move anything until you exit and re-enter the App.

Sometimes raids on cities land and then freeze.  The screen indicates "City being raided" but the units are not accessible, there is no battle report and you cant recall the units.  I have waited 10 minutes with the units still "trapped" in battle.  When you exit and re-enter the game your units may already be home in your city so they are not really trapped the game is just frozen.

There are many instances of such problems these are just 2 specific ones.

Agent HelgaTechnical Support
Feb 28, 2019, 14:2502/28/19
05/13/15

Thank you for describing the issues more detailed.

About moving general equipment between slots, there was a bug but it was fixed with the previous update. Did you occur such issues recently?

About the "City being raided" case. Did you notice anything special when this happens? For example, it happens usually when your whole coalition attacks the same target or when you have a lot of squads in route?  

I get now that you are playing through the app. However, in case you tried, do you have the same lags when you play through the browser?

Feb 28, 2019, 18:1002/28/19
03/10/15

Agent Helga said:

About moving general equipment between slots, there was a bug but it was fixed with the previous update. Did you occur such issues recently?

yes

About the "City being raided" case. Did you notice anything special when this happens? For example, it happens usually when your whole coalition attacks the same target or when you have a lot of squads in route?  

no, it happends in normal game situations